15 years and counting

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a 20 year old kid who was late for work. the bills had the lead and they just needed to kickoff so i ran to my car and rushed to work. i got to work to find out they amazingly lost. it was so long ago but i miss being in the playoffs

Offensive ineptitude has reached a level of criminal proportions. How nate hackett still has a job is beyond me. Sitting in the NYC bills bar, some girl behind me is watching her first Bills game. Shes demonstrated a significant amount of football knowledge thus far. About half way through the third quarter, she says "You guys really need a new coach." Boy was she right.

They were in the hunt a week longer than normal so this season was a huge success

Normally they're eliminated in November, so it was nice to see a few meaningful games in December. It would be great to finally see meaningful games in January again.

Offensive ineptitude has reached a level of criminal proportions. How nate hackett still has a job is beyond me. Sitting in the NYC bills bar, some girl behind me is watching her first Bills game. Shes demonstrated a significant amount of football knowledge thus far. About half way through the third quarter, she says "You guys really need a new coach." Boy was she right.

+1

Hackett is a moron, and Orton sucks.

And that was before St Doug's soon-to-be-infamous punt on 4th and 1.

i was a 20 year old kid who was late for work. the bills had the lead and they just needed to kickoff so i ran to my car and rushed to work. i got to work to find out they amazingly lost. it was so long ago but i miss being in the playoffs

I watched the home run throwback in an American sports bar in Antigua, Guatemala, surrounded by hostile fans of other teams. When the Bills took the lead and the game was in the bag I felt elated. A couple of minutes later I was embarrassed beyond belief. I thought for sure, that team would be back the next year. 15 years ago!! The next year it all went to hell!!

We need a new offensive coordinator and new coaches for the offense. I would be okay if we replaced Marrone, but what we need more than anything else is a quality starting QB. Same thing that we have been searching for since Jim Kelly retired.

Pics?

15 years is a long time. Next Tuesday will be the 19th anniversary of their last playoff win.

I do hope that when it does happen, the playoff game is a home one. The amount of hype and excitement for the 1st playoff game in a generation being at home will make for a very rare atmosphere.

I also really hope the Ralph gets at least another playoff game before she is done.

15 years is a long time. Next Tuesday will be the 19th anniversary of their last playoff win.

I do hope that when it does happen, the playoff game is a home one. The amount of hype and excitement for the 1st playoff game in a generation being at home will make for a very rare atmosphere.

I also really hope the Ralph gets at least another playoff game before she is done.

The only wat that happens is to win the Division. Can anybody realistically say that will happen as long as Brady is Belichecks' starting QB?

All we need is a QB. Hackett, Marrone, Whaley, everyone would be doing fine with a good QB.

You guys are going to have to listen to me rally EVERY SINGLE DAY for them to pay whatever they have to to steal Phillip Rivers away from the Chargers when he becomes an FA in 2016. It's the only solution.

Unless they give him a contract extension this offseason....

CBF

The only wat that happens is to win the Division. Can anybody realistically say that will happen as long as Brady is Belichecks' starting QB?

well the new proposed structure of the playoffs would make that possible.

Bottom 4 playoff teams are reseeded.

And no, I dont see them passing New England by anytime soon

Unless they give him a contract extension this offseason....

CBF

That's if he accepts one. They've gone from a perennial playoff team to a team to a team that will have missed the playoffs for 4 of the past 5 seasons(if they miss this year). It's not crazy to think he might want a change.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

That's if he accepts one. They've gone from a perennial playoff team to a team to a team that will have missed the playoffs for 4 of the past 5 seasons(if they miss this year). It's not crazy to think he might want a change.

I'm sorry man but I'm not sure I agree with your sig,

I dont think Rivers is worth $25M per season

CBF

I don't think that matters. The highest paid QB right now is Jay Cutler. He obviously doesn't deserve to be.

However, the Bills need a QB. More than anything. Every year they go without a playoff appearance the need for a real QB becomes bigger and bigger. If there's a QB of Rivers' talent that hits FA and you're the Bills, you pay him whatever he wants IF you can even get him. Why? because the Bills would probably be a Superbowl contender, or at least a sure playoff team every year with him.

Or we can just keep doing what we've been doing since Jim Kelly retired in 1996 since we wouldn't want to overspend on a QB.

