Does Schwartz stay if he's not the HC?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assistants are under contract thru 2015, but Schwarz,for some reason,thru 2016. The new HC, (if it's not him)might very well want to bring in his own staff.But,if the D is top 5, and the Teams are above average, why mess with success? It would be unusual, but how about a top notch HC and OC and new offensive assistants.,and keep the defensive and special teams coaches? Bills finally have the opportunity,and resources, to invest in a proven HC.

Carolina is a bit of an anomaly with Polian, with Caughlib, Delhome, and Collins. But his MO seems to be get a guy who can lead, but get out of the way and let the players play.

Not sure where Reich is on this. At week 8 this season, I'd be in on it, not now, that offense was too bad with too much talent. Also too Green.

Is Wade retired these days?

Agree. Don't love the dynamic that Schwartz brings to the table. I think he almost has to go, unless we hire a big personality like rex or cowher.

I don't think so. Look at it this way. 3-4 days into this and Schwartz hasn't gotten a whiff as far an an interview for a HC job as far as we know. It's possible that he has, or will, get an interview. I'm sure a guy like that wants one and thought he may get one. But it's a fact. He has to be able to deal with a hotshot candidate like Gase who is an offensive guy, or even a Bowles or Bevel, because everyone wants to talk to them. It doesn't matter that he thinks he's a better candidate than them, but it's a fact he must understand. He's a very smart guy.

What he doesn't have to put up with is a retread like himself, who had his one chance already, and didn't do so well. OR... a guy like Reich who hasn't paid his dues at all and there is no reason whatsoever to give that guy a job to. He should be pissed if that happens.

A big name, a hotshot young up and coming, a top college coach I'm sure he could deal with. A retread or an undeserving neophyte I think pisses him off.

If it's a reject or a guy who hasn't paid his dues, like Frank Reich, Schwartz is going to be very, very pissed.

I agree. I have not heard of any interest in him from other teams looking for a HC, and he is under contract, but it would be difficult to believe he could be retained by a new HC if he is passed over. Perhaps with a truly big name and a bump to asst HC, but Frank Reich?

I have major concerns about Schwartz as HC. His team in Detroit was undisciplined and our defense here this year, while very good, was also guilty of too many stupid penalties.

Penalties shmenalties. Seattle leads the league in penalties while Jacksonville has the fewest amount. Quite the contrast. Good teams get penalized just as much as bad teams, stupid or not. Means nothing.

I have major concerns about Schwartz as HC. His team in Detroit was undisciplined and our defense here this year, while very good, was also guilty of too many stupid penalties.

Shu is just as undisciplined this year.

Playing a nasty, physical D will come with some stupid penalties, and prob 1/2 of the "stupid penalties" were phantom calls. If a new HC does not keep Schwartz I would find that disturbing. We need to keep Schwartz. If he leaves of his own accord, we should promote Pepper Johnson.

Schwartz in Det ~ Bellicheat in Cleveland

Hmmmm......

#dynasty

love it!!