Package Deal? (Mike & Kyle Shanahan)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not crazy about Mike Shanahan as HC, for the reasons already stated by so many on this thread. As for Kyle - he did work some magic with RGIII in DC, and did a reasonable job in Cleveland this year.

But even if I loved both the Shanahii, I'd be against this idea. Why would anyone EVER hire a father and son team as GM/HC or HC/Coordinator? Why would you put yourself in a position where you have one decision-maker who will not fire his subordinate under any circumstances?

You wouldn't, and you shouldn't. It's a terrible position in which to put your organization. If you want a Shanahan, hire Kyle - but don't put Mike in a position where to get rid of Kyle, you have to blow up the whole team.

No. Snyder gave the reigns to Mikey. He made all the calls - including destroying the health of RG3 and keeping that clown Haslett. That was Mike's ship that ran into the iceberg.

Totally, he was a disaster and to blame everything on Snyder is just wrong. From a 2nd for an over the hill McNabb to ruining RG III, I don't get this idea.

He was also mediocre for several years in Denver before being canned, he has been nothing since the century changed. No wonder Sully thinks this is a great idea. This will put the Bills back a decade.

Totally, he was a disaster and to blame everything on Snyder is just wrong. From a 2nd for an over the hill McNabb to ruining RG III, I don't get this idea.

He was also mediocre for several years in Denver before being canned, he has been nothing since the century changed. No wonder Sully thinks this is a great idea. This will put the Bills back a decade.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

Not sure what the definition of mediocre is. But, a 91-69 record after Elway retired using Brian Griese and Jake Plummer as QBs.Multiple playoff appearances including a 13-3 record during the same period. People also forget so quickly that he went 11-5 and had Washington in the playoffs before RG3 got hurt. Is he flawless? No! Is he a mediocre football guy? NO WAY

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

Not sure what the definition of mediocre is. But, a 91-69 record after Elway retired using Brian Griese and Jake Plummer as QBs.Multiple playoff appearances including a 13-3 record during the same period. People also forget so quickly that he went 11-5 and had Washington in the playoffs before RG3 got hurt. Is he flawless? No! Is he a mediocre football guy? NO WAY

Why did RG3 get injured?

At this point, this entire situation has spun so far out of control it's not worth even trying to make sense of it. Again, I try to think rationally and what makes little sense to me, if true, is the Pegula's dragging Doug Whaley into the interview process to interview his potential replacement. Is that a good, professional look for a billionaire who just bought a team and is trying to change the outside perception and internal culture?

Just hire someone already. I'm all for being thorough but at this point without a single vacancy filled, I'd like to see them hire from all available candidates than play musical chairs and get stuck with whoever is left.