How long has Marrone been plainning on leaving?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he carried himself like he was Parcells or Belichick

He was going to do things his way and they were going to like it. On some level I respect that, but I don't respect treating subordinates like crap and generally acting like a big baby when the press criticizes him.

I think he carried himself like he was Parcells or Belichick

He was going to do things his way and they were going to like it. On some level I respect that, but I don't respect treating subordinates like crap and generally acting like a big baby when the press criticizes him.

Once you win a Pinstripe Bowl, you should command complete respect.

That fight him and Russ got into in the beginning of the year. He yelled "Just go ahead and fire me!" or something along those lines. Has he been planning to leave since draft day, or am I looking too far into it?

He sounded like he was going to stay at the season ending conference, but with Orton quitting and not getting the things he wanted in his "power play" I think he waited till the end.

He started seriously putting together his exit strategy and planning to move on from the Bills on the afternoon of January, 6, 2013.

I have no way to prove this, but I think he's been planning this power play thing since Pegula and his dog and the rest of his family came out onto the Ralph field wearing Bills #1 jerseys (before the Patsies home game in October).

It was right in front of us when he played Orton (who he didn't want) instead of EJ (who he didn't want) because it gave HIM the best chance to win in that last no impact game against NE. Then he could say the Bills were 9-7 and HE beat The Patriots. Smart jerk.

He was hired to win games. That's what he did that day. I fail to see a problem here.

I actually don't think he planned it. I think he was annoyed he didn't get the respect he felt he deserved and decided to pull his power play. When it backfired, he had probably backed himself into a corner. (Something like Whaley or me) His only play at that point was to opt out while his stock was relatively high and hope to get another job

That said... F Him