Has Marrone even given a statement?

YoloinOhio

Honestly - fuk him.

At this point, Doug, just take the Jets job and get your money. Then you'll really get a feel for what it's like to be a marginal coach for a large market team. You'll basically get half a season to show you've made a difference, then the wolves come smelling the kill. Enjoy! They're going to LOVE Nathaniel after YEARS of underachieving offenses and bad QBs!!!

I support your decision to leave, I do not support the manner in which you handled yourself.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should he? Apparently he sent a message out to the players, why should he also send something out the "fans" who have been cropping on him and driving him out since he started? I wouldn't blame him for sending out a big 'FU' to the fans for "all of their support". Nothing was ever good enough, and they all wanted him out anyways, even after he took the team to their best record in years, which of course was in spite of him....

Its the NFL. Nobody is above reproach. Especially when your coaching record is below .500.

If Tom Coughlin's skin was as thin as Marrone's appears to be, he wouldve left NY years ago.

But therein lies the difference between 2 men.

Even Greggo gave a teary eyed statement at the podium when he was fired. Then again,I don't recall Mularkey doing so when he quit. Regardless, Marrone leaves a strange legacy behind:

@ByTimGraham: When Gailey got fired, he insisted on delivering a good-bye statement and cried. Marrone bolted in the night with a $4 million check.

Even Greggo gave a teary eyed statement at the podium when he was fired. Then again,I don't recall Mularkey doing so when he quit. Regardless, Marrone leaves a strange legacy behind:

@ByTimGraham: When Gailey got fired, he insisted on delivering a good-bye statement and cried. Marrone bolted in the night with a $4 million check.

Notice that everyone has great things to say about Chan as a man.

Also notice that everything about St. Doug is negative

Buffalo has one of if not the most loyal fan base in the league. A simple "thank you and good bye" must have been too much for him to say before bolting in the middle of the night with his check.

I think pulled an Orton " hey I'll be right back" and out the door he went.

probably his skin needed some lotion before he can talk to the media again.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Notice that everyone has great things to say about Chan as a man.

Also notice that everything about St. Doug is negative

Add Jauron to that list. The Chan list not the Marrone list.

I want to know what spurred him to make the comment of the franchise being irrepairable?

His sainthood

Simply stated- he is a dick. The guy is classless. Pagula handled it well- although he was probably stunned. He will cut and run on the jets within a couple if years just like he did in buffalo and cuse-

Btw bad mouthing the organization on the way out of dodge will make any owner think twice about hiring him. History usually repeats itself.

Why should he? Apparently he sent a message out to the players, why should he also send something out the "fans" who have been cropping on him and driving him out since he started? I wouldn't blame him for sending out a big 'FU' to the fans for "all of their support". Nothing was ever good enough, and they all wanted him out anyways, even after he took the team to their best record in years, which of course was in spite of him....

I know Who would think after a dominating 2 season run including both a 6 and 9 win run such a coaching star ( who won not 1 but 2 pinhead bowls too ) would be treated like that. man he was two games shy of almost being an average 500. Nothing is good enough for these fans not even a crap coach. Do you sit with the robot at home games? Edited by Best Player Available

I think the Fans should take out a full page ad in the Buffalo News and thank him for changing the culture of the Bills. If well-done, it can be a classy goodbye from the fans that reeks of "you should be thanking US and saying goodbye to US" and also reads as a big "F-You" to Marrone.

Someone more creative than I could do it justice...

"Thank you Doug Marrone for changing the culture of the Buffalo Bills leading our beloved team to a 15-17 record over the past 2 years. The Fans of the Buffalo greatly appreciate your unwavering dedication to the Buffalo Bills and the Buffalo Community. We look forward to welcoming you back to Orchard Park in 2015!"

That would be fantastic. I'd put in in a NYC paper if he gets the JETS job. hahahah.

I want to know what spurred him to make the comment of the franchise being irrepairable?

that Pegula would not give a living St. a contract extension most likely. St. Doug considers that a mortal sin.

Its the NFL. Nobody is above reproach. Especially when your coaching record is below .500.

If Tom Coughlin's skin was as thin as Marrone's appears to be, he wouldve left NY years ago.

But therein lies the difference between 2 men.

Coughlin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marrone. AT least the JETS can hire him and continue to be the laughingstock of the AFC East.

The way Marrone's left leaves me with the same vague, disquieting feeling I get when I think of how the Colts left Baltimore...

Probably because without fans he doesn't have a job. You know the fans who buy tickets/food/drinks, the fans who watch games on tv creating ratings which brings in advertising revenue, hometown taxpayers that subsidize stadium renovations, the fans who buy Sunday ticket and redzone and the fans who buy merchandise, Ralph Wilson or Pegula and the rest of the owners wouldn't make a dime without fans.

Thanks for explaining you're side of this Doug. Good luck!

the two hardest words to speak in the English language are hello and goodbye, maybe this Is the case, or maybe it's just the "keep your mouth shut,and be though a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt", strategy, but I do know it's time to move on, and maybe that's what really important here