The Return of David Lee?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he do it in NO previously? Sounds like a trustworthy guy the players can trust and buy into what he's selling.

I've heard that here but nowhere else. He was even the interim coach during bounty gate. If anyone sites a source Id be curious.

This has been in the works since rex was first brought in. Why the shock?

Hopefully, he will help EJ's mechanics and not cause himto overthink, which I think is what happened to fitz.

He wasn't part of the initial crew that Rex brought into town, so it looked like the only remnant Rex was bringing from the anemic Jets offense was Sparano Jr, the TE coach.

I didn't think much of Lee when he was here with Fitz and my opinion of him certainly didn't go up after seeing him work with Geno for the past 2 years.

I would argue that's impossible to know if any QB is any good from our fan's POV regardless of stats or eyeball tests or improvements or regressions. I'm sure that a lot of QBs got a lot better and it was 98% the player and OC and HC. I'm just as sure QB coaches did great jobs with QBs and the QBs forgot all about it during the games. You just can't qualify it. Fitz even said himself that Lee taught him all kinds of stuff and in practice he was way more accurate and when the bullets were really flying he was likely to go right back to the way he always threw. You can teach guys like Geno anything you want and Geno will be Geno. Lee has a good reputation. We have no idea if he will suck or be great or do all kinds of things but EJ will just be EJ.

Jeez, just looking at how Geno Smith, and Mike Vick performed this past season against Buffalo I'm not so sure this is a good hire. :sick: Two Games 5 INT's.

When you listened to Fitz after Gailey hired Lee, he stated that it was really the first time in his entire career that anyone had worked with him on his mechanics. Fitz did look like he regressed under Lee. But then it has to be exceedingly difficult to try and get a 10 year vet to change anything he should be doing without thinking about it. Look at Tim Tebow, and both Mike McCoy, Adam Gase couldn't help him with his mechanics.

In regards to EJ, I think EJ has some slight footwork, mechanic issues. I think his problems stem more from getting past the first, and second reads.Getting fast reads against disguised coverage's. A better OC, and line should help quite a bit too, as I don't see Greg Roman calling 40+ pass plays a game, and he should have a strong run game to support him.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Jeez, just looking at how Geno Smith, and Mike Vick performed this past season against Buffalo I'm not so sure this is a good hire. :sick: Two Games 5 INT's.

When you listened to Fitz after Gailey hired Lee, he stated that it was really the first time in his entire career that anyone had worked with him on his mechanics. Fitz did look like he regressed under Lee. But then it has to be exceedingly difficult to try and get a 10 year vet to change anything he should be doing without thinking about it. Look at Tim Tebow, and both Mike McCoy, Adam Gase couldn't help him with his mechanics.

In regards to EJ, I think EJ has some slight footwork, mechanic issues. I think his problems stem more from getting past the first, and second reads.Getting fast reads against disguised coverage's. A better OC, and line should help quite a bit too, as I don't see Greg Roman calling 40+ pass plays a game, and he should have a strong run game to support him.

That's why I like Rex being realistic about trying to match bradys game. You know if you have a QB on the roster that can do that....we dont, most teams don't ....nothing to be ashamed of. But be realistic that you're best bet to beat them is primarily with defense, supported by a ground and pound offense, chews up clock, and doesn't turn it over. Doesnt mean not taking some shots downfield, but just being smart about it and going on plan on throwing around 20x not 40x. Edited by JTSP

That's why I like Rex being realistic about trying to match bradys game. You know if you have a QB on the roster that can do that....we dont, most teams don't ....nothing to be ashamed of. But be realistic that you're best bet to beat them is primarily with defense, supported by a ground and pound offense, chews up clock, and doesn't turn it over. Doesnt mean not taking some shots downfield, but just being smart about it and going on plan on throwing around 20x not 40x.

Hey man, preaching to the choir here on this one. Since 2009 I've been advocating the Bills follow the lead of the 2009 Jets & Ravens in building a strong running attack that can play keep the ball away from Brady. That can control the line of scrimmage, and can control the clock. In that 2009 wildcard game Ravens QB Joe Flacco went 4 for 10 for 34 yards, and one INT :w00t: , and Baltimore crushed the Patriots 33-14 with the run game 52 rushes for 234 yards, and 4 TD's.

I really, really like the hire of Greg Roman as new Bills OC, and am slightly less then thrilled about the O line coach who was the the Bears OC in 2014. Although he has a solid past history as line coach. OTOH, I think David Lee as the new QB coach might have been a bad hire considering what the Jets QB's looked like last year. Then he didn't help Fitz at all from from I saw in his year with Gailey.

Wasn't Lee credited with helping to install the read option the year Miami started using it heavily? If so, it would seem to fit with what Roman may want to do with EJ. Perhaps Lee helps EJ become a better running QB.

He was credited with starting the wildcat. Hopefully we are not going to see that again.

I think the mechanics coaching made Fitz overthink and he regressed as a result. Who knows if that was lee's fault, or Fitz's? I have got to think it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

Doesn't this happen when any athlete starts thinking too much? Same issue with EJ.

He worked wonders with Geno, so why not...

He did? That's news to me.

Wasn't Lee credited with helping to install the read option the year Miami started using it heavily? If so, it would seem to fit with what Roman may want to do with EJ. Perhaps Lee helps EJ become a better running QB.

I think EJ had a lot of great opportunities to run but chose not to.

He did? That's news to me.

I think EJ had a lot of great opportunities to run but chose not to.

News to you? You guys are looking at pieces of **** thinking anyone can get them to play like a franchise QB. Name me one QB coach that would have gotten anything more out of Geno. Don't worry b.c I know no one can name one seriously.

QB coach is one of the most overrated positions in terms of impact. It still comes down to the talent at hand.

As far as Kromer goes I like the hire. He turned the tire fire that was the Chicago oline and made them respectable. Kromer has worked with some successful groups in the past and has developed pro bowl players. I think this group can be middle of the pack with one or two additions.