Fred Jackson, Coaching Search, tidbits

PaattMaann

Bryce the so-called fumble machine ,would have a hell of a lot more yds with Freds carries and catches. Hold your breath ,because I`m not going to listen to your mumbo jumbo.

I have held my breath since the birth of my fan hood. It's a lot easier than you think. I am a fan of Brown's game myself, but I don't see a significant difference in their play, outside of pass protection of course. You can't replace Fred's carries and catches without inclusion of pass protection plays. Brown has a very small body of work as of yet when it comes to blitz pickup. A young stud like Brown should have been head and shoulders above Fred in theory, but I just don't see it yet. Maybe next year is Brown's year, it would be great for the team to start September off pounding the rock with success.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments:

Fred is a great team leader and person.

T. McGee was a great player for the Bills when healthy. This report should give some of the keyboard jockeys in the media and here pause before questioning a player's manhood etc.

If you spent $1.4 Billion on a company, people would report to you too. As for the comment re Kim, that is something that idiot Bucky would say.

He`s old and wore out. He was part of the losing culture there. See-Ya. Anywhere but Buffalo he would be gone. He`s just not that good. How many pro-bowls. How many times a top 5 back or even 10. Give it up. He plays for the Bills,so he the best attitude has to stop. What a joke.

Yet, once again, he led the Bills in rushing yards and total yards (i think). It actually kind of amazing that for all of Fred's slowness, lack of talent, and age... All he does is out produce every back on the team.

I would never count Fred Jackson out. And I hope he's on our team for as long as he wants to be.

I expect Fred to graciously retire when he is actually outplayed, but I expect him to do everything he can to help the team win. Someone earlier in the thread said they weren't sure you can teach heart, and someone else said Fred has been a part of the Bills' losing culture. I couldn't disagree more. So often Fred was a spark and came through for the team when they were lagging. And I think Spiller has bought in to Fred's example. I suspect he'd be acting completely differently if he played with say McGahee or Lynch instead.

[quote name="PaattMaann" post="3416429" timestamp="1420900014"

Kim has a very active roll in both the sabres and the bills, several people high up in each organization report directly to her and NOT Terry (this concerns me)

Doesn't concern me, unless it turns into some sort of problem, which has not happened.

Be here now.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Yet, once again, he led the Bills in rushing yards and total yards (i think). It actually kind of amazing that for all of Fred's slowness, lack of talent, and age... All he does is out produce every back on the team.

I would never count Fred Jackson out. And I hope he's on our team for as long as he wants to be.

Yeah and we will keep losing. Led this team in total yds ,rushing? Wow that's big numbers.

I'd love to hear someone in the media ask Fred if he has any interest in coaching someday.

Yeah and we will keep losing. Led this team in total yds ,rushing? Wow that's big numbers.

What's your point? Do you think Fred should be cut before he is outplayed? Why?

I never really felt McGee got the credit he deserved. Always played hard and maybe the best, most inventive kick returner I ever saw.

I agree. McGee and Fred are two of my favorite all-time Bills. He's the best KR we've ever had, and was play-making cover corner. McGee struggled under the crap zone coverage defense Jauron implemented, but was serviceable.

I've sorry, but not surprised, to hear about Terrence's health problems.

Wow, Kyle Shanahan would be a very bold move! If he gets the job then he absolutely nailed the interview on what the Bills did wrong this year on offense and how he'd fix it. I think I could get excited if he were the choice.

I'd be good with Bevell, Reich or K. Shanahan. I just don't want a retread coach in which the Bills head coaching job was his "bottom of the barrel" last choice of where he wanted to be.

You do know that both Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll are "retread" coaches, right? If you aren't familiar with them, you'll likely be able to catch them if you watch the Super Bowl.

Im not sure what you have been watching, Fred in his prime had some wheels...he wasnt called fast Freddie for nothing. Plenty of times fred got to the second level last year and just doesnt have that extra gear. If you dont believe me look at some of his earlier carries in his career.

Actually, he has never had that Fast Freddie nickname. That was WR Jonathan Smith, who wasn't even named Fred... and he never seemed remarkably fast to me either!

The word on the street in the DC area was that Kyle Shanahan was very well thought of throughout the league.

Mike is done.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were his first HC gig. I'm certain he is going to get one.

