Head Coach candidate: Hue Jackson

YoloinOhio

Hue is every bit as power hungry and arrogant as Marrone. Just read up in his time in Oakland.

I do like that he has a strong personality. Given that the next HC will report directly to ownership and Hue has never been shy about sharing his opinions Whaley might not like him so much.

We might need a guy like Hue who will stand up to this front office. Hue will not put up with BS

Soooooooo sort of like Doug Marrone?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Silver (NFL.com) is a Hue supporter.

Had a twitter exchange with him last night about Hue.

Mike believes Hue got royally jobbed by Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis in Oakland and will do well in his next job.

Hue's preferred DC would be Mike Zimmer but since Zimmer is not available Hue would aggressively pursue keeping Schwartz -- likely enhancing his role.

Finally, Mike said Hue feels like there is enough skill position talent on O in Buffalo to work with to get the Offense on the right track but would want competition at the QB spot. Didn't ask about Spiller or the line.

If you haven't read Mike's story on Aaron Rodgers -- its a great one by the way...http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/toastoftitletown/toastoftitletown

Silver is more than just a Hue Jackson supporter he is a personal friend. If Michael Silver says Jackson would pursue keeping Schwartz you can bet your last dollar that is because that is what Hue Jackson told him.

Hue Jackson with Jim Schwartz staying is my ideal scenario. I would be excited. Really excited.

Edited by GunnerBill

Silver is more than just a Hue Jackson supporter he is a personal friend. If Michael Silver says Jackson would pursue keeping Schwartz you can bet your last dollar that is because that is what Hue Jackson told him.

Hue Jackosn with Jim Schwartz staying is my ideal scenario. I would be excited. Really excited.

I think that would be an excellent situation as well. As for those comparing Jackson to Marrone, Jackson has a track record of improving offensive production in numerous NFL stints. Also, I would imagine that being on the same page with Whaley would be a factor in determining who is hired. Both of those elements are pretty much not like Marrone.

I think that would be an excellent situation as well. As for those comparing Jackson to Marrone, Jackson has a track record of improving offensive production in numerous NFL stints. Also, I would imagine that being on the same page with Whaley would be a factor in determining who is hired. Both of those elements are pretty much not like Marrone.

True. He is more successful than Marrone as an OC for sure.

But do not underestimate Hue's ego. I think it could actually be good to have a strong no-nonsense personality again as HC.

True. He is more successful than Marrone as an OC for sure.

But do not underestimate Hue's ego. I think it could actually be good to have a strong no-nonsense personality again as HC.

Everything that I read about Hue's time in Oakland is that he is a cocky hard-ass but he builds players up rather than tearing them down...he takes the approach of empowering them to help them reach their goals rather than berating and threatening them. Its the antithesis of what we are hearing about Marrone. I would be excited about this hire as well.

Looking at personalities doing the interviewing -- Hue will remind Whaley of Cowher (Ego, hard ass, amazingly positive and confident) and the Pegulas of friends/entrepreneurs from the oil business and Ted Nolan. Russ will be the outlier....after Marrone Russ will be tentative about anyone with any hint of arrogance. Russ is probably pushing for Frank Reich as we speak...confident, but humble.

"I feel horrible. I'm pissed off, and everybody's surprised. But I get it. At the end of the day, I have to swallow it. You have to win. We didn't."

As for his immediate future, Jackson said, "Whatever comes up and something will come up I think I'm an OK head football coach, and I know I can coach offense."

If nothing else, dude sounds hungry as hell and dying for an opportunity to prove all his detractors wrong and give baby Davis a large middle finger by showing him what he could've done.

We have talked a lot about trying to figure which people will be a stud coach on their second go around and which ones will be a mess again. The characteristics I listed above sound like ones that would apply to someone who would be successful.

And I have to agree with Big Cat, that Wikipedia entry shows that he has made studs of every player he has worked with as a positional coach, has improved offenses everywhere he went, and really did quite well with a hot mess of a situation in Oakland.

