Head Coach candidate: Hue Jackson

YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't jump off the page, but he may just check all the boxes. I'm going to do some reading up on him today.

I remember when he got hired in Oakland and was like..umm..ok...another Raider hire...He really impressed me that first year and I thought he got shafted by the GM they hired after he was hired as Coach.

His term in Oakland reminded me soo much of Nolan's first tenor when "Prepare to Suffer" Reiger was hired in Buffalo...

He has a strong Offensive background and I have only read great things of him in the past. If Buffalo hires him or Frank Reich, I will be ecstatic. These two I believe would leave the entire Defense alone in my opinion. However, not sure how our DC would like to work for a rookie HC in Reich. That is why I have Jackson rated slightly hire in my wish list.

Just say no to Double Trouble Shannahans....watched that sleaze-fest first hand here in DC. Hell, I would take a Marone interview over Shannahan interview anyday.

I remember when he got hired in Oakland and was like..umm..ok...another Raider hire...He really impressed me that first year and I thought he got shafted by the GM they hired after he was hired as Coach.

I'm pretty sure the Oakland fans agree: http://www.bringbackhuejackson.com/

Why is this guy not signed yet? Buddy is asleep over his head on this one!

Hue got a lot of production out of Jason Campbell as an OC in 2010 and a HC in 2011. Campbell may have some similarities with EJ - big guy with a lot of physical tools, probably picked too early, a lot of troubles with accuracy.

Campbell played the best football of his career with Hue.

Hue got a lot of production out of Jason Campbell as an OC in 2010 and a HC in 2011. Campbell may have some similarities with EJ - big guy with a lot of physical tools, probably picked too early, a lot of troubles with accuracy.

Campbell played the best football of his career with Hue.

its a good point. Actually I remember the game where the Raiders came into the Ralph and Campbell looked great (we won at the end - OT?)

its a good point. Actually I remember the game where the Raiders came into the Ralph and Campbell looked great (we won at the end - OT?)

no ot. We came back from down 21 and won on a David Nelson TD with a minute or two remaining. Searcy ended the game with a pick near the goal line on a hail Mary Edited by kr632

no ot. We came back from down 21 and won on a David Nelson TD with a minute or two remaining. Searcy ended the game with a pick near the goal line on a hail Mary

good memory! I just remember it being a close game at the end. It was one of the Fitzmagic games!

According to Pat Kirwan today on Sirius radio blurted out that Hue Jackson had a great interview in the last couple of days with a team that he would not name. He went on about it pretty good and said the team really liked Jackson. Could that team possibly be the Bills? I don't know what other teams Jackson might have interviewed with in the last 2 days. Any information is appreciated.

According to Pat Kirwan today on Sirius radio blurted out that Hue Jackson had a great interview in the last couple of days with a team that he would not name. He went on about it pretty good and said the team really liked Jackson. Could that team possibly be the Bills? I don't know what other teams Jackson might have interviewed with in the last 2 days. Any information is appreciated.

I had heard from a reliable source that the Bills liked Hue Jackson a few days before the interview. So if that was true, and the Bills thought he had a great interview, that could add up. I wouldn't think he was one of the first few choices though.

This would be completely deflating...ugh

He is nothing more than a journeyman coach. There isn't a single thing about him or his resume that impresses me.

Edited by Max997

I had heard from a reliable source that the Bills liked Hue Jackson a few days before the interview. So if that was true, and the Bills thought he had a great interview, that could add up. I wouldn't think he was one of the first few choices though.

If the Pegulas talked to Jon Gruden for advice -- he told them to hire Hue...not saying this happened but I think Gruden would have told them that EJ can develop and that Hue would be the best coach to put EJ in situations to succeed.

I have no reason to think this but I think Buffalo wants

1. a HC with experience

2. a coach willing to keep the current defensive staff

3. someone who wants to work with EJ (this one is obvious)

4. not a huge name

Its definitely not an inspiring hire on the surface Max. I agree with you there.

I do feel better about this coaching search than any of the others the Bills have conducted the past 11 years. To rationalize how Hue could succeed, I keep thinking back that if Donahoe would have convinced Marvin Lewis to come to Buffalo -- the last decade plus would have looked very different. Hue is Marvin Lewis of the offensive side -- intense, motivating, brash, a large ego, arrogant -- but he builds players up rather than tearing them down. He is creative. When he and Gruden shared an office at the University of the Pacific 20 years ago -- they would drive each other crazy coming up with new ways to out scheme a defense...

He is nothing more than a journeyman coach. There isn't a single thing about him or his resume that impresses me.

To say the least...

I'm not saying the guy is a bad football coach...But this would not make me happy at all...I would not mind him as an OC...But that's as far as my love for Hue goes... B-)

He's probably my first choice for HC. As I said in the other Hue thread, he isn't a "hot name" so he doesn't jump off the page but I think he checks all the boxes for this particular team.

I would be interested to see who he would bring on for OC. That would be a critical hire.

I totally understand the uninspired feelings about Hue...but if this ends up being the hire -- I will be jacked for the future of the Bills. The defensive staff will have continuity and we will be getting a Chan Gailey level Offensive mind with a Marvin Lewis toughness and bravado...