Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A win and taking Brady and Gronk out would have the entire NFL happy!!

That would be amazing but I was REALLY hoping New England* would need the game and the Bills could cost them the #1 seed.

Now there is nothing to really root for, and a win might just cement everyone in place (which I'm not sure is good)

He has too much pride to put EJ in.

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

Correct on point one...could you imagine if EJ lit up the first team NE defense?

Point 2...maybe they are hoping he does opt out so throw him to the wolves?

I'm not sure Marrone wants to deal with the line of questioning that could come if EJ looks good against NE (considering they may not be playing their hardest, the evaluation would be inconclusive). Yet media and some fans would still want to know why he stuck with Orton - look! EJ threw for 250 and 2tds! - instead of going back to EJ sooner.

But I'm in the "Beat NE, I do not care who doesn't need game" camp!

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

I agree with the pride thing...But if they are truly worried about Orton opting out when he's clearly...I mean absolutely not good enough...Well...That would be ridiculous.... They better have a better plan than Orton...Or we're in big trouble...again... B-)

CBF

I'm not a Marrone fan but if I were Pegula this game would mean nothing to me. If EJ started and lit it up....so what. Orton looks bad or good....so what? I would not be grading anyone on this game unless they had some unprofessional action.

I think Marrone should be gone but not at all because of anything that happens in this game. It should not save him either. If Pegula is inclined to keep him as of now, nothing in the NE game should damage that.

Edited by 4merper4mer

If EJ were to perform well and win it would make Marrone look like a maroon

This is what I choose to believe also.

@ChrisBrownBills: Why Marrone went Orton over EJ http://t.co/8hh9up3aNL

Sure ! Better to end the season with doubt than to play EJ and risk a good performance by him. Meaningless game, reduce the odds of a controversy.

@ChrisBrownBills: Why Marrone went Orton over EJ http://t.co/8hh9up3aNL

The game means a lot to me. We’re going to play the players that we feel give us the best chance to win,” said Marrone. “That’s just the way that I’m wired and that’s my responsibility to the team.

The way I'm wired. What an asshat. Or assvisor I guess.