NFC Title Game: Pack vs Hawks

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/afc-nfc-championship-patriots-colts-seahawks-packers/

Barnwell nails it as per usual. Putting everything on Bostic and/or Burnett is incredibly weak and McCarthy is a clown.

It's always someone else's fault when you make the wrong/vaginal move with the 18yd FG.

It's never anyone else's fault but yours when one of your players doesn't execute on 4th&1.

Gutless coaching FTL.

Edited by BuffOrange

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Peppers is an idiot and he deserves to miss out on maybe his last chance to go to a SB. Do you ever remember a play like that with 5 minutes to go in a 12 point game?

I couldn't point one out but guys fall down or run out of bounds when guys aren't really near them after turnovers, especially in the rain all the time. I'm not sticking up for it. I'm just saying there was a very good reason for it and it's not a no brainer. Look at the Cowboy lineman in the playoff game that picked up the fumble and tried to run but was hit and fumbled it back which was a first down. Granted, people were around him but it's the same thing, he doesn't want to fumble and the ball is wet.

All circular arguments. Players learn to execute as if it is second nature because of the way they are coached.

There were a handful of plays that "caused GB to fail to win it" -- such as their failure to convert drives into TDs in the first half.

It's always easy to pick one play or bad call -- I suppose it's human nature -- but Bostick shouldn't be castigated for this. At the end of the day he was trying to help his team win.

Yes, he was trying. So what?

But for his bungling of that play, the Packers win the game. Period.

That's just the way it is.

Usually, yes. But on a very wet day if you are not used to carrying it, which he isn't, it's a smart move. Plus, Julius Peppers was motioning for him to go down. He saw him and did.

Not to mention the rookie who, a week or two ago, had a pick to close the game, tried to run it back, got it stripped out of his hands and gave it back to the other team. (I genuinely can't remember who it was or even what team it was.) In the end, he made the play to end the game, but I'm with you...at that time, in that weather, and with that situation...if Peppers says go down, go down. It was the right call.

Yes, he was trying. So what?

But for his bungling of that play, the Packers win the game. Period.

That's just the way it is.

I'm not going to keep trying to explain this to you, except to say there were at least 10-12 plays to be made by different individuals that would have yielded the same result -- a GB win. If you don't understand, you don't understand.

I'm not going to keep trying to explain this to you, except to say there were at least 10-12 plays to be made by different individuals that would have yielded the same result -- a GB win. If you don't understand, you don't understand.

There were plenty of ways it could've ended different but his is one of the biggest, bright line, shouldn't have happened mistakes. He didn't lose the game by himself but he sure blew the easiest chance down the stretch to seal a win

There were plenty of ways it could've ended different but his is one of the biggest, bright line, shouldn't have happened mistakes. He didn't lose the game by himself but he sure blew the easiest chance down the stretch to seal a win

Not the point. Did you read the Barnwell article? It's not even as clear-cut as everyone would like to make it.

I couldn't point one out but guys fall down or run out of bounds when guys aren't really near them after turnovers, especially in the rain all the time. I'm not sticking up for it. I'm just saying there was a very good reason for it and it's not a no brainer. Look at the Cowboy lineman in the playoff game that picked up the fumble and tried to run but was hit and fumbled it back which was a first down. Granted, people were around him but it's the same thing, he doesn't want to fumble and the ball is wet.

By a play like the one we are discussing where you "play not to lose", YOU LOSE. ;)

Edited by LabattBlue