CJ has Jets "on his list" with Gailey there

YoloinOhio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Spiller wanted to go to NY to work with Chan, it would be hard to blame him.

Chan used CJ intelligently and got 6.0 yards per carry and 1244 yard from CJ in 2012 behind a questionable offensive line. It was a whole season of high productivity - not just "moments."

But I hope CJ stays and finds out what Roman can do for his career.

don't they already have another CJ on their roster (Chris Johnson)? sounds pretty redundant to add Spiller

a will be 30 year old back that just got arrested might not preclude them from adding talent to the backfield

also the idea that the backs (or wr, or whoever) cant stack on the same skill set is silly. instead of having a change of pace, they would have two guys that can keep the pedal to the floor which is hard to chase for 60 minutes.

Edited by NoSaint

Chan used CJ intelligently and got 6.0 yards per carry and 1244 yard from CJ in 2012 behind a questionable offensive line. It was a whole season of high productivity - not just "moments."

I wouldn't have any problem. When cj is out there you can blitz because he has no clue how to block and string him to the sideline for -2.

Chris Johson scares me a lot more than cj.

If this would happen it would suck because CJ is a weapon weather or not some of the Bills fans here think so .

I hope he stays to see just what Roman has in mind for him , that could be pretty exciting !

But if he does leave we have 3 other competent backs i would just hate to see CJ go to some one in our division , but the Jets would love it after the recent hire of Rex here ...

If this would happen it would suck because CJ is a weapon weather or not some of the Bills fans here think so .

I hope he stays to see just what Roman has in mind for him , that could be pretty exciting !

But if he does leave we have 3 other competent backs i would just hate to see CJ go to some one in our division , but the Jets would love it after the recent hire of Rex here ...

having chased the idea of lattimore, and lamichael james, i wouldnt be shocked if roman wants CJ

“He (Gailey) puts guys in different places to make plays,” Jackson said. “He was creative. That was one of the reasons C.J. and I thrived in that system. He knew how to create ways for us to get in space.

Apparently, Freddy didn't get the word that this is a myth and taboo around here :lol:

It was not a questionable offensive line at all. It was a top 5 offensive line in football. They led the league in ypc and gave up the least sacks. And yet people continue to insist that it was a function of Fitzpatrick and his magically quick release. I'm sorry but no one averages 6.0 ypc behind a suspect ol, let alone CJ Spiller.

Apparently, Freddy didn't get the word that this is a myth and taboo around here :lol:

all those other offenses function by clumping up guys in piles right? its weird how that phrase became a joke around here. creating space is what the entire nfl predicates offense, and we were bad at it.

Worrying about ANY veteran RB is nonsense.

They are a dime a dozen in the draft, and the veterans wear down quickly.

The best last year went in the second round - if the Bills need one, they can draft 1-2 studs easily.

Get the Offensive Line fixed - the RB performance will follow.

Edited by BobChalmers

I have heard a few people say this-- ie, we need a power back. I am not sure that is the case. We need a RB who can run between the tackles-- which CJ (and Bryce) can do. I don't think ground/pound and speedy RB are mutually exclusive.

This.

Though Frank Gore is THE prototype all-around RB. Blocks, catches, runs to daylight. He da man!

I want CJ back.

It would make sense for him or his agent to use this as leverage. Nevertheless, I am sure that CJ's preferred destination is the Buffalo Bills.

If CJ does go somewhere else, I hope it is in the NFC (or at least not the AFC East).

No one wants to play for Chan Failey. People forget CJ got "winded" in Chan's failure.

Do people forget the frustration on CJ's usage with Chan? I feel like this one was one of the "good riddance" aspects around these parts after Chan was canned. How Chan would make the "winded" comments and CJ would bristle afterwards in the locker-room? Yes, CJ has proven he's not a player you can run up the gut 25-30 times a game, but the average 12 carries a game under Chan in 2012 was absolutely maddening for CJ and fans.

CJ genuinely seems like a nice guy that wouldn't badmouth anyone (including Marrone). I think he's doing the Christian thing here - while also attempting to generate some buzz for his services.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Shirley, you can't be sirius.

Have you never seen Frank Gore or Carlos Hyde?

The Bills RBs are ecstatic about having Roman here. It's going to be the Roman Chariots in the backfield.

I am absolutely serious. CJ does not punish people at the second level. He does not look for contact near the line of scrimmage and as far as I can tell Brown is the same way with less talent. And I would be interested to find out exactly how Dixon feels since he came from SF and from what I recall, never really developed a large role under Roman. But I think Freddie's happy, he's more of the type of guy they need. So you've got that going for you, and that's nice.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh