NFC Title Game: Pack vs Hawks

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no, for decades I have always thought at the end of halves and games and other times that QBs should do the equivalent of mini-Hail Marys. Lob it high, to the endzone, and hope you get a good bounce or great catch or whatever. And they rarely do. He knew he had to get 2 points, he knew a teammate was there, he probably had no idea where Uh Oh Dix was but it didn't matter, he lobbed the ball up in a place and way that it could be points. Hell yeah it was very lucky. But hardly anyone ever tries that let alone escapes like that and then tries it, and it was perfect, too, right in Wilson's hands, regardless again of the defender.

It was a classic example of "you make your own luck." You literally have nothing to lose on a 2 pt conversion, so you may as well take a chance and heave it up if the play breaks down.

Me? I think that the D should get 2 points if they force a turnover and return it. It'd be a great rule and add more drama.

Turns out that knucklehead Bostick was not supposed to touch the ball on the kick.....he was supposed to block and let Jordy Nelson make the play on the ball. I wondered why some clearly no-hands guy was on the hands group. Just an incredible brain-fart on special teams of hr-throwback proportions.

I still can't believe that play...Incredible... B-)

Turns out that knucklehead Bostick was not supposed to touch the ball on the kick.....he was supposed to block and let Jordy Nelson make the play on the ball. I wondered why some clearly no-hands guy was on the hands group. Just an incredible brain-fart on special teams of hr-throwback proportions.

And right on cue, folks are demonizing the poor guy as the "goat" of the game although after his gaffe the Packers were still ahead, 19-14, and the Seahawks had the ball on their own 40. It was a terrible mistake, but it didn't lose the game.

And right on cue, folks are demonizing the poor guy as the "goat" of the game although after his gaffe the Packers were still ahead, 19-14, and the Seahawks had the ball on their own 40. It was a terrible mistake, but it didn't lose the game.

Yea. Rushing 4 and sitting in prevent and leaving the CB on an island? Dom Capers should ashamed.

It most certainly caused GB to fail to win it, however.

If he cleanly fields the ball, the game is over and GB wins. Period.

Execution. It's 100 times more important in football than coaching.

It most certainly caused GB to fail to win it, however.

If he cleanly fields the ball, the game is over and GB wins. Period.

Execution. It's 100 times more important in football than coaching.

All circular arguments. Players learn to execute as if it is second nature because of the way they are coached.

There were a handful of plays that "caused GB to fail to win it" -- such as their failure to convert drives into TDs in the first half.

It's always easy to pick one play or bad call -- I suppose it's human nature -- but Bostick shouldn't be castigated for this. At the end of the day he was trying to help his team win.

It's always easy to pick one play or bad call -- I suppose it's human nature -- but Bostick shouldn't be castigated for this. At the end of the day he was trying to help his team win.

Only thing I will say E is he was supposed to block on that play, and let Nelson catch. If he does his job the way it was designed , Nelson not only has a better chance at recovering, but the dude who recovered for the Hawks would have been blocked out of the play.

Only thing I will say E is he was supposed to block on that play, and let Nelson catch. If he does his job the way it was designed , Nelson not only has a better chance at recovering, but the dude who recovered for the Hawks would have been blocked out of the play.

Oh I agree -- he screwed up. There's no question. The problem is he let his emotions get the best of him when he saw that football bouncing to him -- I'm pretty sure a Belichick-coached player doesn't make that mistake.

Didn't the post you quote essentially make the same commentary you are?

I don't care if you think pointing that out is demonizing or not. It happened. His mental lapse was a huge factor in the loss.

No one left during "The Comeback". In fact, from my straw poll, there were over 200,000 Bills fans at the Ralph that game. :nana:

Not sure if this was brought up but when the Pack had that last int and the player just lied down, I am curious as to how far he could have run before thinking the game was just...over

Not sure from the angles i have seen, and did not tape the game. But, i will be first to stand up and say i thought he made the right move. But think i was wrong after seeing some replays...but the all 22 will show more .

First thing I thought of when reading the post you quoted.

well, i think it was closer to all of WNY being at the game, along with every WNY ex pat...would put it more at 500,000 at game.

Not sure from the angles i have seen, and did not tape the game. But, i will be first to stand up and say i thought he made the right move. But think i was wrong after seeing some replays...but the all 22 will show more .

well, i think it was closer to all of WNY being at the game, along with every WNY ex pat...would put it more at 500,000 at game.

I said this earlier in this thread, I think Burnett going down instead of advancing the ball(could have easily gained a minimum of 20 yards) was as big of a bonehead move as the 2 point conversion, the blown coverage on the fake FG, and the botched onsides kick recovery attempt.

That was the kind of play you make when you intercept a ball with a minute to go in the game...NOT 5 minutes to go.

I said this earlier in this thread, I think Burnett going down instead of advancing the ball(could have easily gained a minimum of 20 yards) was as big of a bonehead move as the 2 point conversion, the blown coverage on the fake FG, and the botched onsides kick recovery attempt.

That was the kind of play you make when you intercept a ball with a minute to go in the game...NOT 5 minutes to go.

Usually, yes. But on a very wet day if you are not used to carrying it, which he isn't, it's a smart move. Plus, Julius Peppers was motioning for him to go down. He saw him and did.

Usually, yes. But on a very wet day if you are not used to carrying it, which he isn't, it's a smart move. Plus, Julius Peppers was motioning for him to go down. He saw him and did.

Then Peppers is an idiot and he deserves to miss out on maybe his last chance to go to a SB. Do you ever remember a play like that with 5 minutes to go in a 12 point game?