Bills may be in the worst bind ever

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We lost a head coach that went 15-17, yet still have in staff the defense that was the most critical cog in putting together the first winning season in a decade, plus all of the players that makeup the roster.

I'm missing the part that makes this is the worst bind that the team has ever been in?

Seriously, you reall think we would have had a winning season if the Pats game had meant anything to them?

That's a naive opinion.

A strong recommendation from TaskersGhost is hard to ignore when weighing candidates for dumbest post of the year. His opinion carries a lot of cache in that regard. If he throws his support towards the "Trade Sammy" thread, we have a quandary on our hands.

GO BILLS!!!

Say what you want, but on trading Sammy, what sense would that make unless we get back the picks that we lost. He's a good player, but obviously is you conduct every draft like that, or every other since you cannot conduct everyone like that, then you'll never become good. It was a horrible use of draft picks.

I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want Kelvin Benjamin or Beckum and our 1st and 4th back? Both of those WRs are better and we'd have more picks.

No GM is fool enough to trade us anything besides maybe a 1st straight up for Watkins. Why would we do that?

On the other hand, if the Panthers offered us Benjamin and their 1st and say 2nd or 3rd (since they're in the playoffs and will have a low 1st) this year for Watkins we'd have to be stupid not to make that deal. Not that they would, they wouldn't, just sayin.

Edited by TaskersGhost

the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

#1- the relocation gorilla is off our backs.

#2- we didn't finish last in our division for the first time in 7 years.

#3- we are $50 million under the cap.

things are looking up to me.

So we're not doomed? :D

I really dont think they Bills are in that bad of a bind.

Marrone gets way too much credit for the teams success. Our D/ST won many games for us this year with no help from the offense.

Now if Schwartz leaves then I will say the Bills are in a bind

And I am sure any new coach coming in would not view Orton as the long term solution if he chose to stay.

CBF

Things look pretty bad. This will be a defining moment before TP. He has a good team right now and it doesn't make sense to blow it up. I would like to see Schwartz become the HC and promote either Henderson or Pepper Johnson to DC. We would likely have a top 5 defense next year. The question is whether Schwartz can find an OC that can improve our offense. I say keep Whaley, at least until after the draft. This gives TP time to address the front office situation. I'm with Aaron Williams on this one, Marrone is a schmuck.

We lost a head coach that went 15-17, yet still have in staff the defense that was the most critical cog in putting together the first winning season in a decade, plus all of the players that makeup the roster.

I'm missing the part that makes this is the worst bind that the team has ever been in?

Let's remember, Pegula let Marrone walk.

Marrone had conditions for staying, including a 2 year extension. If Pegula et al were enamored with Marrone and truly believed in him, I imagine they would have met those conditions. It's not like Terry couldn't afford contract extensions. Clearly Pegula (and, I assume, OBD) were not convinced that Marrone was the long term answer at HC. They decided it was best for the team to not meet his conditions and let him leave.

Let's see how that decision pans out.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: A voice of reason!!

Marrone gets way too much credit for the teams success. Our D/ST won many games for us this year with no help from the offense.

And I am sure any new coach coming in would not view Orton as the long term solution if he chose to stay.

CBF

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's remember, Pegula let Marrone walk.

Marrone had conditions for staying, including a 2 year extension. If Pegula et al were enamored with Marrone and truly believed in him, I imagine they would have met those conditions. It's not like Terry couldn't afford contract extensions. Clearly Pegula (and, I assume, OBD) were not convinced that Marrone was the long term answer at HC. They decided it was best for the team to not meet his conditions and let him leave.

Let's see how that decision pans out.

Pretty simple, really. I don't think most people take to ultimatums, certainly not El Pegaul.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, they have a younger, richer owner now and they won nine games, but how do they escape from this coaching/FO nightmare?

1. QB quits and our first-rounder got little experience this year.

2. Coach quit, walking away with $4mil for doing nothing, an embarrassment to the club if not the entire city. (Late night comics saying: how do you fire someone in Buffalo, NY? Answer: Give him $4mil."

3. Polian turns down the job of King Bill.

4. Schwartz probably walks if he doesn;t get the HC job (and if he does, we get a guy who was a poor HC

and lose a good DC)

5. Our GM is looking really bad and may not survive. He made a desperate a move at the draft

and now has no first-round pick in '15. His HC has disrespected him in public during the entire 2014 season. He looks weak.

6. We have a rookie owner unfamiliar with NFL workings and football in general who has to dig his way out from under a giant pile of shale.

On the good side, we got rid of Marrone, Orton and hopefully Hackett.

Can we please quit with these multiple threads prating the same thing? Pretty please with Polly want a Cracker on it?

Why is it that no one here wants to recognize that our rushing defense cost us four games and nearly lost us another two?

I don't think that this can be stressed enough, over our last 10 games we allowed an average of about 130 rushing yards per game. That's abysmal, and we have a DC that supposedly specializes in stopping the run.

I don't get why everyone thinks that our D is really top-shelf. The passing component of it is obviously good, but not all that much better than last season. Fewer sacks, same INTs. We lost to Miami, KC, Oakland, and Denver all because of their rushing games. Both Minnesota and GB, teams that Schwartz should know very well, nearly beat us with 158 yards rushing apiece.

This defense has issues with stopping the run, which is remarkable given the talent up front, at least on paper.

Why is it that no one here wants to recognize that our rushing defense cost us four games and nearly lost us another two?

I don't think that this can be stressed enough, over our last 10 games we allowed an average of about 130 rushing yards per game. That's abysmal, and we have a DC that supposedly specializes in stopping the run.

I don't get why everyone thinks that our D is really top-shelf. The passing component of it is obviously good, but not all that much better than last season. Fewer sacks, same INTs. We lost to Miami, KC, Oakland, and Denver all because of their rushing games. Both Minnesota and GB, teams that Schwartz should know very well, nearly beat us with 158 yards rushing apiece.

This defense has issues with stopping the run, which is remarkable given the talent up front, at least on paper.

Wait a minute, how did we lose to KC, Miami, Oakland, and Denver because of defense?

The team allowed 17 points to KC, and 10 of them came off turnovers. Not to mention that Bryce Brown and Scott Chandler both fumbled away the same TD on the same play, and Orton managed to miss a wide open Chris Hogan for what would've been the go-ahead TD late in the 4th.

Buffalo got 13 first downs in the Miami loss. 13. Total. All game. That's pathetic. If you expect your defense to be able to hold all day long, when you can barely muster 3 first downs per quarter, you're dreaming. It's also not too much to ask that your offense score a single TD in that game, or maybe even not give the opposing team points off of a safety.

I'd go on, but I feel like your position is more of an agenda than it is based on actual facts.