Head Coach candidate: Mike Shanahan

HOUSE

Yah what did those completions consist of ? Mainly passes to wide open receivers and simple screen passes that were done out of a read option. That's really hard to do.

What does RGIII look like now that he is trying to be a pocket Qb? How horrible.

I'm not Shanny's biggest fan, but pretending that RGIII didn't have a great rookie year or that it's "oh, so easy" is kinda silly. There's plenty of real reasons to dislike him.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically, RG3 was a historically great rookie quarterback. The fact that he's bad now - whether it's because injuries ruined him or something else - doesn't change that.

http://grantland.com/features/bill-barnwell-breaks-nfl-young-elite-quarterbacks/

No one denies the big numbers out up by Griffin in his rookie year. What people will debate though is his "greatness" that was ruined by injury as you like to tout. I posit that he was never great and that he's one and done because of a gimmick offense that was not sustainable (see other read option baby named Kaepernick) . If he can't adjust to running an offense like a traditional drop back QB, he will be no more than a footnote in history.

LOL, a 2 time Superbowl winning coach criticized by Buffalo fans who will probably end up with some bright young assistant is very entertaining

:doh:

Edited by HOUSE

First, he's another one that cannot be allowed to bring his son with him. They were a horrid pair because Mike did not hold Kyle accountable. He lost his players, somehow allowed his star QB implode the locker room and in front of the press. His success in Denver was in no small part because he had John Elway running the show. I also love his zone blocking schemes, which would send our top RB to the Pro Bowl, but he's simply not equipped to be a head coach again.

First, he's another one that cannot be allowed to bring his son with him. They were a horrid pair because Mike did not hold Kyle accountable. He lost his players, somehow allowed his star QB implode the locker room and in front of the press. His success in Denver was in no small part because he had John Elway running the show. I also love his zone blocking schemes, which would send our top RB to the Pro Bowl, but he's simply not equipped to be a head coach again.

Not right. Snyder put RGIII on a pedestal, not Shanahan.

I could be on board with this. Here are the pros:

1. Successful head coach, Redskins stint notwithstanding.

2. Would make it less likely for Schwartz to kvetch over being passed over meaning defense stays intact.

3. Can establish a running game from thin air.

4. Knows how to beat Belichick.

I say do it.