Guess which team is listed #1 to land Peyton Manning ?

HOUSE

Someone listed this dribble in another thread somewhere. besides who needs a QB who exits the playoffs every year in his teams first game? EJ has a higher ceiling and that hurt just writing it.

peyton doesn't need the money that bad, but maybe franchising Bocce's club would interest him?

Bocce ??? :blush:

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get sick of hearing "bad weather" being such a big factor for players or FA considering playing for Buffalo. It's an exaggeration of the frozen tundra perception of Buffalo. The majority of blizzard-like conditions occur after Jan 1.

Typically there are only about 4 games per year played in WNY after October, and usually there are not more than 1 out of 4 (if that) that could be considered "bad weather". There may be some cold games, but it's hardly any different than it often is in Denver, Foxboro, NY, Cleveland, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc. Even players with the Bucs or Dolphins have to experience "bad weather" games, since there's a fair chance they'll play a late season game in one of those locations at some point.

Seriously, how many "bad weather" games have the Bills had at home over the past 10 years? I'd be surprised if there were more than a few. For you season ticket holders, what games in recent memory would you categorize has having harsh conditions for a Bills home game?

If fear of bad weather is really that much of an issue for any player, I wouldn't want him anyway.

Manning has a long history of playing poorly in the cold, and he knows this. If he plays another year for a team outside of Denver, it'll be a dome or warm-weather team.

In all fairness, it must be great to be able to just write stupid schitt for the sake of writing something, and getting paid to write it regardless of how stupid it is.

#2 is the Jets because Peytonh could get quality time with Eli?

Seriously?

That kind of stuff almost makes me want to take Tim Graham seriously.

Almost.

Someone listed this dribble in another thread somewhere. besides who needs a QB who exits the playoffs every year in his teams first game? EJ has a higher ceiling and that hurt just writing it.

peyton doesn't need the money that bad, but maybe franchising Bocce's club would interest him?

EJ's ceiling is Manning's floor.

Manning has a long history of playing poorly in the cold, and he knows this. If he plays another year for a team outside of Denver, it'll be a dome or warm-weather team.

I wasn't necessarily commenting on Manning's chances of going to Buffalo so much as I was reacting to the predictable bit about the bad weather location being a factor in any decision. We know it gets cold in Buffalo, and sometimes there is snow. But the chances of actually playing in bad conditions during those 4 games (total of 12 hours) between November and December are minimal, or at the very least, hardly more than the odds when playing in several other NFL cities. My comment was merely about writer's almost obligatory, but unresearched comments about playing ball in Buffalo.

Sometimes I'm just Amazed at comments, made on forums

Yeah Having EJ learn from one of the best QB to EVER play the game would be a HORRIBLE idea for a year.

REALLY? I don't think there is anyone alive or dead that would make everyone happy.

For the record I think he probably retires, but if he want to play anyone would be stupid to say no.

Edited by gordong

my boss and i were discussing Peyton to the Bills today, he is a fan, me, not so much. He feels Peyton would be a great mentor for a young QB, my thoughts are that Peyton is a HORRIBLE mentor, he is way to competitive to want to groom someone to take his job. I think Peyton rides off into the sunset

Sometimes I'm just Amazed at comments, made on forums

Yeah Having EJ learn from one of the best QB to EVER play the game would be a HORRIBLE idea for a year.

REALLY? I don't think there is anyone alive or dead that would make everyone happy.

EJ can do it now. Watch his game tape.

Where does the concept that Payton or anyone would "teach" a guy riding the pine anything unless he is a player /coach? 19 million for a tutor is a tad pricey, beaides he would never come to Buffalo.

Montana and Young were never on friendly terms much less Joe teaching Young anything.

my boss and i were discussing Peyton to the Bills today, he is a fan, me, not so much. He feels Peyton would be a great mentor for a young QB, my thoughts are that Peyton is a HORRIBLE mentor, he is way to competitive to want to groom someone to take his job. I think Peyton rides off into the sunset

An older guy in his last year! Why wouldn't he want to pass on his knowledge to a rookie ? That's what old guys do, when you get older you want to pass on knowledge to help family, people etc.

i view Peyton as someone cut from an entirely different cloth, uber-competitive, i just don't see it, we looked at his career back up QB's, you'd think one would have had some sort of career, but none have

An older guy in his last year! Why wouldn't he want to pass on his knowledge to a rookie ? That's what old guys do, when you get older you want to pass on knowledge to help family, people etc.