Something's about to happen

Virgil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to the op.

Credit where it is due. But the OP was pretty general, so just about anything could have counted.

With that said, I'm pretty shocked. Good luck to Marrone and let's fine someone better. Cowher anyone?

I would love to gloat or say something about being awesome, but it was literally a feeling. Things were just too quiet and overall too positive going into the offseason. Just based off the way that things were going with other teams so quickly. I was literally sitting at work, checking the forums, and just felt off. Like something was about to break all this silence. The last time I felt that way, I lost my job a few hours later out of nowhere ;-(. I kind of thought it would be this, but also thought it could just be the firing of Hackett.

Honestly, I wish I was wrong. I liked Doug. I wanted Hackett gone. All I can assume is that A) the front office disagreements at the beginning of the year were true. B) They wanted Hackett fired and he refused. or what I really think C) He used this as the opportunity to play the field, use interest as leverage to get more control of player personnel and got shut down. I also think they told him that Polian may be coming in and he didn't want another hand in the pot.

End of the day, lucky guess that could have easily been wrong. To those who made fun of the post, you can kind of suck it just for being rude. What's a forum if not for the opportunity to talk about the topics at hand.

Also, I'm a little pissed at Doug because of his "You're stuck with me" comments. And you can tell by the players Tweets that they were blindsided, which I have no respect for. The whole, I'm from the area and this is my dream job BS. You find a way to make your dream job work. Plus the endorsements he was getting by the organization. Just a big FU. If he goes to the Jets, we will have two rivals in our division immediately. Aaron Williams said it best:

https://twitter.com/...431094948913152

Edited by Derek in Va

Credit where it is due. But the OP was pretty general, so just about anything could have counted.

With that said, I'm pretty shocked. Good luck to Marrone and let's fine someone better. Cowher anyone?

I think it's either Schwartz or Reich.

Its not just Marrone gone because Terry Pegula wouldn't give Nathaniel Hackett an extension :thumbsup:

as the good news just keeps coming

Bill Polian to take over the football operations side late Jan :thumbsup:

More good new as Jason LaCanfora says Bills adviser Buddy Nix will not be offered a new contract once his expires next month :worthy:

Man, you gotta let us know when you get more of these feelings :lol: