CJ has Jets "on his list" with Gailey there

YoloinOhio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding these tidbits to this thread too, about comparing Gailey's offenses to Marrone's.

Very hard not to read in between the lines what Spiller just said. And just in case people want to attribute it to free agent talking up his contract value, how about quotes from the offensive captain & elder statesman?

“He (Gailey) puts guys in different places to make plays,” Jackson said. “He was creative. That was one of the reasons C.J. and I thrived in that system. He knew how to create ways for us to get in space.

"It took a while for him to figure guys out," Jackson said. "Once he did, he was the guy that you could go to. His door was open. He was a guy that guys loved to play for. He'll be a good fit in New York."

The more I read, the more infuriating the 2014 season looks in retrospect.

Adding these tidbits to this thread too, about comparing Gailey's offenses to Marrone's.

Very hard not to read in between the lines what Spiller just said. And just in case people want to attribute it to free agent talking up his contract value, how about quotes from the offensive captain & elder statesman?

The more I read, the more infuriating the 2014 season looks in retrospect.

This. Marrone tried to create a "bully" offensive line and failed miserably. An offshoot of that failure was trying to make CJ a power back. When you fail on the first issue (the line), CJ's performance follows suit. It's an indictment of Marrone really...the "offensive line guru" got schooled.

Well it WAS sounding positive that he'd return based on things he and Whaley said. But if he's posturing for a big money deal - see ya C.J.

I think he cares more about playing well than a big money deal at this point. Paramount to that is a coach who can bring out the best in his talents. I don't think the double R's have shown that they can do that with a player like CJ. Chan, on the other hand has.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

Chan is a great OC. Theyre lucky to have him. Wish we did.

he also knows how to manage time outs, game calling and challenges.

Maybe we sign and trade CJ for Chris Ivory straight up. If Roman wants power runners he's a good fit.

Mark Ingram might also fit well, and he's a free agent, old frank gore is a free agent as well - I would assume we won't go into the season with the three backs we currently have (or who knows maybe we will....fred can run in any system, boobie has experience, and well...brown is a wild card)

Marrone a so call oline guru really destory this oline. He didn't have any idea how to use our players. I still think that the bills should bring back Mike Williams because jackass Marrone didn't like him since college days. I really hope that CJ give the bills another chance for the right price. But if he wants to see a big contract then let him walk

This. Marrone tried to create a "bully" offensive line and failed miserably. An offshoot of that failure was trying to make CJ a power back. When you fail on the first issue (the line), CJ's performance follows suit. It's an indictment of Marrone really...the "offensive line guru" got schooled.

What's crazy to me is that he created this bully o-line, and then had them do zone blocking and run screens too. I honestly think he had no idea what he was doing.

I think he cares more about playing well than a big money deal at this point. Paramount to that is a coach who can bring out the best in his talents. I don't think the double R's have shown that they can do that with a player like CJ. Chan, on the other hand has.

Shirley, you can't be sirius.

Have you never seen Frank Gore or Carlos Hyde?

The Bills RBs are ecstatic about having Roman here. It's going to be the Roman Chariots in the backfield.

Didnt johnson just get arrested? That clown will be cut asap

He did get arrested but IIRC it wasn't really a "cut ASAP" offense. I don't know his contract but he's probably cheaper to hang onto than Spiller. Not sure what the new GM will do though as they have mega cap room.

I would be secretly jealous of a Chan Gailey/CJ Spiller offense. Our offense looked pretty decent a few years ago. If we had that offense plus the talent and the defense we have today, we would be looking pretty good. Our "ground and pound" will only work with the right back (Frank Gore type). I don't think that RB is on our roster currently. Would love to be able to pick up Gurley from Georgia but I doubt that will happen as he is probably a late 1st round pick. While CJ doesn't fit this offense, I'm jealous of the offense that he does fit in

I would be secretly jealous of a Chan Gailey/CJ Spiller offense. Our offense looked pretty decent a few years ago. If we had that offense plus the talent and the defense we have today, we would be looking pretty good. Our "ground and pound" will only work with the right back (Frank Gore type). I don't think that RB is on our roster currently. Would love to be able to pick up Gurley from Georgia but I doubt that will happen as he is probably a late 1st round pick. While CJ doesn't fit this offense, I'm jealous of the offense that he does fit in

I have heard a few people say this-- ie, we need a power back. I am not sure that is the case. We need a RB who can run between the tackles-- which CJ (and Bryce) can do. I don't think ground/pound and speedy RB are mutually exclusive.