Dan Carpenter snub

No Pro Bowl and no AP All Pro selections.

I think this guy is money and kicks in the toughest conditions. He drills them from the 45+ range consistently. I really don't care about national recognition, but why isn't he ever spoken about as a clutch kicker? All I know is that I'll take this guy above all others when the game is on the line.

The way it works these days, there are about a dozen kickers a year who "deserve" to be All-Pro. It's easier to pick the one or two kickers a year who screw up so badly they get fired mid-season (guy from the Lions for example). No disrespect to Dan Carpenter, who has been absolutely terrific, but like Jimmy Johnson said kickers are fungible.

No Pro Bowl and no AP All Pro selections.

I think this guy is money and kicks in the toughest conditions. He drills them from the 45+ range consistently. I really don't care about national recognition, but why isn't he ever spoken about as a clutch kicker? All I know is that I'll take this guy above all others when the game is on the line.

Did you look at the stats? Gostkowski and Vinatieri were better in terms of FG%, and Suisham was about on par with Carpenter. In fact, Vinatieri only missed one kick all year and I believe it was in the last game.

That being said, Carpenter has been a great signing. Just a case where the competition is slightly better in 2014.

Did you look at the stats? Gostkowski and Vinatieri were better in terms of FG%, and Suisham was about on par with Carpenter. In fact, Vinatieri only missed one kick all year and I believe it was in the last game.

That being said, Carpenter has been a great signing. Just a case where the competition is slightly better in 2014.

exactly.