Suh suspension overturned [was: at it again]

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't see how anyone can say this was intentional if you watch this angle. Please disregard the beginning of the clip in which the poster calls people haters. Just watch the video. Suh is a dirty player, no doubt, but I just don't see it in this case. JMO.

I disagree 100%. The first one maybe, the second one where he lifted his other foot off of the ground to put all of his weight on the ankle, you must be insane or a Lions homer to think it was questionable.

According to a CBS (related anyway it seems) website, suspended for the playoff game against the cowgirls.

http://det.247sports...wboys--34206487

try looking at this angle.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't see how anyone can say this was intentional if you watch this angle. Please disregard the beginning of the clip in which the poster calls people haters. Just watch the video. Suh is a dirty player, no doubt, but I just don't see it in this case. JMO.

It's near impossible to decipher intent in situations like this. I do, however, suspect Suh knew he was stepping on something other than the ground, and made no reflexive move to pull his foot away. That's what I would expect someone to do if they were stepping on someone.

I watched it again from another angle. The step itself appears to be accidental, but if you look closely, you'll see he put his full weight down on that last step. After further review, that part was intentional. Suspend him for the playoffs, and fine the TEAM hugely. Hold the Lions accountable for getting a grip on his antics.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/6CC91C34A81161142934222381056_3df6d7e829f.1.4.16078336089769570529.mp4?versionId=jGw2E4ICHUPfw5.ZbttyEtcDWdvQPWow

I don't see how that angle is any different. He stepped on Rodgers and shifted all of his weight to one foot once he realized he was on him or someone. Not a stomp but intentional none the less.

The one here shows it much more clearly. But even in that one, you can see he puts all of his weight on the 2nd step knowing full well he is not standing on ground.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8B7E872DDB1161142806417653760_3e9fe9bbc83.1.4.11955095508783304649.mp4?versionId=t7zMTWXvgsgyPv6qf679189bILT0jZei

Edited by CodeMonkey

IDK when you're reputation is being a dirty player, and you have done that and even worse before to other players.One starts to lose the give him a break attitude. Not paying attention but have the Lions even come to his defense on this? Not that I have seen. All I Heard is that they need the decision quickly because they need to game plan.

A fine simply will not be enough. but the commish has to possibly bench a big time player for the playoffs? The decision will most likely be based on what is good for the league, and not quarterback or player safety by a lunatic player. Once again the almighty buck is at the heart of thism issue like others this year. If Rodgers was seriously hurt no doubt as much as a lifetime ban would have been forthcoming.

I do not believe there was any intent. He stepped and tried to step back and happened to catch another leg.

No intent and no fine or suspension.

That might be a reasonable defense for most guys, but it's happened over and over with Suh so he is going to be judged in that context.

Suh suspended for playoff game:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451443/article/nfl-suspends-ndamukong-suh-for-one-game

This was also ironically after Rodgers returned from injuring his calf and missing some of the game. I think Suh knew exactly what he was doing. Just because it doesn't look intended, doesn't mean at least the second step wasn't. He's a filthy player and always has been.

His back was to Rogers as his focus was on the outcome of the pass. Unintentional IMO. League over reacted , which seems to be their deal these days

That explains his foot contacting Rodgers- how do you get through the rest of the incident? That he lost his balance and had to put all his weight on the unsettled foot to recover?

yeah, I think that reputation of Suh caught up with him. If this was any other player, this wouldn't have been a story, let alone investigated by the league. Suh was being blocked on the first step and the inertia made it tough for him to go forward immediately. The only thing he could have done that would shut up the skeptics was to fall backwards and down which could have been worse for Rodgers and himself.

Have to wonder too if the leagues reaction would have been if different players were involved. Let's say the DT was wilfork and the QB was Orton. Would the league do anything ? Me thinks not

+1 But Suh is a dirt bag and deserves a life time banishment. Remember the previous incident where he wiped his cleats off in someones face? Screw Suh! Send him packing!

Suh is a piece of chit.

stepped on rodgers on purpose.

if you "accidentally" step on something, don't you immediately look down to see what it is ? not walk nonchalantly away.

a one game suspension is in order.

cottrell will over turn the suspension but uphold the fine (it's what he always does).

I was being neutral I think people went way overboard including the league...Suh is definitely a dirty player but this one was childs play

I was being neutral I think people went way overboard including the league...Suh is definitely a dirty player but this one was childs play

Sorry it doesn't add up. Child's play for a guy with a history of crossing the line into dirty plays isn't child's play. His body of work has shown a disregard for the health and safety of other players in the league. He deserves what he gets.

