ESPN's Rich Cimini Blasts Bills/Ryan

Fadingpain

Excuse me? No one?

I think a lot of people here and elsewhere thought Rex Ryan was a good coach the day the season ended.

Others probably not as much, though a lot of the anti-Rex crowd bases their complaints on Rex's various meaningless personal traits and not his objective skills as a coach.

You know, they are like "he is a loud mouth" or "he is over-confident" or "his confidence and positivity threatens me so I hate him" and this sort of thing.

Don't get sucked into that crap. Who cares if he is a loud mouth or whatever else. I care about his coaching record.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people here and elsewhere thought Rex Ryan was a good coach the day the season ended.

Others probably not as much, though a lot of the anti-Rex crowd bases their complaints on Rex's various meaningless personal traits and not his objective skills as a coach.

You know, they are like "he is a loud mouth" or "he is over-confident" or "his confidence and positivity threatens me so I hate him" and this sort of thing.

Don't forget the foot-fetish.

If you didn't hear it live, go to WGR550.com and listen to the segment from Rich Cimini (ESPN NEW YORK) commenting on the Rex Ryan hire.

He was strong in his comments.

I am paraphrasing here, but among his comments:

Can't believe the Bills just paid $5.5 million per year for a career below .500 coach

Rex Ryan is who he is: a below .500 career coach

Rex Ryan has blind spot for offense

The Bills offense will remain mediocre with Ryan as head coach

Ryan went through three OCs at the Jets of all types, styles and schools...none worked

The Bills defense will be very good, but it already was very good; that doesn't explain the Ryan hiring

Remove Ryan's charm and ability to control the media and his "big name and personality" created from all the media attention he has received over the years, and you are left with a below .500 coach

Ryan never had a QB, when we get one Rex will suddenly be an offensive genius

Don't get sucked into that crap. Who cares if he is a loud mouth or whatever else. I care about his coaching record.

Let's take a walk down memory lane to October.

Sorry. Where did you post that?

I'm down on Marrone but I don't ever think his team has quit on him. They might be poorly coached at times but for the most part, they give good effort.

That said, Rex is a great defensive mind. He will be one of the biggest FAs this offseason. If he can even luck into a QB like Belichick, he might win a SB.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172004-can-we-start-the-rex-ryan-watch/page-3 Post 49. Seems like a bunch of posters wanted him then.

So was Marrone. But it's a trade up... From a .469 coach to a .479 coach.

By the way belli was .427 before Tommy walzed into his life.

Just one luck 6th rounder away from perennial dominance

Yes, a one in a lifetime 6th rounder! As much as I hate to admit it, Brady is the best QB I've seen in my 40+ years watching football.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172004-can-we-start-the-rex-ryan-watch/page-3 Post 49. Seems like a bunch of posters wanted him then.

Happy to see I was on the side that wanted him.

Reading that brought me back to the moment I was convinced we needed this guy.

The look on his face walking to the middle of the field to shake Belichick's hand was something else. He looked like he would rather be dead than congratulate BB in beating him.

I think with an excellent QB Rex would do some real good things.

I think you give him an average QB who doesn't turn the ball over (i.e. the "game manager") and he can consistently get this team into the playoffs with a real chance to advance. Crossing my fingers that EJ develops into that guy.

To be honest, this guy Cimini comes across like a Jets fan who has some type of personal vendetta with Ryan.

He was just incredibly biased and negative in his comments.

Even if he is a fan, why would he care since the Jets fired Ryan?

Yep and he made the playoffs with at best an average QB. I like the hire by the Bills.

He wasn't even average. That first year Sanchez completed 54% of his passes with 12 TDs and 20 INTs. His 2nd year was only marginally better.