We lost today

Webster Guy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how some posters can't enjoy a victory. The love of misery is profound. The expectation of failure so profound that it is experienced before the actual event over and over again before the game even begins. When the team wins, something negative must be gleaned to maintain the validity of the "loss that never materialized". A true loser mentality.

Wrong. The "loser mentality" is when you get excited over winning a meaningless game against

a backup rookie qb instead of being smart and using real game situations to develop your players so you can climb out of this playoff drought.

I have a few thousand posts, and 99% of them are very optimistic. I just think we need to use every precious minute of regular season games to our advantage for the future when we're out of playoff contention.

I see what some people mean by saying EJ hasn't practiced with the first team in months so it would be a waste of time.

Wrong. The "loser mentality" is when you get excited over winning a meaningless game against

a backup rookie qb instead of being smart and using real game situations to develop your players so you can climb out of this playoff drought.

I have a few thousand posts, and 99% of them are very optimistic. I just think we need to use every precious minute of regular season games to our advantage for the future when we're out of playoff contention.

I see what some people mean by saying EJ hasn't practiced with the first team in months so it would be a waste of time.

a loser mentality is when you lose so much you actually believe that losing develops players and there is actually some thing known as meaningless games .

Saying that we dont have to win this game is exactly a loser would say and exactly how you end up 15 years without the playoffs .

Every game is a must win for a winner and every situation is all about doing one thing winning the game you are playing not games you havent played yet . You spend too much trying to win future games and you end up 15 years down the line having won nothing ...oh wait

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Did Orton need more playing time so we can evaluate him, or did EJ?

Moves like this are so painfully shortsighted its laughable.

big deal we play for the draft every year and look were that has gotten us. I'd rather win and establish a winning atitude.

Orton plays better than ej regardless, next.

They did snap the Pats* 35 game home win streak against AFCEast rivals.

That's a win in my book! Gotta hurt the Cheats pride a little.

Maybe they were retooling the stadium so they can cheat on their playoff rivals... So it could have been a mercy !@#k that they gave us! LoL...

agreed not to mention our first victory at Gillette. I am not sure what original poster is whining about. Didn't we play the pats last year in a meaningless game against pats and get blown out? What that of been a better option? I will take 9-7, pick 50, and a 1 game winning streak against pats

We have EJ Manuel for at least two more years, he will get another chance, in the meantime, he needs to get every opportunity to get better. Learn the whole playbook and watch film.

Learning a playbook designed by Hackett is about as useful and productive as reading a trashy romance paperbook.

a loser mentality is when you lose so much you actually believe that losing develops players and there is actually some thing known as meaningless games .

Saying that we dont have to win this game is exactly a loser would say and exactly how you end up 15 years without the playoffs .

Every game is a must win for a winner and every situation is all about doing one thing winning the game you are playing not games you havent played yet . You spend too much trying to win future games and you end up 15 years down the line having won nothing ...oh wait

And we all know what happens when a team sacrifices during an already losing season and strategically loses on purpose to build for a future... Look at what happened when the Colts "Sucked for Luck"... will they ever recover? Oh wait...

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Jerry Sullivan, is that you?

big deal we play for the draft every year and look were that has gotten us. I'd rather win and establish a winning atitude.

Orton plays better than ej regardless, next.

I'm with you BB. We don't have a first round pick so what is the point on a draft status in the second? I'm torn as I like that we beat NE in Foxboro whether meaningless or not, and when we lost to the Steelers a decade ago with many of their back ups, we were even more deflated. So, I like we won, and nice to finish with a winning season.

It does make it even harder to stomach had we won against KC and Oakland, we'd be playing next week. We didn't so it's over. It just sucks to be in this position again. God I remember the days when we were going to the playoffs almost every year and you just expected it.

This is what getting better looks like. Sometimes teams get to this point and slip back, and sometimes they keep getting better. A winning record is nice, like shaking hands with your sister.

Yep. It sure doesn't look like the Fish, who lost 37-24 to the JETS at home and made GENO look like a HOFer. That's the coach who needs fired, and I am so glad they are keeping him. That's the team everyone said had "turned the corner" this year. Nope.

agreed not to mention our first victory at Gillette. I am not sure what original poster is whining about. Didn't we play the pats last year in a meaningless game against pats and get blown out? What that of been a better option? I will take 9-7, pick 50, and a 1 game winning streak against pats

All of the posters in the prediction thread who threw up scores like 49-10 and we would get blown out by Jimmy G because it was a classic Run for the Bus game are pissed and have to think of other things to b*tch about. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yes I understand the sentiment here...If the playoffs dot dot dot Super Bowl is the ultimate goal then why don't teams keep that as the modus operandi...No the coach's egos take over...A rational approach would be to use these meaningless games to get better for next year...look at players and schemes like pre season..not just placate the fans with a meaningless win over a team that rests their best players.... Does anyone think that Brady and Gronk wouldn't have won this game in the 2nd half..Not trying to poop in your pop corn but let's be honest...

Yes I understand the sentiment here...If the playoffs dot dot dot Super Bowl is the ultimate goal then why don't teams keep that as the modus operandi...No the coach's egos take over...A rational approach would be to use these meaningless games to get better for next year...look at players and schemes like pre season..not just placate the fans with a meaningless win over a team that rests their best players.... Does anyone think that Brady and Gronk wouldn't have won this game in the 2nd half..Not trying to poop in your pop corn but let's be honest...

Why are you trying to sell an alternate reality. What you wanted to happen didn't. I wanted to see a win. You wanted to see something else.

Marrone wanted to have the first winning season in a decade. He figured the Pats would be playing scrubs for at least half the game and I suspect if the Bills would have put up some points in the 3rd and built a comfortable lead, he may have put Manuel in for the 4th, but we will probably never know.

In terms of QB development it was short sighted, assuming Manuel is considered the "QB of the future". However if the Bills are still looking for a starting QB and are not at all sold on Manuel, then what Marrone did makes perfect sense. No one will remember it was a meaningless game to NE and the 2nd half was a Pats scrub-fest. All that will be remembered is that Marrone got the Bills a winning season. That is good for momentum for the team going into the off season, and looks great on Marrone's resume as well.

Marrone wanted to have the first winning season in a decade. He figured the Pats would be playing scrubs for at least half the game and I suspect if the Bills would have put up some points in the 3rd and built a comfortable lead, he may have put Manuel in for the 4th, but we will probably never know.

In terms of QB development it was short sighted, assuming Manuel is considered the "QB of the future". However if the Bills are still looking for a starting QB and are not at all sold on Manuel, then what Marrone did makes perfect sense. No one will remember it was a meaningless game to NE and the 2nd half was a Pats scrub-fest. All that will be remembered is that Marrone got the Bills a winning season. That is good for momentum for the team going into the off season, and looks great on Marrone's resume as well.

Exactly. This is what I was trying to say from the beginning. I guess I'm assuming we are still going to give EJ another chance, if not then of course we want the win, even if its a scrub win.

Is the goal to get 9 wins or to win a superbowl? If its the latter then the preseason for next year starts the second you're mathematically eliminated.

My hatred of the Pats isnt as strong as my desire to win a ring.

I also believe EJ would have won the game for us, but I guess I'm more optimistic than most.