His back was to Rogers as his focus was on the outcome of the pass. Unintentional IMO. League over reacted , which seems to be their deal these days

Rodgers left the game earlier due to a bad left calf, and that's the exact spot Suh steps on? Not unintentional at all. Plus I think Troy Aikman said it best during the game. On the field you know what you're stepping on, if it isn't flat and grass, you know it's another player and you move as quick as you can (paraphrasing obviously)

And I'm going on record now that my gut feeling is the league gave the 1 game to come across as tough but on appeal they'll drop it to the largest fine they can legally hit him with.

Rodgers left the game earlier due to a bad left calf, and that's the exact spot Suh steps on? Not unintentional at all. Plus I think Troy Aikman said it best during the game. On the field you know what you're stepping on, if it isn't flat and grass, you know it's another player and you move as quick as you can (paraphrasing obviously)

And I'm going on record now that my gut feeling is the league gave the 1 game to come across as tough but on appeal they'll drop it to the largest fine they can legally hit him with.

Exactly.

When I first saw the replay I saw the first step backwards and thought "that looks accidental" but then he takes another step backward and kind of teaters on Rogers leg. That's not accidental no matter which way you slice it. After the first step he new he wa in someone and then to take another that was malicious. There was no reason to. And it's not like he attempts to get off Rogers leg quickly.

But yea that league as some "agenda" to let the Cowboys win. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Sorry it doesn't add up. Child's play for a guy with a history of crossing the line into dirty plays isn't child's play. His body of work has shown a disregard for the health and safety of other players in the league. He deserves what he gets.

Im not defending Suh at all. Football is a rough sport and anyone that has played the game knows there is alot worse going on throughout the course of the game. In the big picture, take Suhs name out of it and let it be any player, and what I saw was in fact childs play. I remember being at the bottom of the pile having my eyes gouged and bony promininces intentionally thrust in to me. This incident was weak at best. Edited by billsfan_34

Im not defending Suh at all. Football is a rough sport and anyone that has played the game knows there is alot worse going on throughout the course of the game. In the big picture, take Suhs name out of it and let it be any player, and what I saw was in fact childs play. I remember being at the bottom of the pile having my eyes gouged and bony promininces intentionally thrust in to me. This incident was weak at best.

If eye gouging was caught it would be punished too (see Spikes, Brandon at Florida). None of that is needed.

His back was to Rogers the whole time. How in the world did he know exactly where Rogers left calf was?

His back was to Rogers the whole time. How in the world did he know exactly where Rogers left calf was?

I'll concede that maybe where his foot landed was coincidence, however the entire action shows he knew he was stepping on some part of him and made no effort to remove his foot as quick as he could've.

Im not defending Suh at all. Football is a rough sport and anyone that has played the game knows there is alot worse going on throughout the course of the game. In the big picture, take Suhs name out of it and let it be any player, and what I saw was in fact childs play. I remember being at the bottom of the pile having my eyes gouged and bony promininces intentionally thrust in to me. This incident was weak at best.

I'm not sure child's play consists of a 300lb man stepping on a spot on a player with no padding or equipment. But I agree, there are criminal acts occuring in those piles.

If eye gouging was caught it would be punished too (see Spikes, Brandon at Florida). None of that is needed.

I agree its not but happens all the time. And theres so much more that goes on. My point is what Suh did was wrong, he got caught...but the punishment didnt fit the infraction.

I agree its not but happens all the time. And theres so much more that goes on. My point is what Suh did was wrong, he got caught...but the punishment didnt fit the infraction.

it seemed like you were saying it didnt fit because other guys havent been caught (repeatedly). just because others arent caught, it shouldnt be unpunished. and this is far from his first incident, which means punishment usually escalates.

he didnt, but again, once he knew he was on rodgers why did he act like he did?

it seemed like you were saying it didnt fit because other guys havent been caught (repeatedly). just because others arent caught, it shouldnt be unpunished. and this is far from his first incident, which means punishment usually escalates.

he didnt, but again, once he knew he was on rodgers why did he act like he did?

Yup. The first step looks accidental, the second one not at all accidental. And he puts all his weight onto that foot and rocks on it. I don't believe it's a "Suh punishment" either his teammate was just suspended for purposely stepping on another player.

If it's malicious the league is going to punish.