FA shopping list, Who would you choose

JeebusCrust

2015 NFL unrestricted free agents by team - NFL.com

Decent list of the available options, some interesting names on there as well

Rex's tandem from 2010 of Revis/Cromartie are both available

A few decent options at guard

With some possible restructuring and signing our FA we would want to keep, Who would you choose?

Currently I believe we have about $25mil worth of cap space

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After resigning Hughes, I want OG, and I doubt ever really available, but Julius Thomas. Foles probably will not be available, so maybe Matt Moore. We need a QB.

I want to retain Hughes too but if he was deemed to expensive I'd take a hard look at Pernell McPhee from Baltimore if their contracts were similar I'd take Hughes but if Hughes was 12mil a year and McPhee was 8mil then I'd go with McPhee

1.a. Bryan Bulaga RT

1.b. Orlando Franklin G

1.c. Mike Iupati G

1.d. Rodney Hudson C

5. Demarco Murray RB

6. Hughes or Justin Houston OLB

7. Derek Newton OT

Rebuilt offensive line and an RB to run behind it. EJ can manage the games (< 25 passes per game).

Edit: let's add in some CBs Kareem Jackson and Chris Culliver. Break the bank and let's see if we can buy a SuperBowl.

Edited by voodoo poonani

Orlando Franklin or Mike Iupati both high rated LG's are at the top of the list.

This has to be the priority. That line needs some guard help in a big way. Maybe Cyrus and Cyril step up, but maybe is not the word that a team with championship aspirations should use. And if this team doesn't have championship aspirations, then why show up on Sundays? Wood, Glenn and Henderson have shown the abilty to be starters on a good line. Urbik and Pears? Depth, at best.

Bills FA to sign:

Hughes, DE $10MM-$12MM a year

Searcy, S $1.5MM-$2.5MM a year

Wynn, DE

Easley, WR

Other FA to sign:

Clint Boling, G $5MM-$7MM a year

Julius Thomas, TE $6MM-$7MM a year

I think the number is going to be a little higher than $25MM because I believe that doesn't include the $19MM in rollover and the money they'll save from Mike Williams. If they get those done, it would be a steal. And there is plenty of room in the upcoming years to sign our own as the salary cap rises.

EDIT: Oh and pick one of the FA QB's off of the trash heap.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I think Hughes is a goner. It sounds like he wants top market money and while I really like him and how he plays hard, I believe he would have 5 to 6 sacks on any other team. So I don't see Bills paying him top dollar. He will be a consider a free agent bust like Byrd.

Here is what my list is:

1. Orlando Franklin. He would really fix one of the 2 bad spots on the line (G). I think we can find another guard in the draft or the current roster.

2. Make a play for Jordan Cameron. I dont see us getting Julius.

3. Sanchez at qb. Iknow he has had some ugly moments but he is a a hell of a lot better than Manual at this point. I think he has also shown progress in the last year.

4. Someone less know to replace Hughes.

5. A pounder of a running back

Now a dream

would be to ad Beluga to that list

without really knowing the costs and stuff:

re-sign Hughes, Spikes, Searcey and Easley

1 - OG Clint Boling

2 - RB Mark Ingram - this is of course if CJ doesn't re-sign...or even if they don't want to keep him

3 - QB - not sure wich one

4 - DT Terrance Knighton

Edited by Tsaikotic

I think that Jerry Hughes is the top priority FA signing. Why? Because I think that he is THE GUY that other teams fear when playing the Bills.

He's our Suggs, Harrison ect. If Hughes goes then the intimidation factor of their defense drops down a couple of notches.

Pay the man, he's earned it.

I have to imagine that C. Williams will get another shot to play with us this year. We will draft one too. I think we sign only one. Iupati is too expensive. Franklin or Boling may be better options.

Too expensive? I don't believe under new ownership anything is out of the question like it was in years past. If Rex and Roman want him, he will be paid to show up.

I want them to re-sign Hughes, Searcy, Easley and get a QB and an OG or two. I might be in the minority, but I would love to see Spiller brough back as well. But if not, DeMarco Murray would be fine by me.

Edited by purple haze

1. Easley $2mm/yr 3 years

2. Hughes at the right price. >$12mm/yr for 6 years.

3. Searcy at the right price. >$2.5mm/yr for 4 yr

4. Wynn $1mm/3 years with $500k bonus and $500k incentives

4. Spikes at the right price. >$2.74mm/yr for 3 years w/4th year option

5. Spiller at the right price. >$2.5mm/yr with huge incentives for 3 years, 4th year option activated if escalators hit

If no Spiller then Ingram. Ingram @ $2.55mm/yr for 2 years, 3rd year club option for $3.5mm.

OL, any OL we can get for less then $5mm/yr that's under 27 years old.

Also, send McKelvin, a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 2016 for Roethlisberger.

After resigning Hughes, I want OG, and I doubt ever really available, but Julius Thomas. Foles probably will not be available, so maybe Matt Moore. We need a QB.

Fun fact. 8 year vet Matt Moore's career qb rating is 79.2. EJ's is 78.5.

I'm fine with Moore as backup but his upside is very limited.

Fun fact. 8 year vet Matt Moore's career qb rating is 79.2. EJ's is 78.5.

I'm fine with Moore as backup but his upside is very limited.

Matt Moore stikes me as a guy who's perfectly comfortable living in Miami as the Dolphins backup QB and is fine doing this for another 5 or so years. If he wanted to pursue a starting job he would have done so after they drafted Tannehill to replace him. He didn't do that then so he's not a guy to pursue as competition to Manuel IMO.

I think they will either trade for Glennon or sign Hoyer and that will be the competition for Manuel.

2015 NFL unrestricted free agents by team - NFL.com

Decent list of the available options, some interesting names on there as well

Rex's tandem from 2010 of Revis/Cromartie are both available

A few decent options at guard

With some possible restructuring and signing our FA we would want to keep, Who would you choose?

Currently I believe we have about $25mil worth of cap space

1. Re-sign Jerry Hughes, He might not be the perfect fit in Ryan's system but from the early remarks it sounds like Rex is going to try and build a system around his players.

2. Sign RG Willie Colon, Pears is set to be an UFA and we had no real answer at RG last year. Just a veteran space holder that likes Rex and gives us time to develop Trent Richardson

3. If we're going to go for the run first philosophy with Roman than sign TE Jermaine Gresham, http://nflspinzone.com/2014/12/05/jermaine-gresham-quietly-job/ as he's a significant upgrade to Lee Smith

4. Re-sign Da'Norris Searcy or sign Dawan Landry whichever one is cheaper. As we need a SS in the mix. I like Searcy's youth but Landry knowledge of Rex is a benefit and gives us a mentor for Duke Williams

5. Sign QB Blaine Gabbert, it was him or Colt McCoy as both played under Roman in San Francisco and Gabbert gives us more upside. Low risk high reward if he ever puts it together aka another EJ

6. Re-sign Marcus Easley or sign Kassim Osgood. Both are solid gunners on ST.

I am assuming Spiller will walk away and in doing this it gives us the most options with our top pick we can take a quality OG prospect if one falls or maybe even a RB as needed. If Hughes is lost then we have more money to play with and then I take a long look at Iupati but as of now think he's going to be out of our price range if we bring back Hughes.

Edited by The Jokeman