Guess which team is listed #1 to land Peyton Manning ?

HOUSE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cart before the horse. We don't have an o-line.

thats the end of the story too.

ooh i am Peyton Manning. i dont need no protections,.

Manning aint stupid enough to no mater how much money we could lay at his feet. Who even considers this stuff?

Manning, EJ and Tuel.

There would definitely be SOMEONE calling for Tuel to start by week 3, regardless of our record. :D

I wouldn't even know what to do if we got Manning - my day is already filled up with enough "Wow, so, Rex huh?" conversations. It'd be endless if Payton signed up for the program!

First off, to the OP, I don't see that list being in best to least likely order. I do however see Manning in a downward spiral physically. I don't see him coming here as a QB, but what would be the possibility he would make the transition into coaching. The Neck injury a few years ago, quad injury now... He know's his body is starting to fail him and he can't produce at his former level and he doesn't want to just quit football. He's been around long enough, already calls plays, start off as a QB coach... I wouldn't mind someone like him coming in and coaching EJ

39 years old, major neck surgery a couple years ago, limping around, dancing slowly just out of reach of Father Time...sure, go to the place that had 7 feet of snow in 45 minutes not long ago. I can see it happening.

What does getting 7 ft of snow in 45 mins have to do with anything? its not like they had to play in it so that storm is basically irrelevant as well as any storm like it as the game simply wouldn't be played

Peyton hasn't displayed any side effects to the neck surgeries he had 3-4 years ago and the injuries he suffered this year are not serious so I don't see what they have to do with anything either.

It will come down to if he wants to continue playing and if he does for how much longer which at most will be 2 years. Would you really not take 2 years of Peyton Manning with this defense? He would make the Bills not only a playoff contender but a serious super bowl contender

Edited by Max997

If it gets us to the next level, we can develop EJ or another I am all for it.

I am thinking we get Manning. This is what everyone has hinted to.

But he's 40 and has one leg.

Bills fans: I'll take him!!!!!

can he punt?

I'd like to see a shotgun package where Manning lines up next to the QB instead of a RB in the backfield. When EJ snaps it, Manning can make the reads for him while calling protections and simply pointing out who is open. I think it might work. :beer:

that'd be hilarious.

I get sick of hearing "bad weather" being such a big factor for players or FA considering playing for Buffalo. It's an exaggeration of the frozen tundra perception of Buffalo. The majority of blizzard-like conditions occur after Jan 1.

Typically there are only about 4 games per year played in WNY after October, and usually there are not more than 1 out of 4 (if that) that could be considered "bad weather". There may be some cold games, but it's hardly any different than it often is in Denver, Foxboro, NY, Cleveland, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc. Even players with the Bucs or Dolphins have to experience "bad weather" games, since there's a fair chance they'll play a late season game in one of those locations at some point.

Seriously, how many "bad weather" games have the Bills had at home over the past 10 years? I'd be surprised if there were more than a few. For you season ticket holders, what games in recent memory would you categorize has having harsh conditions for a Bills home game?

If fear of bad weather is really that much of an issue for any player, I wouldn't want him anyway.

Everything this guy said

If he comes out and says he plays another year (which I personally doubt) then Denver keep him. In the unlikely event that he plays on and is cut I am simply not prepared to sink that kind of money into a guy I think might be done. It isn't like you can ring him and say "hey Peyton - do you want to come and work out for us?" so that you can make a proper judgment on the arm strength and the injuries. You are taking a leap of faith and as great as the guy has been, the second half of this season is enough to put me off putting that much money on the line when I just don't know. I'd rather spend that money on keeping my guys, getting a couple of FA guards, maybe a tight end and taking a punt on a Sanchez or a Bradford or whoever back there. I can't find Manning's numbers week 9-17 not sure if anyone has the time to dig them out... but my perception is they would put him bang smack middle of the pack.... the risk is that if it is more fundamental than just an injury and you find that out after spending $19million and letting Hughes, Searcy etc walk and not addressing the Guard permission then you have sunk your own season.