Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While the performance of the offense this year has been horrific often, I'd be surprised if Pegula blows it all up considering that the Bills have their best record in ten years. There have been some losses which really sting (ie Kansas City, Miami, Oakland, Denver), in which Marrone declined to go for 4th and 1s late. That's one part of Marrone's in game management which I question, but the Bills have also pulled out some of their best wins in a long time this season too. I'd say Marrone gets at least one more season as head coach, to see if he can get to 10 or more wins next year.

Do we know if those 4th down calls were Marrone's, or was it Hackett? If they were Marrone's, bad decisions - lack of guts. If instead he let Hackett make the call, the coach still gets some of the blame, as those kind of huge game changing decisions need to be made by him.

what he's saying is if we finish 8-8 or 9-7 we have had a good season and a great building block. I know as a fan base we don't have a clue how to build a winning team but firing the coach every 1 or 2 years doesn't do it. Quit your crying and step back...he's changed the culture, changed how they handle things its a much more professional team. They have some roster short comings on offense that were impossible to hide. Those short comings put games in the loss column, It's not the ridiculous we never go for it ..that's an argument for meat heads on WGR. A radio arguments about our offensive guards won't take place so they don't talk about it. Well respected NFL people with the experience of building a team have thought and said Marrone has done a great job to keep them competitive playing 15 meaningful games. That IS where it starts - if you can think for yourself you will realize there shouldn't be any other thought than Marrone is back and so is Whaley.

It was after being asked by Jerry Sullivan, of course, and he said it with a laugh.

I heard the laugh and Sullivan is not a favorite of mine. That being said...it is all about image. It might have been lighthearted and jovial but it will be and was taken wrong by fans.

Has anyone considered that our likely "best" record in a decade is due to a really soft NFC schedule? I would rather look at the hideous AFC record we have and the fact that we let the Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins beat us. We live in the AFC East with Brady. We need to really improve to have any chance. Marrone is not the answer. We can keep him around but all that will do is cause our good defensive players to bail in free agency.

Agreed and well said. Also, the D will age.

Not a Marrone fan but the above taken by itself shouldn't worry him IMO.

agreed.

Plus, judging by what we know of him and his character, I don't think he is focusing at all on what happens next Monday. I think he is focused on the Patriots and I think he is going to have this team ready to play.