[Vague Title]we are crazy if......

13player

If we don't move forward with Hacket as OC and Schwartz as head coach, the team was good last year, we made progress. Let hacket run the offence, he knows what he has to work with, everyone knows the system both defense and offence changing things up now is crazy. Lets ride out the third year and see what hacket can do calling the plays, nothing changes if we do and sometime that's a good thing.

Getting a new head coach, does not solve our QB issue but it does introduce a whole bunch of new potential issues. If Schwartz and Hacket fail, then hire a new coach who can pick his own QB with a number 1 pick.

Please don't go backwards, I think if Nate lets EJ play his game, and not force to stay in the pocket and allow him to move around a bit you will be surprised at what EJ can do. Personally I think Marone tried to fit a square peg into a round hole with EJ, just let the kid play.

If we don't move forward with Hacket as OC and Schwartz as head coach, the team was good last year, we made progress. Let hacket run the offence, he knows what he has to work with, everyone knows the system both defense and offence changing things up now is crazy. Lets ride out the third year and see what hacket can do calling the plays, nothing changes if we do and sometime that's a good thing.

Getting a new head coach, does not solve our QB issue but it does introduce a whole bunch of new potential issues. If Schwartz and Hacket fail, then hire a new coach who can pick his own QB with a number 1 pick.

Please don't go backwards, I think if Nate lets EJ play his game, and not force to stay in the pocket and allow him to move around a bit you will be surprised at what EJ can do. Personally I think Marone tried to fit a square peg into a round hole with EJ, just let the kid play.

Thank you for your input Mrs. Hacket

Least amount of rushing yards for a 16 game season in the history of the team. That is all I need to know that Hackett should not be back. And WE are the crazy ones?

In fairness, Mike in Horseheads did start a thread about Nate as a 'candidate.' Though, Mike had tongue firmly planted in cheek. This is the true nadir.

I had to look up nadir. I thought it may be synonymous with trolling. After learning the definition, I agree that it is nadir and also believe it's trolling.

Or another one of those unfunny jokes that have been popping up all over the place.

IT'S IN MY BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Consistancy. It's only a virtue if you're Not a Screwup

On D: consistency good

On O: consistency bad idea, very bad. The O already went backwards, far backwards in the last 2 years.

I have a better idea. Let's just keep the defense on the field, except for Wood, Spiller and Goodwin

The opponent's defensive line, used to bearing down on hapless OLmen, will get that "deer in the headlights" glare whilst faced by a charging Mario Williams who will then proceed to rassel them down, field dress them, and send their heads to the taxidermist to be stuffed and mounted. Meanwhile the opponent's LB and DB, used to pushing around hapless WR, will be flabbergasted and flattened by Bradham, Spikes, Alonso, and Brown leaving Gilmore and McKelvin to lead block whilst Spiller and Goodwin charge down the field at the speed of light, throwing laterals back and forth to each other.

Might be as effective as keeping Hackett, what do you think?

Edited by Hopeful

Not a fan of this. The downside is Hackett is REALLY a part of the problem-highly probable. Also, can we afford to waste another year with our D. Upside is: not really sure, Hackett is the next Bill Walsh-HIGHLY UNLIKELY!

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.