When did you first start to dislike Marrone?

I was always a bit underwhelmed by the guy. For all the hype, he struck me as a bit of an amateur. When I read that he changed the way of life at Syracuse, making them toe the line and wear suits, I thought whatever.

His first year? 6 wins? Not impressed.

But when he was at camp and making players run laps, yelling at Hughes, being an a-hole....didn't care for it. When I heard about him yelling at the other Doug in front of the team? That's when I disliked the guy. When he took it public.

I'm glad he's gone. Prima donna had to go.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always a bit underwhelmed by the guy. For all the hype, he struck me as a bit of an amateur. When I read that he changed the way of life at Syracuse, making them toe the line and wear suits, I thought whatever.

His first year? 6 wins? Not impressed.

But when he was at camp and making players run laps, yelling at Hughes, being an a-hole....didn't care for it. When I heard about him yelling at the other Doug in front of the team? That's when I disliked the guy. When he took it public.

I'm glad he's gone. Prima donna had to go.

That's when huh?

Bring back Billy. Keep Dougs. Move forward into the future. Trade Greg Bell for Biscuit. Hire Frank Reich as offensive coordinator/assistant head coach. Carl Mauck to the line. Sign that nebraska psycho as guard, what's his name? Incognito. This line needs to be nasty.

Seems like you were all for him 5 days ago. Let's look a little deeper.

I can't make up my mind if I like the guy or not. I'm glad it's not my call. I like the 9-7, but I don't like the OC or OL coaching. Seems lame and non-productive.

Still, 9-7 is showing good progress. Road wins in Detroit, Chicago, New England and New York. Not too bad, man. Not too bad.

Wow, 3 days ago, you didn't like him or dislike him. You couldn't make your mind up. Sounds a bit later that the camp incident.

Wanna revise a little more history? Say you hated the hire from Day 1 and you knew he sucked. Go big!

Edited by FireChan

last season.. after watching our receivers running sloppy routes, and dragging defenders into each others routes - he threw receivers coach Ike Hilliard under the bus, rather than own up to the fact that all this took place on Hackett's watch.

Edited by BackInDaDay

yesterday!

I thought he was up and coming. I saw him learning to be a HC in the nfl. So, i gave him a pass on a lot.

He preached the importance of team to his players. Then he left them hanging. Thats not the coach i want.

now i downright hate the p.o.s

I started disliking him when he benched EJ, but said to myself, lets see where he goes with this. Even though i was pretty well resigned to 8-8 with Orton.

When we lost to Oakland though, i was done with him. He was dead to me, kiss of death. I wanted him gone.

That being said, theres something to continuity, so i figired he would be back in '15. And would have cheered the team on as i always do.

Hey Firechan, thanks for the research into my posts. I am a Bills fan, and I root for them to win football games. If he's in charge, I'm going to support him. Like him or not. When Chan was in charge, I rooted for victory. But I pay attention to what's going on.

I didn't say I hated the hire from day one. I said I was a bit underwhelmed. That ain't hate. My dislike started to emerge when he did those things in camp. But if that's what he uses to motivate people....he is our coach. Like I said in another post.....9-7 not too bad. If you want to look at more of my BS, you'll see I have been asking for a new OC and OL coach for a long time. I've supported the talent on that line (3 all americans drafted last year, why did they lose their ability?). I was hoping that we would bring in anybody to get those guys to play together.

When I read that Marrone was chastising Hughes publicly, I did not like that. A short time later he allegedly blew up on the sidelines to Whaley. That's not cool. Not cool at all. In fact, if you want to do more research, and I hope you don't because it's a waste of time, you'll see that I criticized his press conferences too, as having absolutely nothing to say. I hated the punts on 4th down. I thought they were gutless and compared them to Gregg Williams punting on 4th and 2 from New England's 31 yard line in 2004, which I believe may have killed my mom.

I'm not some idiotic kid. I asked a question. When did you first start to dislike Doug Marrone. I never was fully on board, but when he told Hughes he didn't have to be on our team I started to dislike the guy. Please post some more of my thoughts if you please. I don't see any reason to question what I said. It's all consistent.

I first was skeptical when they cut Tarvaris Jackson early in the offseason last year. I started really losing confidence when he went into the first season with two rookie QBs on the roster. I understand Kolb got hurt but there was no excuse for having Tuel as the only backup QB on the roster. With an average veteran backup last season the Bills would have been a playoff team. I lost all confidence when I watched them continue to run the read option all last season with a QB that never took the option.

This year I gave him a second chance and once again it was the same story as last season. We fail to bring in a decent veteran backup QB until week one and as a result poor QB play is the reason the Bills are not a playoff team.

Look at everything that Marrone has touched on this team and it has likely been a weakness. He has nothing to do with the defense (except for Henderson) and that is the only reason why this team has been competitive for the past two years. The special teams has been average, the offense has been terrible (including his OL), and his game management decisions have been very questionable. And it has been stated a million times but how the heck does Marrone the Offensive Line Whisperer continue to watch his offensive line regress week after week and do nothing about it?

Never disliked the guy. I appreciated his no nonsense approach, his disdain for the media, what seemed like building a team that would follow him; playing guys he thought gave him the best chance to win (Henderson over Kujo is a great example). The weird thing was up until a week ago, I wanted Hackett gone but was OK with Marrone. After reading some very good analysis and seeing some all-22 breakdowns from others, I was OK with both staying. Orton was not that good and the OL was horrible (don't think all the blame falls on coaching, the talent sucked... Urbik and Pears come on). Players just didn't execute and when you can't execute because you're not good or smart enough, those things can't be fixed. I'm actually disappointed he left. I saw an upward trajectory for once and was all for continuity. I don't fault him for leaving really, it's a business. The guys has been vilified more than an FA who spurned us ever. Not sure why a coach gets held to the higher standard when their guarantees from ownership are the same as a player.