Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard his comments made at the end of his presser.

He was just goofing around, but it does show some insight into his mentality.

A bit.

I wouldn't read too much into this.

To me, when the camera shows him on the sideline of the games, he looks like a man heading for the firing line, and he knows it.

We'll see if I'm right.

Looks like a man who needs his gall bladder removed

After what Michigan went through with Brady Hoke, why would anyone in their right mind think Michigan would want to hire Doug Marrone? Will Michigan be satisfied with the Pinstripe Bowl? He is not a quality head coach, unless it's D3 maybe. Michigan fans would riot if they brought Marrone in. Urban Meyer would abuse him worse than Belichick. Marrone will be in Buffalo for another disappointing season.

considering last year they went to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (and lost) and this year were not even bowl eligible, yes I think they would.

Edited by YoloinOhio

well, 8-8 is OK if ownership had not just changed. Pegulas will take a hard look at this. You don't spend $1B and worry about the cost of cutting a guy you did not hire in the first place. So, assuming they get crushed by the Pats again, you can look to regime change I think. They failed with EJ, they put their jobs in his hands and the guy can't play, so you move on . I see it all getting blown up myself.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I must admit when we hired this guy I thought he was going to show emotion on the sidelines.

Now, I know that a coach who shows his emotions on the sidelines doesnt make him a good coach but I am just tired of seeing a coma-faced coach when they show a shot of him after a stupid penalty or when we give up a big play. I like to see a reaction. I want to see him get pissed. I want to see him shouting and cheering. I am upset that we dont have this in Marrone.

I mean look at Mike Tomlin yesterday after that taunting penalty.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

When asked about the michigan job Marrone said "you're stuck with me" during post game. What a comment. You should never make a statement like that when you have a new boss/owner

This guy.

"You're stuck with me" is a line that is supposed to be used by someone we want to have stay. You know, like Greg Popovich or someone. Sadly, I think Marrone knows this and feels like he is our "Saint Doug" and that nobody would ever want him to leave.

:bag:

I'm not stuck with that idiot. If he is the coach next year and Hackett is his OC and Orton is still possibly the starting QB.....I'm not gonna watch this trainwreck. I have better things to do than watch these cluess clowns anymore.

Best season in a decade no matter how much this loss stings. Its that type of loser mentality that that we are trying to get rid of. This young team improved with terrible qb play and oline lay and no running game. We go all in on qb and oline in the off-season and we will be alright. I agree with Orton not starting and possibly Hackett being replaced if there is a clear upgrade, but more than anything Whaley and the scouting department need to upgrade qb and oline in the off-season.

He's not going anywhere. He'll be back in 2015. Whaley is going to address the O-Line and QB situation. The only unanswered question is the status of Nate Hackett.

Agreed

Best season in a decade no matter how much this loss stings. Its that type of loser mentality that that we are trying to get rid of. This young team improved with terrible qb play and oline lay and no running game. We go all in on qb and oline in the off-season and we will be alright. I agree with Orton not starting and possibly Hackett being replaced if there is a clear upgrade, but more than anything Whaley and the scouting department need to upgrade qb and oline in the off-season.

I get people who feel this way, I really do, but seriously our record is almost 100% due to the defense. I don't think anyone would deny that. Meanwhile the offense, supposedly Marrone's specialty, is so horrifically bad that our 13-3 defense is completely wasted. There is no indication that Marrone has it within his skill set to do anything to improve the offense....it has gotten consistently worse since he got here. How is 2015 going to be the magic answer?

Look, he might be a nice guy or whatever but he is a bad, bad clueless, bad, clueless coach.

Which quarterback? What do you mean all in? You mean over-pay for some other re-tread schmuck?

If I am going to pick imaginary quarterbacks for my team and go all in on them, whatever that means, then give me Tom Brady, put him in a time machine and take him back to when he was 30 years old again. And then I'll take that guy.

He's not going anywhere. He'll be back in 2015. Whaley is going to address the O-Line and QB situation. The only unanswered question is the status of Nate Hackett.

most likely scenario IMO. The fact Russ Brandon felt comfortable enough to make the comments on air that he did last week tells all I need to know about Marrone's status.

After what Michigan went through with Brady Hoke, why would anyone in their right mind think Michigan would want to hire Doug Marrone? Will Michigan be satisfied with the Pinstripe Bowl? He is not a quality head coach, unless it's D3 maybe. Michigan fans would riot if they brought Marrone in. Urban Meyer would abuse him worse than Belichick. Marrone will be in Buffalo for another disappointing season.

Now that is what I'm talking about. Urban myer, bills HC

All the Marrone haters love crap like this. Lets take another statement and make a mountain out of a molehill. IMO Doug as the best head coach the Bills have had in years. And sadly, their record proves it. I am grateful he is not interested in a more lucrative offer. He is young and inexperienced, i believe he will only get better with time. The last thing this Organization needs is another turn over in coaching.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

All the Marrone haters love crap like this. Lets take another statement and make a mountain out of a molehill. IMO Doug as the best head coach the Bills have had in years. And sadly, their record proves it. I am grateful he is not interested in a more lucrative offer. He is young and inexperienced, i believe he will only get better with time. The last thing this Organization needs is another turn over in coaching.

Well I sure hope he doesn't get worse with time. How much time until he is an average NFL head coach? 15 years or so?