Edited by sherpa

You do know that both Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll are "retread" coaches, right? If you aren't familiar with them, you'll likely be able to catch them if you watch the Super Bowl.

Schwartz, Jackson and Shurmer are the only retread head coaches I see that would accept the Buffalo Bills head coaching job. So let's just take Rex and Mike Shanahan off the list. I've read that Kyle is extremely well liked by his former players and I think he's more than ready for the job. I think the weirdness of him being so young will wear off and the media and fans will quickly realize that the Bills totally nailed it with his hire.

Kyle Shanahan beats all three in regards to what the Bills need right now. He has the brightest offensive mind, he has been a successful offensive coordinator for a very long time now and he's been successful with three very different QB types (Shaub, RGIII, Hoyer) which means he's not married to a system but rather will build his system around the talent he has.

Jim Schwartz was a buffoon as a head coach, Hue Jackson seems like he's too quick to get angry and Pat Shurmer was wall paper as a personality and face of the organization.

Rumor has it that Dan Quinn will hire Kyle Shanahan as his OC when becomes the head coach of the Jets. Just know that Quinn is "THE MAN" as for who the hot head coaching candidate is. What's funny is that Kyle Shanahan actually has a much more impressive coaching resume than does Dan Quinn, and Quinn doesn't have a two time Superbowl winning head coach as a free consultant. After a year in NYC, Kyle Shanahan will be the hottest head coaching candidate out there. Anybody have any doubts about that?

I hope that the Buffalo Bills do hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach and I hope that other Bills fans start showing some support for the move.

Edited by 1billsfan

Bryce the so-called fumble machine ,would have a hell of a lot more yds with Freds carries and catches. Hold your breath ,because I`m not going to listen to your mumbo jumbo.

Bryce would have to do more with the carries he's got first.

Fred - 3.7 yds/carry

Bryce - 3.5 yds/carry

Bryce would have to do more with the carries he's got first.

Fred - 3.7 yds/carry

Bryce - 3.5 yds/carry

This. I mean, both are not good numbers. Bryce is faster. But here's the thing, Fred has good change of direction. Not as good as he used to, but good. Fred is like a changeup pitch and can make some defenders miss by jumping in front. The fact is that in games where he did really bad the defense seemed to key in on him because Orton was using him too much and/or no one else was doing anything. Fred is still valuable but is not good enough to carry the team on his own. Edited by HalftimeAdjustment

Anybody remember Fred's run v. Chicago? How about his 22 yarder v. Denver, also on the road? He's a guy who you can count on to fight for every inch. And more often than not he will get you the first down. Unless the line completely folds, you can count on Fred Jackson.

This. I can't believe anyone who watches football thinks Fred Jackson is done. He's never been a speedster, just a tough and smart running back.

Some "insider info" and just general cool info about Fred, as well as the coaching search that Iearned about last night whilst having drinks with a friend "in the know"...nothing earth shattering but thought I would share...

Fred recently stated that he planned on playing for at least three more years...side note, and this should be no surprise to anyone, Fred is described by this person as the most competitive person alive who wills himself to do what he has done and will do...his agent basically said "Fred, your old and no ones going to give you any type of contract after this one runs out"...Fred said "what do I need to do to get another contract"? His agent replies off the cuff, "oh I don't know, score 12 TDs next year"...Fred said, "ok...I'll score 12 touchdowns then", in complete seriousness and WILL talk to his agent after every game updating him on his TD total and telling him to get him that contract

Terrence Mcgee is in awful shape physically, needs knee replacement, gets continuous treatment on his back and neck....poor fella, and a microcosm of what most NFL players go through on a daily basis when they retire

The coaching search: the pegulas are in the room with Doug and Russ for every interview. Doug is running the show completely asking all of the questions throughout the interview, except Terry throws in "random, off the wall" questions to each candidate as he sees fit, which i understand is equally hilarious and baffling

Kim has a very active roll in both the sabres and the bills, several people high up in each organization report directly to her and NOT Terry (this concerns me)

For what it's worth, this person thinks Kyle Shanahan will be the next head coach of the Bills

Concerns me too... Who is Kim Pegula? -What sort of person is she? -For example, if Kim was the gold-digging trophy wife of our billionaire owner, -Where would that leave the team if (heaven forbid) something should happen to Terry?

Of course I don't know her personally. Still, i wonder about her commitment to the region...