I could get with this. Also, in terms of a power struggle, after what we just went through, I am quite certain pegula and Whaley will make it very clear what the power structure is before anyone is hired.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

"I feel horrible. I'm pissed off, and everybody's surprised. But I get it. At the end of the day, I have to swallow it. You have to win. We didn't."

As for his immediate future, Jackson said, "Whatever comes up and something will come up I think I'm an OK head football coach, and I know I can coach offense."

If nothing else, dude sounds hungry as hell and dying for an opportunity to prove all his detractors wrong and give baby Davis a large middle finger by showing him what he could've done.

We have talked a lot about trying to figure which people will be a stud coach on their second go around and which ones will be a mess again. The characteristics I listed above sound like ones that would apply to someone who would be successful.

And I have to agree with Big Cat, that Wikipedia entry shows that he has made studs of every player he has worked with as a positional coach, has improved offenses everywhere he went, and really did quite well with a hot mess of a situation in Oakland.

I could get with this. Also, in terms of a power struggle, after what we just went through, I am quite certain pegula and Whaley will make it very clear what the power structure is before anyone is hired.

Add to that the magical number I've been harping on since November as it pertains to offensive rankings: 15th.

As in the rankings of the 2014 Andy Dalton led offense in both yards and scoring.

Everything that I read about Hue's time in Oakland is that he is a cocky hard-ass but he builds players up rather than tearing them down...he takes the approach of empowering them to help them reach their goals rather than berating and threatening them. Its the antithesis of what we are hearing about Marrone. I would be excited about this hire as well.

Looking at personalities doing the interviewing -- Hue will remind Whaley of Cowher (Ego, hard ass, amazingly positive and confident) and the Pegulas of friends/entrepreneurs from the oil business and Ted Nolan. Russ will be the outlier....after Marrone Russ will be tentative about anyone with any hint of arrogance. Russ is probably pushing for Frank Reich as we speak...confident, but humble.

I was more worried about his this is my team and I'm not going to listen to anyone kind of talk when it wasn't is team and he likely got fired because of it.

"I'm going to take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization," Jackson said, fully aware that Davis' son, Mark, planned to hire a general manager in the offseason. "There ain't no way that I'm going to feel like I feel today a year from now. I promise you that. I ain't feeling like this no more. This is a joke. To have a chance at home to beat a football team that is reeling after being beaten in Detroit, who's one of your rivals and they come in here and beat us like that. I'm going to take a hand in everything."

Also, I would imagine that being on the same page with Whaley would be a factor in determining who is hired. Both of those elements are pretty much not like Marrone.

Why do you think he and Whaley are "on the same page"?

I bet given a minute or so I could name a dozen successful coaches who are full of themselves. A LOT of them are. Shoot, we might have interviewed a dozen like that already.

Why do you think he and Whaley are "on the same page"?

I bet given a minute or so I could name a dozen successful coaches who are full of themselves. A LOT of them are. Shoot, we might have interviewed a dozen like that already.

I would agree that every one of the coaches we interviewed or hold jobs as HC in the NFL are full of themselves. Marrone was overflowing. Full of yourself is okay. You have to have a huge ego to be successful as well as supremely confident. When you think too much of yourself it's a problem. Too much is much greater than full of yourself.

In fact, that's probably why Marrone said he was 110% sure that EJ was going to start last year. In his twisted world, things go up to 200%.

Interesting...I saw power hungry and thought, "Marrone." Still, I think it should be him or Bevell.

Add to that the magical number I've been harping on since November as it pertains to offensive rankings: 15th.

As in the rankings of the 2014 Andy Dalton led offense in both yards and scoring.

15th is better than 26th...I'll take it! even if we dont have a dalton, we can figure something out.

I've been seeing a lot of positive stuff on Hue. I admittedly don't know much about him but the "experts" seem to think he's a great fit for the Bills.

There are a couple of others that are higher on my list, but the more I read etc., there are are a lot of people who are high on Hugh.