NFC Title Game: Pack vs Hawks

I won't dispute the fact that it was a terrific job by Wilson just to get that pass off. However, IMO, it doesn't negate the fact that it was a completion only because of an unbelievably bad play by the defensive back.

I think the football gods were smiling on Seattle in this game...

Interesting fact about that play. The score is 21-20 SEA. If GB intercepts the pass and runs it back, they are awarded 2 points - 22 -21 GB. The interesting thing is that SEA (the TD scorer) kicks to GB. So, GB goes up AND gets the ball back. That play was riskier than most would realize.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting fact about that play. The score is 21-20 SEA. If GB intercepts the pass and runs it back, they are awarded 2 points - 22 -21 GB. The interesting thing is that SEA (the TD scorer) kicks to GB. So, GB goes up AND gets the ball back. That play was riskier than most would realize.

It was better than most people realize, too.

I don't think that's the rule in the NFL, actually. It's a dead ball.

What a collapse by Green Bay - awful. How is it possible to get 5 takeaways and be leading by 12 with the ball with 5 minutes to go and still lose? The two point conversion might have been the worst give away. That pass was in the air for 10 minutes and they could not defend it?

What was truly awful was how Dix flunked the IQ test on the end zone pass he didn't attempt to defense. The receiver is already in the end zone but Dix played like he didn't want to get beat and stayed behind the receiver. Knock the pass down genius.

What was truly awful was how Dix flunked the IQ test on the end zone pass he didn't attempt to defense. The receiver is already in the end zone but Dix played like he didn't want to get beat and stayed behind the receiver. Knock the pass down genius.

He didn't use his Dix head there...

Turns out that knucklehead Bostick was not supposed to touch the ball on the kick.....he was supposed to block and let Jordy Nelson make the play on the ball. I wondered why some clearly no-hands guy was on the hands group. Just an incredible brain-fart on special teams of hr-throwback proportions.

Oh how I wanted Green Bay to win this. I take so much **** from people in Seattle for my misguided 'loyalty' to the Bills. This city is so full of bandwagon fans and this team is very unlikable.

I may just skip the Super Bowl if NE* wins the AFC.

No one else escapes and makes that throw on the 2pt regardless of the poor defensive play. That was as big a play as any play in the game. Otherwise the Pack win.

The escape was great. The throw and result were ridiculously lucky. But you need luck also, and it's remarkable how luck seems to follow good players.

The escape was great. The throw and result were ridiculously lucky. But you need luck also, and it's remarkable how luck seems to follow good players.

Yes and no, for decades I have always thought at the end of halves and games and other times that QBs should do the equivalent of mini-Hail Marys. Lob it high, to the endzone, and hope you get a good bounce or great catch or whatever. And they rarely do. He knew he had to get 2 points, he knew a teammate was there, he probably had no idea where Uh Oh Dix was but it didn't matter, he lobbed the ball up in a place and way that it could be points. Hell yeah it was very lucky. But hardly anyone ever tries that let alone escapes like that and then tries it, and it was perfect, too, right in Wilson's hands, regardless again of the defender.

Yes and no, for decades I have always thought at the end of halves and games and other times that QBs should do the equivalent of mini-Hail Marys. Lob it high, to the endzone, and hope you get a good bounce or great catch or whatever. And they rarely do. He knew he had to get 2 points, he knew a teammate was there, he probably had no idea where Uh Oh Dix was but it didn't matter, he lobbed the ball up in a place and way that it could be points. Hell yeah it was very lucky. But hardly anyone ever tries that let alone escapes like that and then tries it, and it was perfect, too, right in Wilson's hands, regardless again of the defender.

I'll grant you that at least he threw up a ball that gave somebody a chance.