Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

The thing that bothers me the most is this is an example of the same old Bills. They had a chance to buck the trend, (you beat GB which no one expected), and to stay alive you have to beat a 2-12 team and you fail. It's why the Bills aren't taken seriously on a national level and they continue to be a fringe middle of the pack team. Good teams beat teams they should beat, and today the Bills showed that they still aren't a good team. We can sit here all day and argue about the QB play (terrible), the O line play (awful), and the D(which wasn't as lights out as it has been), but to me the facts are this. Our head coach is responsible for motivating his players and team and making sure they're prepared to play and they failed miserably. Our Offensive coordinator runs more screen passes than anyone I've ever seen (screens should be used as a disruption play to slow down aggressive D, not an every passing down play), failed to adjust for the fact that Mack was abusing Henderson (chip him, keep a TE in etc) and all year long has continued to think he is smarter than other coaches by bucking successful trends to win games. He doesn't seem to ever game plan for a particular opponent, it seems to be the same generic plan rolled out week after week.

You said it. Complete failure to adjust or even know what the in game problems are/how to adjust. Hackett is a god awful mess of an amateur, but I can't blame him and not Marrone. This is Marrone's offense and he runs the show. He's as clueless as Nathaniel.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After what Michigan went through with Brady Hoke, why would anyone in their right mind think Michigan would want to hire Doug Marrone? Will Michigan be satisfied with the Pinstripe Bowl? He is not a quality head coach, unless it's D3 maybe. Michigan fans would riot if they brought Marrone in. Urban Meyer would abuse him worse than Belichick. Marrone will be in Buffalo for another disappointing season.

I agree.

I saw on TV where wolverines are supposed to be intelligent animals.

But if that's wrong I hope Doug takes his love child OC with him.

While the performance of the offense this year has been horrific often, I'd be surprised if Pegula blows it all up considering that the Bills have their best record in ten years. There have been some losses which really sting (ie Kansas City, Miami, Oakland, Denver), in which Marrone declined to go for 4th and 1s late. That's one part of Marrone's in game management which I question, but the Bills have also pulled out some of their best wins in a long time this season too. I'd say Marrone gets at least one more season as head coach, to see if he can get to 10 or more wins next year.

I'm not stuck with that idiot. If he is the coach next year and Hackett is his OC and Orton is still possibly the starting QB.....I'm not gonna watch this trainwreck. I have better things to do than watch these cluess clowns anymore.

+ 1. Seriously.

Has anyone considered that our likely "best" record in a decade is due to a really soft NFC schedule? I would rather look at the hideous AFC record we have and the fact that we let the Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins beat us. We live in the AFC East with Brady. We need to really improve to have any chance. Marrone is not the answer. We can keep him around but all that will do is cause our good defensive players to bail in free agency.

If you ask me...he said it because he knows his job is safe for at least another year.......

I just hope that Marrone realizes that this team has talent....is close....and needs to fix the offensive side of the ball

What evidence have you ever seen from Marrone that he is flexible in any way when that flexibility would require an examination of his underlying assumption that he is Saint Doug?

I just hope that Marrone realizes that this team has talent....is close....and needs to fix the offensive side of the ball

Don't you think he already knew that coming into this season? I do.

Don't you think he already tried to fix it with every option he could come up with? I do.

I just think he isn't good enough. There is no excuse big enough for what they fielded yesterday. He just isn't that good. That team should have been prepared better and should have played better. He couldn't get that team to perform in the first half and he couldn't get them to rally in the second half. You don't get many opportunities to play teams as bad as Oakland when you have your season on the line.

What evidence have you ever seen from Marrone that he is flexible in any way when that flexibility would require an examination of his underlying assumption that he is Saint Doug?

I went to the GB game early to watch warmups and I saw Doug doing some great toe-touches. He's surprisingly flexible for a man of his age and size.

I went to the GB game early to watch warmups and I saw Doug doing some great toe-touches. He's surprisingly flexible for a man of his age and size.

Although I have no reason to doubt you, that type of flexibility only bolsters his assumption that he is Saint Doug. He's probably be better off if he slipped a disk like Beerboy does when he attempts to touch his toes....at least he assumes they're still down there. The time in traction might cause Marrone to realize he is not infallible and he might seek help.

What are the odds that the three wise men in the manger scene on Marrone's front yard have all had Doug's likeness photoshopped onto them?

Although I have no reason to doubt you, that type of flexibility only bolsters his assumption that he is Saint Doug. He's probably be better off if he slipped a disk like Beerboy does when he attempts to touch his toes....at least he assumes they're still down there. The time in traction might cause Marrone to realize he is not infallible and he might seek help.

What are the odds that the three wise men in the manger scene on Marrone's front yard have all had Doug's likeness photoshopped onto them?

If they don't currently, they will by tonight! I think that's a brilliant idea. :lol:

I'm not stuck with that idiot. If he is the coach next year and Hackett is his OC and Orton is still possibly the starting QB.....I'm not gonna watch this trainwreck. I have better things to do than watch these cluess clowns anymore.

My sense is Pegula's will, for better or worse, follow up the $1B with big money for new management and coaching. Why spend $1B and let a couple college coaches run it? I think the Marrone era is over simply b/c new long term ownership is in town and they will study it, get some recommendations and then put their own people in. Nothing against Marrone and crew, I just think new owner means means new management. A rash of key IR-type injuries trashes whatever you do, but assuming that away, at 8 -8 , they are coaching , a decent QB and a couple drafted OLinemen from being 11-5 or better. All coaching candidates will probably see that. Ralph's imminent demise scared high end guys off until now. This could be the year they get a real NFL coaching staff. We shall see.

Edited by 8and8Forever

My sense is Pegula's will, for better or worse, follow up the $1B with big money for new management and coaching. Why spend $1B and let a couple college coaches run it? I think the Marrone era is over simply b/c new long term ownership is in town and they will study it, get some recommendations and then put their own people in.

I don't know about this.

Pegula: "what has he (Marrone) done wrong?"

You said it. Complete failure to adjust or even know what the in game problems are/how to adjust. Hackett is a god awful mess of an amateur, but I can't blame him and not Marrone. This is Marrone's offense and he runs the show. He's as clueless as Nathaniel.

Also, Marrone should have fired "can't" Hackett 1/2 way through the season, or at the end of last year. Or demoted him and took over the OC responsibilities. This is what most NFL HC's would have done, but Marrone is too stubborn to change.

That was a better answer then I was gonna give.......

I don't know about this.

Pegula: "what has he (Marrone) done wrong?"

he stuck with his buddy Hackett for far too long with far too little production......

For Marrone to stay:

- He needs to hire a Schwartz equiv OC

- Get a REAL OL coach in here

- Become a game manager delegating down on the O side oft the ball HC. Does anyone think Marrone is involved in hardly ANY of the decisions on the D side of the ball?

Does anyone think Marrone is involved in hardly ANY of the decisions on the D side of the ball?

I envision the two of them (along with other defensive position coaches) sitting in a meeting where they discuss how to defend the offense on the upcoming game. I envision Schwartz doing most of the talking and Marrone doing a lot of head nodding. Then I envision Marrone saying - "Sounds like a good plan." as he rubber stamps the defensive game plan. "Go get'em coach".

That is about it. I like living in fantasy land though.