Spiller sounds like he is likely to come back

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am as high on the coach signings as anyone.....but please tell me how he would thrive under a OC who is known for a power running attack.

Yeah, the Niners had LaMichael James and hardly used him. They have another small back in Lindsey Hunter but he wasn't used as a scatback. It was up-the-middle or off-tackle like CJ has been used. Gore was the guy and now they also have Carlos Hyde.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

Spiller mention in this article about the backs being excited for Ryan:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/12/bills-running-backs-ecstatic-rex-ryan-hire/

"I'm still letting it play out," Spiller said. "It's an exciting time for the Bills Mafia to get a guy like Rex, a guy who will bring a lot of intensity and a lot of fun to work.

"But I'm just taking it one step at a time and will let the due process play out."

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but I read somewhere that CJ's stats in 3 & 4 wide sets have been consistently strong, even under Marrone. I'm not certain of this, but if true it would seem to indicate that he is a dangerous weapon and Marrone really was misusing him.

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but I read somewhere that CJ's stats in 3 & 4 wide sets have been consistently strong, even under Marrone. I'm not certain of this, but if true it would seem to indicate that he is a dangerous weapon and Marrone really was misusing him.

How dare you, sir. Where do you get off questioning a saint?!

I think there are a couple things people agree on:

1) spiller can be a weapon

2) Marrone misused him

I don't see him being are weapon in 2015 for much of the same reason as this year. He doesn't fit the mold

Many of us were yelling to do that the entire season.

He will get a mid-sized contract, wherever he goes. The numbers don't lie - Spiller has had good years and lean years, and he will probably get a small premium for his natural ability and first-rounderness.

You sir have have captured phrase we should i keep in mind. I must say you have a talent,

First- rounderness.

This is my new favorite term.

Thank you.