ESPN's Rich Cimini Blasts Bills/Ryan

Fadingpain

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Hiring Rex Ryan will result in people watching the Bills and maybe saying intelligent things. Last year tons of pundits had us winning anywhere from 3-6 games, largely ignoring us. Now that we have a real bona fide head coach who makes headlines just by being himself, people will be watching. I live in St. Louis, and I've had more people ask me about the Bills today than in the past 10 years.

Just watched the piece on ESPN with Jaworski and his pals, laughing about our quarterback situation. We shall see. Good coaching will help.

I hear you but what will make us relevant or discussed is running a sound organization instead of a joke, and winning lots of football games.

We are already on the rise as a franchise and I think it will continue to get better and better.

My point is that we should not confuse Rex Ryan's name, notoriety, and media-created star power with a perception of him being a "top coach around the NFL".

His expertise defensively is pretty much beyond refute, but I am not sure everyone thinks he is a great head coach.

You don't have to take my word for it. Ask San Fran and Atlanta, both of whom Rex preferred over the Bills, and both of whom dragged their feet on making him a HC offer.

We need to continue to move forward as an organization and make smart/good moves at all levels in all ways, and continue to develop a "culture of winning" if you know what I mean. That is what will make us relevant on a national level.

So the only way to have a successful offense is to hire a HC who was an offensive coordinator? That didn't work too well with Marrone.

And by extension does that mean that whichever side of the ball your HC isn't an "expert" on will always suck? That's some bazaaro-world thinking.

Marrone was a bogus coordinator in NO.. Everyone knows this. False argument.,..

I hear you but what will make us relevant or discussed is running a sound organization instead of a joke, and winning lots of football games.

We are already on the rise as a franchise and I think it will continue to get better and better.

My point is that we should not confuse Rex Ryan's name, notoriety, and media-created star power with a perception of him being a "top coach around the NFL".

His expertise defensively is pretty much beyond refute, but I am not sure everyone thinks he is a great head coach.

You don't have to take my word for it. Ask San Fran and Atlanta, both of whom Rex preferred over the Bills, and both of whom dragged their feet on making him a HC offer.

We need to continue to move forward as an organization and make smart/good moves at all levels in all ways, and continue to develop a "culture of winning" if you know what I mean. That is what will make us relevant on a national level.

Rex is a smart good move.

Take Cimini out of the discussion and you will see others are questioning the mating of the Bills and Rex.

To me, the major difference between Ryan & Belichick is that Ryan has never had a decent QB on the roster. Belichick's questionable roster moves were always masked by Brady (unlike they couldn't be masked by Vinny in Cleveland). Ryan never had the ultimate get out of jail free card.

You can't wait to rip the Bills for something, can you?

If you go back and read my posts on this you wouldn't make that comment. I've already said I'm behind ol Rah Rah Rex, but I don't think he's a great fit for what we need.

Your post is lazy. Read more, post less.

To me, the major difference between Ryan & Belichick is that Ryan has never had a decent QB on the roster. Belichick's questionable roster moves were always masked by Brady (unlike they couldn't be masked by Vinny in Cleveland). Ryan never had the ultimate get out of jail free card.

True, but at some point, the HC has to do something with his GM about QB. (Sanchez, Tebow, Vick and Geno just don't get "dealt" to you).

If you go back and read my posts on this you wouldn't make that comment. I've already said I'm behind ol Rah Rah Rex, but I don't think he's a great fit for what we need.

Ok then, out of the 12 interviewees, who was the better candidate than Ryan?

how about this one then:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456538/article/will-qb-situation-be-rex-ryans-undoing-in-buffalo

"The move induced some immediate head scratches. It seemed the coach chose a team that distinctly mirrored the one he just got canned from, a "Jets West," if you will."

"Roman, it should be pointed out, was also the focal point for mob dissatisfaction in the Bay Area this season, when he eschewed the running game during the middle portion of the season."

or this one:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12150566/nfl-rex-ryan-took-wrong-job-head-coach-buffalo-bills

"You can already hear Ryan at the podium in midseason with the 3-5 Bills struggling on offense, with their highly rated defense being betrayed by an overmatched quarterback while Rex is swearing Manuel has the tools to be a winner in the not-too-distant future. The new owners of the Bills, Terry and Kim Pegula, will get tired of hearing that faster than Woody Johnson did."

I commented on this yesterday in another thread. The beauty of Terry Pegula is that if this whole thing does go pear shaped, he will dump Rex and move forward faster than you can say Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier, and Christian Ehrhoff.

He will buy out the contract, concede his mistake, and move forward.

In that sense, we don't have a ton to lose, other than maybe a few Bills seasons with our best D of all time.

So the Bills don't need a good head coach? I wanted a proven offensive mind and he is bringing that along as well.

IMO, Ryan was the best head coach on the market. Who knows about the college guys or coordinators?

Ok then, out of the 12 interviewees, who was the better candidate than Ryan?

My choice was Kubiak, who bowed out today rather than consider ATL and CHI (maybe SF didn't show interest?). They didn't wait to see if he was interested before they said yes to Rex. Did they even interview anyone else twice?

So the Bills don't need a good head coach? I wanted a proven offensive mind and he is bringing that along as well.

IMO, Ryan was the best head coach on the market. Who knows about the college guys or coordinators?

Yes, they do need a good HC.

No one on this board thought Rex was a good head coach the day the season ended.

My choice was Kubiak, who bowed out today rather than consider ATL and CHI (maybe SF didn't show interest?). They didn't wait to see if he was interested before they said yes to Rex. Did they even interview anyone else twice?

Yup, his .488 career record screams a better coach. How did Redskins do with better offensive talent?

No one on this board thought Rex was a good head coach the day the season ended.

Excuse me? No one?

Marrone was a bogus coordinator in NO.. Everyone knows this. False argument.,..

Nothing false about it. The point was you don't have to promote a well regarded coordinator to HC to fix that side of the ball. If that was the case then there wouldn't be any well regarded coordinators to hire as your next HC because they'd already be head coaches. Get a quality guy to coach the offense and it will be fine.

I have my concerns about Roman but he was successful in SF with a dominant running game. Let's hope that had something to do with his skills as an OC.

On a side note, I have a feeling that the rumors about Trestman as Ryan's OC had to do with him getting the Atlanta job and having Ryan as his QB. With the Bills D and their lack of a proven QB a lower risk offense is what is needed, enter Roman.

Absolutely false. I never liked his mouth but the guy has always been a very good coach. What he did in 2013 with the Jets was amazing. That team had no business being 8-8.

Well, that's lazy because myself and plenty of other posters stated we liked Ryan. I've always been a fan. So now you are just making things up to serve your hatred of all things Bills' related.

I definitely did. I always liked Rex and always thought he was pretty good. hell, I loved Buddy Ryan. ;)

Rob? I hate.

No: QB No playoffs... Bottom Line ---> no matter what great defensive mind we have as HC. I'd take Schwartz and our front 4 over Rex and bringing in his 3-4. But again no QB: No playoffs. And there's no 'developing' a corpse (EJM).

Well I guess I don't need to watch the season because movalleyrandy just gave it to us now.