Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thinking next Monday this time he will be.

Really? I can't help but doubt that. There have been tons of talented rosters with owners with large pocket books over the years, and Cowher hasn't gone anywhere. I don't see how the Bills are any different.

People of Buffalo. News for you. High end coaching talent will not come to Buffalo not mater how much the pay is. The weather sucks, The taxes sucks. Their spouses will tell them to screw themselves and go alone if they want the job so bad. The only coach Buffalo can attract is a someone who wants to prove something. They will not attract someone who has already proven something. Saint Doug is perfect for the job.

I like Marrone, he reminds me of a young Bill Parcells.... controversial at times, demanding, but the players respect him and play hard for him. Hope he sticks around, the team did make progress this year. Get a couple gaurds in FA, make a move for an established veteran QB, and with Kiko back, this team should be playoff bound next season.

I like Marrone, he reminds me of a young Bill Parcells.... controversial at times, demanding, but the players respect him and play hard for him. Hope he sticks around, the team did make progress this year.

The guys respected Jauron and Gailey and played hard for them too.

Yes, the team did make progress.

When asked about the michigan job Marrone said "you're stuck with me" during post game. What a comment. You should never make a statement like that when you have a new boss/owner

That was a boneheaded way to end the news conference. It was a jab in the eye to Bills fans who were sore after a horrible effort in Oakland.

That was a boneheaded way to end the news conference. It was a jab in the eye to Bills fans who were sore after a horrible effort in Oakland.

It was after being asked by Jerry Sullivan, of course, and he said it with a laugh.

This is the most sincere statement Marrone has made since he came to Buffalo (we are stuck with him because no other team college or pro wants anything to do with him).

How about, "Don't confuse effort with results." We're not, Dougie!!

A HC interview is as much for a team to interview the candidate as it is the candidate interviewing the team. No one wants to go to a team that doesn't have a solid plan, particularly at QB. Buffalo is short there going into 2015.

In hindsight and after reading Polian's book, I'm skeptical that Russ Brandon being involved and the leader to interview HC candidates in 2013 could work without a huge dose of luck. Nix and Whaley were better, but I don't think they had as much input on the decision to hire Marrone.

The big difference today is that everyone knows the franchise is in better hands. We'll see if there are further changes with new ownership, but I wouldn't discount the Bills under the Pegula's from getting better HC options if it comes to that.

People who think we have no chance to get a great, proven coach if we can Marrone need to get over their own self loathing.

Pegula will be willing to pay top dollar for coach and in free agency. We have a great defense already in place. We have great young receivers.

There are only 32 of these jobs and these guys want their place in history. If you win a Super Bowl in Buffalo your place in history is cemented. Maybe with Ralph this job was not desirable, but now I think we fire Pegula it very likely we bring in a super star coach.

Enough of this weak ass nobody will come to Buffalo garbage. It is simply not true and the people who carry on about it look sad.

People who think we have no chance to get a great, proven coach if we can Marrone need to get over their own self loathing.

Pegula will be willing to pay top dollar for coach and in free agency. We have a great defense already in place. We have great young receivers.

There are only 32 of these jobs and these guys want their place in history. If you win a Super Bowl in Buffalo your place in history is cemented. Maybe with Ralph this job was not desirable, but now I think we fire Pegula it very likely we bring in a super star coach.

Enough of this weak ass nobody will come to Buffalo garbage. It is simply not true and the people who carry on about it look sad.

Why?

Why?

Why?