Spiller sounds like he is likely to come back

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457269/article/cj-spiller-excited-about-rex-ryan-leading-bills

Speaking on NFL Network's The Aftermath on Monday, running back C.J. Spiller gushed about Ryan's style.

"It strikes me well," Spiller said. "That's what I love to do is run the football. And Rex, that is what he's known for, running the football, being physical, playing that hard-nosed football. I'm excited about it. This is a great opportunity for us to get this thing turned around. We ended this season on a 9-7 record, now it's just time to build on that and get into the playoffs."

That sounds like a guy that thinks or knows he is going to re-sign with the Bills. Who knows. Maybe he has spoken to Rex and Roman and Whaley, maybe not.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget-- does he have a player option he can exercise? If so, would be a no-brainer-- gives him a chance to make a huge splash and then try FA.

He will thrive under Roman.

No, sportrac disproved that theory and stated that he reached certain parameters that negated the player option quite some time ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457269/article/cj-spiller-excited-about-rex-ryan-leading-bills

That sounds like a guy that thinks or knows he is going to re-sign with the Bills. Who knows. Maybe he has spoken to Rex and Roman and Whaley, maybe not.

I had the same impression. He uses "we" and the future tense a lot in the interview.

As I have mentioned in other posts, his teammates love him, he loves Buffalo and the Bills, and he has a special talent if used properly.

He is always a very positive person. I wouldn't say it means anything other than he likes Rex.

True he is a positive person, but he is not dumb (outside of sometimes while carrying a football). I think he wouldn't have used those terms. He wouldn't have said "We." Or he would have prefaced it first, saying, "I hope I'm back..."

No, sportrac disproved that theory and stated that he reached certain parameters that negated the player option quite some time ago.

I believe Chris Brown referred to an option in his piece today. Who knows what the actual situation is.

I believe Chris Brown referred to an option in his piece today. Who knows what the actual situation is.

I didn't think that is what he was referring to, the option, but rather just that if Spiller doesn't re-sign by the time FA starts, he will become one. He doesn't mention any option, if this is the article you're referring to.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/01/12/spiller-ive-got-chemistry-with-rex/

I forgot about the Clemson connection. I remember Watson knowing him.

Spiller at a Reggie Bush type of contract would be great. The Bills need his playmaking ability. If your offense isn't very good you need to hit some home runs. Spiller can do that.

I might even go 5 years Kirby since he's still relatively young-- and bump it to $20 million -- back end load the base salaries...

something like 5 years $21 million

$6.5 million up front

1st year base - $1 million

$1.5 million reporting bonus in year 2

2nd year base $1.5 million

3rd year base

$2.5 million

4th year base

$3.5 million

5th year base

$4.5 million