I don't think that matters. The highest paid QB right now is Jay Cutler. He obviously doesn't deserve to be.

However, the Bills need a QB. More than anything. Every year they go without a playoff appearance the need for a real QB becomes bigger and bigger. If there's a QB of Rivers' talent that hits FA and you're the Bills, you pay him whatever he wants IF you can even get him. Why? because the Bills would probably be a Superbowl contender, or at least a sure playoff team every year with him.

Or we can just keep doing what we've been doing since Jim Kelly retired in 1996 since we wouldn't want to overspend on a QB.

Fair enough....

Good point

CBF

Rivers is really, really good. The Chargers' struggles lately haven't been on him. I feel like he's..... maybe not overlooked by a lot of football fans but definitely under-appreciated because he hasn't had all the pieces guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers have had to make them Superbowl contenders every year.

But just look at his career stats, and then imagine what a guy who is only 33-years-old with these stats could do with our Wide Receivers. Not to mention he's shown over and over again that he has that "leader" quality who can come back and win in a pinch.

Career completion %: 64.7

Yards-per-game: 247.4

Touchdowns: 252

Interceptions: 120

Passer Rating: 96.0

I'd pay a guy like that $25 million a year, which will probably be around the highest QB contract come 2016 anyway. There's literally no player currently on the roster that I wouldn't be willing to cut to make cap space(which we would probably have enough of anyway) to make room for Rivers. His impact on the team would far exceed anyone else we could lose.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Now stealing him from the Chargers is another story. I'm sure he's comfortable in San Diego and has plenty of ties there. I'm rooting for the Chargers to miss the playoffs again because like I said, that would mean while he was there they went from making the playoffs 4 years straight to missing them in 4 of the past 5 seasons. If they miss out again next year that would be 1 playoff appearance in 6 years. If he thinks he has a better chance at a ring somewhere else he might consider it.

It'd also be the type of huge franchise-defining move that I could see Pegula attempting to make. It'd be the single most significant pickup of the past 20 years for the Bills, and if anyone would be willing to drop that much money on a player it'd be Pegula.

Congratulations Bills fans! We did it! Managed to get to the big 1, 5. That's right 15 years in a row without a playoff birth.

And what do we have to show for it? Absolutely nothing! No 1st round pick. No QB. No offensive line, no qualified offensive coordinator. All in an offensive era in an offensive league.

If we don't find a QB soon, this streak could easily hit 20. So disgusting. I want to be positive about the future of this team but in the end it is 15 straight years.

In the end that is the way I see it. Another season, another failure. I really don't care to hear about any of the positives because ultimately this season was a failure and no matter how good our defense is, without a QB, it is very likely next year will be 16. Then our defense gets a little older and we start the charge for 20 years.

Brandon, Whaley, Marrone to this point are all failures.

Edited by Proteus

With yesterday's loss to the Raiders, it officially put the final nail in the coffin of the 2014 season for the Bills. In years past, the Bills were eliminated from playoff contention in November, so they made it to Week 15 this year without being eliminated. Sadly, this is the 15th year in a row that the Bills are not playing in the playoffs. It seems like such an eternity ago when the Bills were in the postseason. Most likely, the Bills will finish the season 8-8 as they have not beaten Tom Brady and Bill Belichek at Gillette Stadium ever. Even though the Bills have finished with their best record in 10 years, it still stings that they will not be in the postseason again, especially when the Bills have a very good defense. Unfortunately for the Bills, the offense has regressed significantly since Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett took over. This year, the Bills offensive line was offensive as they could not open holes in the run game and could not keep a clean pocket for EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton. The play calling was very susceptible and conservative, followed by two erratic QB's, Manuel and Orton.

So, now the questions are, will Terry and Kim Pegula want to bring in a new coach that they feel comfortable with, compared to Doug Marrone by whom they inherited?

If Marrone stays, is Nate Hackett's job safe or will Marrone back Hackett like he did with Danny Crossman last season?

Will Bills GM, Doug Whaley, try and trade for Jay Cutler or any other QB?

Who will the Bills sign/draft to upgrade their offensive line?

Will the Bills resign CJ Spiller?

Will the Bills resign Jerry Hughes?

Looks like we'll have to wait until January once the regular season is over with to start getting some of these questions answered. But one thing is for sure, it will be another long offseason for Bills fans. After 15 years, I guess we should be used to this by now.