Did Doug Marrone fall off the face of the earth?!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if Hackert will stay in Buffalo as maybe assistant OC or something like thta who reports to Roman or who ever the OC does end up being. If Fred Jacksons comments about him are accurate, the issue there may also have been Marrone. Hackert is still very young, he may be willing to take a step backwards under someones guidance and could turn up again as an OC candidate for some other team. Roman's name was mentioned as a potential HC this year, if the Bill's do improve on offense, he could be gone a couple years and Hackert resumes his old position. Certainly the path I'm descirbing isn't well traveled, not likely, but could see it playing out in some way similar.

Hackett will fall off next......

I am beginning to think that (based on LaConfora's reports etc.) that LaConfora is the media shill for Marrone.

This guy is a little worm who talks down about Buffalo and was always promoting the lower end of coaching candidates as good for a place like Buffalo.Was shocked that Ryan would even consider coming here. I have heard him speaking bad about Buffalo many times on a Toronto radio station the 590 the fan when franchise was for sale.

This guy is a little worm who talks down about Buffalo and was always promoting the lower end of coaching candidates as good for a place like Buffalo.Was shocked that Ryan would even consider coming here. I have heard him speaking bad about Buffalo many times on a Toronto radio station the 590 the fan when franchise was for sale.

A lot of people badmouth it before coming and then love it. Look at Brandon Spikes.

Lacanfora this morning - making it sound like the Bills were 0-16

@JasonLaCanfora: Have heard repeatedly Rex Ryan has been far and away most interested in Falcons job for many reasons. Many are surprised he will take Bills

@JasonLaCanfora: Arthur Blank very much interested in Ryan. Naturally process delayed when Blank had a death in his family. Surprised Rex's camp didn't wait

@JasonLaCanfora: Falcons job comes with a QB and an offense in a poor division with driven owner and it's close to Clemson, where Rex's son plays ...

@JasonLaCanfora: Count me among those very surprised by the timing of this. Bills job seen as the least attractive available by many. No QB. No 1st rd pick

@JasonLaCanfora: I understand on some level Rex being worried about not getting any coaching job, but more patience and I think he coulda had his top job

@JasonLaCanfora: Have heard repeatedly Rex Ryan has been far and away most interested in Falcons job for many reasons. Many are surprised he will take Bills

@JasonLaCanfora: Arthur Blank very much interested in Ryan. Naturally process delayed when Blank had a death in his family. Surprised Rex's camp didn't wait

@JasonLaCanfora: Falcons job comes with a QB and an offense in a poor division with driven owner and it's close to Clemson, where Rex's son plays ...

@JasonLaCanfora: Count me among those very surprised by the timing of this. Bills job seen as the least attractive available by many. No QB. No 1st rd pick

@JasonLaCanfora: I understand on some level Rex being worried about not getting any coaching job, but more patience and I think he coulda had his top job

The media was all stoked about covering Rex in another big town and with a QB. It would have been a huge storyline and lot's of easy work for them going into next season.

I do not care what the media "feels" and neither should any Bills fan. The Bills remaining irrelevant is in the best interest of the media. Less work. Less trips to smaller, cold weather cities.

But more importantly more stories in bigger markets equates to more attention for them and their twitter accounts which they can take to contract negotiations.

That's why what the national media would call a *bad* hire for the Jets or Chicago they might call a purdy-good one for the Bills.

I would not be surprised if Marrone takes the year off from being a head coach, collects his 4 mil and maybe just consults like we heard he may do with Texans.

My guess is if he doesn't get the Falcons or Bears jobs he waits and returns to college next year.

Edited by Max997

If Marrone misses a year in NFL coaching this year, he probably won't be back.

I am not sure he has enough good will associated with his name around the league to survive a year of being off the radar.

He needs to get back on a horse somewhere this year and coach.

The dominos will start falling now that Rex has committed. We'll know in a week (I think) Marrone's fate.

The interesting thing is that his camp obviously gambled on him being desirable around the league; it now looks like that gamble may well fail. He should be looking for new representation if nothing else.

If I was getting paid $4 million to do nothing next year, I wouldn't care if I ever had another job interview for the rest of my life.

If he invests wisely, he never has to work again.

Edited by skibum

LaCornflake's an idiot. My cats know more about football than he does.