Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would anyone think EJ Manuel not a viable NFL quarterback? http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/13793/manuel-at-bottom-of-nfls-qbr-chart

Dude is a bust. Get over it. Finis. As big a pile of dung as Orton is he still stinks less than EJ. Neither will be on the Bills opening day roster next season.

You're probably the same dude who called Darues or Gilmore busts after year 2.

Calling any player a bust after 2 years, much less a qb, is straight up dumb. But if EJ does become a bust, you will win an award for calling it first. You should be proud!

Why would anyone think EJ Manuel not a viable NFL quarterback? http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/13793/manuel-at-bottom-of-nfls-qbr-chart

Dude is a bust. Get over it. Finis. As big a pile of dung as Orton is he still stinks less than EJ. Neither will be on the Bills opening day roster next season.

Heres to hoping youre wrong, i dont see a better option for us in 2015

You're probably the same dude who called Darues or Gilmore busts after year 2.

Calling any player a bust after 2 years, much less a qb, is straight up dumb. But if EJ does become a bust, you will win an award for calling it first. You should be proud!

So, you're saying you think Tebow was given a raw deal, too? After all, he had a better QBR and record than EJ, plus rushed for a ton more yardage, had 29 TDs to EJ's 19 AND won a playoff game. Good. We agree on something. Better to give Tebow a shot than Manuel.

He was 2-2. Last year, he was 4-6, one was the Cleveland game, & twice he left the field with the lead (ATL & NE).

The new flavor of the month here, Carr has been awful at times and has been allowed to play through it.

I don't know what Orton has been doing that EJ can't. We win despite Orton and the offense.

You made the comparison. I don't think it was a sure thing. You're sure EJ would go 8-8? Sure, like certain?

If not, is 8-8 with Orton worse than 7-9 with EJ? 6-10 with EJ? etc. etc.

Edited by FireChan

I wonder if Orton would say, "screw it," decline his option if he were benched for this game? Obviously (to me, anyway), I would hope that we find a better option at QB before next preseason. But, if we don't, which is not unlikely, I would hate to walk into next season betting "all-in" on EJ, again. KO may very well be starting week one, 2015.

I feel confident we would be no worse than 7-9 with EJ. Go through the schedule and see what games we would have won and lost with him qll season. I did a month or so ago and i came up with 7-9 for EJ and 8-8 for orton. Not tryin to jump your discussion, its just what i have been thinkin

So, you're saying you think Tebow was given a raw deal, too? After all, he had a better QBR and record than EJ, plus rushed for a ton more yardage, had 29 TDs to EJ's 19 AND won a playoff game. Good. We agree on something. Better to give Tebow a shot than Manuel.

Tebow actually threw for 17 TDs in 23 games. EJ has thrown for 16 TDs in 14 games.

Even when you try to use stats you have to resort to lying and manipulation to make your point seem valid.

You made the comparison. I don't think it was a sure thing. You're sure EJ would go 8-8? Sure, like certain?

If not, is 8-8 with Orton worse than 7-9 with EJ? 6-10 with EJ? etc. etc.

Given how unproductive Orton had been, I don't think it's a stretch. We don't win games because of our offense. Me or you could have won the GB game as a qb.

I wanted the playoffs before the season. At the very least, I wanted to see EJ got a lot of starts to see how grew. We got nothing but going .500 with a career .500 qb who has no upside.

But my girlfriend will be happy. First Bills game in forever I won't get angry after. Orton makes me feel numb. :)

Add in his rushing TDs, junior.

To put your stupidity in perspective...EJ would literally need to play NINE straight games with only one total passing TD to be as bad of a passer.

I don't know about you, but that is pretty bad. Like, so bad that it's not really comparable. Sorry.

Given how unproductive Orton had been, I don't think it's a stretch. We don't win games because of our offense. Me or you could have won the GB game as a qb.

I wanted the playoffs before the season. At the very least, I wanted to see EJ got a lot of starts to see how grew. We got nothing but going .500 with a career .500 qb who has no upside.

But my girlfriend will be happy. First Bills game in forever I won't get angry after. Orton makes me feel numb. :)

I don't know man. Sure Orton hasn't been an improvement in PPG or the red zone really. But he racks up more passing yards, which translates to longer drives which translates to less time on the field for the defense. It requires a more in depth analysis than pure PPG.

He has too much pride to put EJ in.

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

I just don't see it that way. IMO, Manuel isn't a Bust, he's a never-was. But he'll be 'competing' in camp cuz there's faces to save..

To put your stupidity in perspective...EJ would literally need to play NINE straight games with only one total passing TD to be as bad of a passer.

I don't know about you, but that is pretty bad. Like, so bad that it's not really comparable. Sorry.

Watch the stupidity, Ace. EJ career attempts: 437 | Tebow career attempts: 361