Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

If this coaching staff ever thought Orton was an answer, they should be fired right away. We have 9 years of him not being the answer.

He went 6-0 with Denver and somehow missed the playoffs.

Yeah, this means nothing. What happened against Miami, Orton and Manuel's only common opponent?

We score tds in every one of EJ's starts. We failed to do so in 2 of Orton's.

What he did in Denver means nothing here ? You seem to be stuck in 5 years ago

It doesn't matter if they have common opponents if one guy had minicamp and training camp and the other guy steps in week 4 again some of you have a very serious problem with the facts and context.

We lost both CJ and Fred and started throwing 39 times per game but EJ wouldve suddenly went Shane Falco and starting lightning it up in your history rewrite .

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is CLASSIC WGR material...game doesnt matter who cares.....unless they lose - then all they will talk about is how far away the Bills are from the Pats. Hopefully most of you can think for yourself beating New England would be a good win anytime anyplace.

its pretty simple guys best players play -

Playing Orton does absolutely nothing for the Bills organization in either the short- or the long-term. Orton DOES NOT give the Bills the best chance to win (Jesus if I hear that statement just one more time...). Hopefully Maroon has punched his ticket out of Buffalo with the asinine decision to play Orton. Git 'er dun Doug Whaley.

Starting Orton at this point. means that coaching and personnel staff have seen enough of EJ already to know that he is done.

And hopefully the new owners understand that the HC is also done, among others.

What he did in Denver means nothing here ? You seem to be stuck in 5 years ago

It doesn't matter if they have common opponents if one guy had minicamp and training camp and the other guy steps in week 4 again some of you have a very serious problem with the facts and context.

We lost both CJ and Fred and started throwing 39 times per game but EJ wouldve suddenly went Shane Falco and starting lightning it up in your history rewrite .

Now imagine EJ played about like we've seen. For 10 years. And then we benched a first rounder with a dozen starts for 10 year ej.

The way I'm wired. What an asshat. Or assvisor I guess.

True....I thought it was really odd when he said he hasn't looked into the off season about who they have for QB next year. The weird part was he then said I haven't talked to Whaley or Russ about it either. I thought Russ had nothing to do with football anymore? I think it shows also that Marrone is Russ Brandon's boy and he was the one who hired him. Time for Russ and Marrone to go. I am sure Russ will stay and just hope Marrone is gone.

EJ Manuel's 10 game rookie year production was on par with Joe Flacco's 16 game rookie season. In an interesting bit of irony, Joe Flacco might have had a worse game against the Texans this week than what EJ had against them in week 4. I was ok with benching EJ at the time because his game may have been collapsing worse than the Bills' pass protection vs. the Texans. But I am not ok with him not seeing the field for meaningful plays the rest of the year. Quite frankly, I'd find it much easier watching EJ make mistakes than Kyle. I could convince myself that EJ might learn form his.

I have little confidence that this coaching staff has the juice to be developing him away from in game experience. I really hope I am wrong about that. It feels like a wasted year.

Whether any of us agree or not, EJ had 20 games. He had 2 pre-season, and 10 games last year, and 4 pre-season, and 4 regular season games this year. He had two off seasons to learn the playbook, and ota's, etc. Look at Derrick Carr on an inferior team. It's not fair to EJ to constantly compare him to Luck, Wilson, etc. but Carr is a fair comparison.

Carr looks a lot better, more accurate, and has almost nothing around him. That's why I believe the Raiders will be an attractive place for a head coach as he'll have a QB, and some pieces to the team. I just can't forget how terrible he played in the pre-season and then again in the regular season. The Texans game was horrendous.

So EJ to me is not the answer, and Orton isnot the answer. I was listening to Rich Gannon yesterday, and he interviewed a few weeks back Orton. He was disturbed by his answers. I'm paraphrasing, but Gannon asks "Why didn't you leave Dallas", Orton, "I was just having too much fun playing with my kids", then Gannon "What about next year for the Bills", Orton, "I'm not sure, we'll see".

Gannon was astounded as to how aloof Orton was in his responses. He stated, "Are you kidding me, I want a leader who is going to live in the playbook, be around the facilities, get my young receivers to workout with me in the off season, and get ready to make the playoffs next year. He was infuriated, and felt bad for the Bills fans stating they need another answer at QB.

Anyway, he's right. The part that sucks as we all know is we have almost no better options. The only option is to see if one of the second tier QB's can be a stop gap for us. Who? Cutler is a mess, Foles, maybe, Cousins, no, Matt Moore, maybe. There really isn't a great solution. That's what really sucks is Whaley I believe will be able to keep most pieces in place for the defense, and will most likely bolster us up again on the offense in more pieces with lineman, TE's, possibly another RB, etc. Even with these additions, without a QB, we're at best a 9-7 team again.

The one bright spot is we play the NFC East, and AFC South, then will get the Chiefs (3rd in AFC West), and the Ravens (3rd in AFC North). That's a manageable schedule.

2015 Bills Opponents

So EJ to me is not the answer, and Orton isnot the answer. I was listening to Rich Gannon yesterday, and he interviewed a few weeks back Orton. He was disturbed by his answers. I'm paraphrasing, but Gannon asks "Why didn't you leave Dallas", Orton, "I was just having too much fun playing with my kids", then Gannon "What about next year for the Bills", Orton, "I'm not sure, we'll see".

Gannon was astounded as to how aloof Orton was in his responses. He stated, "Are you kidding me, I want a leader who is going to live in the playbook, be around the facilities, get my young receivers to workout with me in the off season, and get ready to make the playoffs next year. He was infuriated, and felt bad for the Bills fans stating they need another answer at QB.

Yep. I get the feeling that, for Orton, it's a nice job to have, making millions, and he's "professional", and he wants to win, but he is comfortable regardless. No real drive. I doubt he loses sleep over not making the playoffs, he is just a mercenary, who doesn't have a real close relationship to his latest teammates.

The best guys are really competitive. Guys whose self image is determined by how they do on the field. Losing tears them up, and it's a PERSONAL FAILING to them. I mentioned somewhere that when Tom Brady loses the lead in a game at any point, he goes "Red Alert". He is up and ready to go, chomping at the bit to get out there, and has a real URGENCY to his play. Gotta have that. Harbaugh is like that too (can't stand him, and don't see him coming here, or even want him necessarily).

Edited by HoF Watkins

according to WGR

I think Marrone wants that W and they will sell it harder than the GB game

He should have wanted that W against the Raiders.

He stated, "Are you kidding me, I want a leader who is going to live in the playbook, be around the facilities, get my young receivers to workout with me in the off season, and get ready to make the playoffs next year. He was infuriated, and felt bad for the Bills fans stating they need another answer at QB.

And a leader who dives head first on 3rd and 1, rather than sliding down for a 2 yard loss.

Edited by Azucho98

He should have wanted that W against the Raiders.

He stated, "Are you kidding me, I want a leader who is going to live in the playbook, be around the facilities, get my young receivers to workout with me in the off season, and get ready to make the playoffs next year. He was infuriated, and felt bad for the Bills fans stating they need another answer at QB.

And a leader who dives head first on 3rd and 1, rather than sliding down for a 2 yard loss.

This! I would have made the switch at QB on the next series, how are you going to win with no heart?