Does Schwartz stay if he's not the HC?

So long as Whaley is staying put, which it surely seems will be the case, Schwartz is easily the best choice for HC. You have Pepper Johnson as a potential on-staff replacement to maintain the D's progress and have Schwartz's former OC, Scott Linehan, coaching for one of the hottest teams in football as a passing game coordinator/playcaller. OC would certainly seem to be an upgrade for him and if you've watched the Cowboys play selection this season you realize that it's been pretty damn good. That trio has my vote.

Oh and as stated several times, he has a contract.

Edited by csa10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as Whaley is staying put, which it surely seems will be the case, Schwartz is easily the best choice for HC. You have Pepper Johnson as a potential on-staff replacement to maintain the D's progress and have Schwartz's former OC, Scott Linehan, coaching for one of the hottest teams in football as a passing game coordinator/playcaller. OC would certainly seem to be an upgrade for him and if you've watched the Cowboys play selection this season you realize that it's been pretty damn good. That trio has my vote.

I was wondering what Lenihan's title was in Dallas. He has done a nice job there this year. If our role was considered a promotion, that would be fantastic.

i think some owners could look at that differently. The young coordinators haven't had a chance to demonstrate whether they can be successful as a HC. Schwartz got that chance for 5 years and failed. He did get the team to the playoffs once, but I don't think it bodes well for him that he was fired last year and now the same team is in the playoffs now that he's gone.

Don't get me wrong I would be fine if they promoted him here. I just don't think any teams are beating down his door this year for those reasons.

the Bills are ready to win now.. i'll take Schwartz/Johnson/??? or Shanahan/Schwartz/??? over any rookie HC.

also, i think you have to look at the openings to decide why a defensive minded coach like Schwartz isn't being interviewed.. where are teams looking for help?

the Bills are ready to win now.. i'll take Schwartz/Johnson/??? or Shanahan/Schwartz/??? over any rookie HC.

also, i think you have to look at the openings to decide why a defensive minded coach like Schwartz isn't being interviewed.. where are teams looking for help?

The one team I thought might take a look at him is the Bears. He owned that division this year and has now coached against it for 6... And their biggest area of concern is defense. Still early but I hope they stay away!

With the quality of this HC prospect group why in the world would we hire Schwartz as the HC when he crashed and burned in Detroit....

Some guys are crackerjack DCs but horrible HC.......he has done a great job with a loaded defensive roster yes....but this does NOT fix our offensive woes

I think there is some sort of known issue with him. A reason why no one is mentioning him, even though it could be argued that he hasn't earned another chance after just one season. His lack of discipline in Detroit? His shoot from the hip personality? Something about him seems to be holding him back is just my feeling.

Maybe it was this....? :D

16014289-standardjpg-f0e693a27a0d5ce6.jp

Edited by TPS

Schwartz stays whether at DC or HC. We need to fill gaping holes on the offensive side of the ball, which has been truly offensive. OC/HC savant and leave the D alone. Check out our OL ranking. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/08/offensive-line-rankings-2/ Number 32 in the NFL. Personally, I think that ranking is too generous. If you take into account other teams back ups, second and third string, we probably fall to the mid 50s. Solve the OL and OC and we go places.

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland