Guess which team is listed #1 to land Peyton Manning ?

HOUSE

1. The Buffalo Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/could-peyton-play-elsewhere-in-2015/

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning is done. He is hanging them up and I really hope he does. He deserves better than coming to a place like Buffalo and getting booed by elements of our fan base for being a shell of his former self.

Reports say a torn quad. I promise not to boo. :rolleyes:

Edited by HOUSE

1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/could-peyton-play-elsewhere-in-2015/

that was my first guess, now it will happen, yeah championship!! (for Real)

once he gets healed up and rests the first month we are all set.

Peyton Manning is done. He is hanging them up and I really hope he does. He deserves better than coming to a place like Buffalo and getting booed by elements of our fan base for being a shell of his former self.

Especially when he can stay right there in Denver and get booed during a playoff game.

Reports say a torn quad.

Yea I know and maybe the injury was worse than they let on - but is it just that? I really don't think so though. I believe that sometimes body language and the tone of someone's voice when they are speaking tells you a lot. Peyton was telling me on Sunday that this is the end of the road.

+1

I get sick of hearing "bad weather" being such a big factor for players or FA considering playing for Buffalo. It's an exaggeration of the frozen tundra perception of Buffalo. The majority of blizzard-like conditions occur after Jan 1.

Typically there are only about 4 games per year played in WNY after October, and usually there are not more than 1 out of 4 (if that) that could be considered "bad weather". There may be some cold games, but it's hardly any different than it often is in Denver, Foxboro, NY, Cleveland, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc. Even players with the Bucs or Dolphins have to experience "bad weather" games, since there's a fair chance they'll play a late season game in one of those locations at some point.

Seriously, how many "bad weather" games have the Bills had at home over the past 10 years? I'd be surprised if there were more than a few. For you season ticket holders, what games in recent memory would you categorize has having harsh conditions for a Bills home game?

If fear of bad weather is really that much of an issue for any player, I wouldn't want him anyway.