The Return of David Lee?

According to some reports, Rex wants to bring David Lee in as the QB coach.

We all may remember Lee, the guy who introduced the wildcat to the NFL, as the coach who Gailey hired to help Fitz with his mechanics.

Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2325799-rex-ryan-to-buffalo-bills-latest-contract-details-comments-and-reaction?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Hagar was not and never was Van Halen

I got to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth at the Aud in 84 or 85, lots of fun, glad I can say I saw them play

Edited by ddaryl

A lot of us attributed fitz's mechanics regressions to David lee. Not sure that is fair.

That was way overblown. Lee was trying to fix one thing: When Fitz would turn, plant, and throw to the left. They noticed something in the film that when he was turning to the left, and his left hip was closed or something, and then planting and throwing, his mechanics broke down and he wasnt getting as much oomph or accuracy into his throws down the left sideline. They werent trying to change his motion and overhaul his mechanics or anything. It was a little thing.

It probably hurt as much as it helped, but it wasnt an issue at all on his poor season.

Was it that he got worse or that he was simply exposed as a below average talent? Either way, Fitz got lucky with a coach who helped him momentarily shine, win a big contract and then crash. It's history.

Fitz had a better year in Houston.

I think the mechanics coaching made Fitz overthink and he regressed as a result. Who knows if that was lee's fault, or Fitz's? I have got to think it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

I agree JR, but I think Le is the old dog here...

I think the mechanics coaching made Fitz overthink and he regressed as a result. Who knows if that was lee's fault, or Fitz's? I have got to think it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

Yes, you could see the wheels grinding in Fitz's head that year.

I agree JR, but I think Le is the old dog here...

I think he was a worse QB too the Lee year but that was due to a lot of things. His stats were actually slightly better. Threw same TDs and 7 less INTS. Higher rating. Then he had the year in TN before Hou where he was slightly worse. The fact is, he's always been the same, highly erratic. He had the one 6 TD game which threw his stats out of whack for Hou. He was benched in the middle of the year.

This is what killed E.J. also. He`s not real snappy . Just let the kid throw the ball. Too much into mechanics. Big Ben ,Favre and Rodgers and a ton of other qbs just wing it most of the time. Footwork only works with a clean pocket and time.