6th or 7th round pick for Kirk Cousins?

I started thinking about all of the starters in the league and the ones that may be available for trade, Cutler, Kaepernick, RGIII etc....

I don't really want any of them especially not Cutler or Kaepernick because both have massive contracts and are not worth paying a bunch of money to.

So I started thinking, what backup QB is out there that we can possibly get for a late round pick? has had some kind of success in the league and can "compete" for a starting job? After going roster by roster I thought Kirk Cousins is the only one that would really be worth anything. He has one year left on his rookie contract and he is only going to be getting paid $660,000 next season. Now granted, his last couple of games that he started he didn't play well, like the Giants game when he threw 4 INTs. Other than that though he has shown a little bit at least and in my opinion is the one backup in the league with at least a small upside. If we got him for a late round pick, something like a 6th or 7th rounder to come in and again "compete" for a starting job not be given a starting job, he may be worth going after. If he doesn't play well we can release him after next season with no penalty. He can't play to much worse than Orton has been playing. We do only need somewhat mediocre QB play with our defense after all.

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view is that Cousins would be the perfect add to compete with EJ and Orton next year. Tuel needs to be gone, and , maybe, EJ. I think the zoo that was Washington made it hard for Cousins to succeed. They gave up on him in Washington.....OK, and he has a lot more upside than Colt McCoy. And, the fact that the price is right is beside the point. Cousins played well for a number of games. And, with RG3 out a lot due to injury, he has a lot of playing time under his belt. We have done well with another refugee from Washington....Barcardi Rambo.....I would like to try this one also.

No. That's not what this team needs. Gotta swing for the fences on the BEST veteran guy out there with talent. I feel dirty for saying it, but that might be Cutler, whom I've always dinged for lazy mechanics. But he's getting shafted in Chicago and would benefit from a change. And I'm 1,000% certain he'll find receivers that Orton misses routinely, both by commission and omission. Yes, he'll throw more INTs but he'll also have that many more big plays.

GO BILLS!!!

My view is that Cousins would be the perfect add to compete with EJ and Orton next year. Tuel needs to be gone, and , maybe, EJ. I think the zoo that was Washington made it hard for Cousins to succeed. They gave up on him in Washington.....OK, and he has a lot more upside than Colt McCoy. And, the fact that the price is right is beside the point. Cousins played well for a number of games. And, with RG3 out a lot due to injury, he has a lot of playing time under his belt. We have done well with another refugee from Washington....Barcardi Rambo.....I would like to try this one also.

Because he is not good....every here just wants more below average QBs. We have enough of them.

Of your mentions, Bradford is the one I'd go after if he were available and affordable. Sure, he's had injury problems but IMO thats just bad luck and nothing more.

I just dont see where we are going to find a better QB in either the draft or FA. They are pretty darn rare.

Also, I wouldn't get rid of Orton. yea, he's struggling at the moment but he knows the game. He wont kill you.

Because he is not good....every here just wants more below average QBs. We have enough of them.

Cousins has no arm. He can give you a quality relief appearance here and there, but it didn't take defenses long to figure him out.

GO BILLS!!!

There are clear, evident reasons Cousin's third-string on a team that has three sucky QBs. As for those calling for Cutler, including the local media, please watch last night's game. He looked no better or even worse than EJ did in his worst game. Bradford may get a look since he'll have been out long enough for everyone to forget that he's no good, too.

Of your mentions, Bradford is the one I'd go after if he were available and affordable. Sure, he's had injury problems but IMO thats just bad luck and nothing more.

I just dont see where we are going to find a better QB in either the draft or FA. They are pretty darn rare.

Also, I wouldn't get rid of Orton. yea, he's struggling at the moment but he knows the game. He wont kill you.

Maybe not, but he'll put in the intensive care unit. I want a QB that practices defensive medicine.

GO BILLS!!!

There are clear, evident reasons Cousin's third-string on a team that has three sucky QBs. As for those calling for Cutler, including the local media, please watch last night's game. He looked no better or even worse than EJ did in his worst game. Bradford may get a look since he'll have been out long enough for everyone to forget that he's no good, too.

Have you been following the Chicago story the last few weeks? Last night's game was predictable. Cutler has checked out entirely.

I'll use many of the earlier games in his career to show that he's lazy mechanically, often rips your heart out with the worst-timed INT ever, and wonder why he makes certain decisions. No doubt he will do that here as well.

But of all the QBs that might become available, none possess his sheer ability to find open guys, throw guys open, and deliver the rock on a rope like he can, either. He may just give us enough to get us over the hump while this defense still has its window.

GO BILLS!!!

No. That's not what this team needs. Gotta swing for the fences on the BEST veteran guy out there with talent. I feel dirty for saying it, but that might be Cutler, whom I've always dinged for lazy mechanics. But he's getting shafted in Chicago and would benefit from a change. And I'm 1,000% certain he'll find receivers that Orton misses routinely, both by commission and omission. Yes, he'll throw more INTs but he'll also have that many more big plays.

GO BILLS!!!

Cutler ! Are you serious, K-9 ? Not only is he a bum QB but he is also a moody mal content. Last year, I saw him push his OC away when the OC was simply trying to show him the all 22 pictures after he threw an int. I honestly would rather have Tuel.

Cousins seems to have regressed. He looked pretty good last year but this year he took too many chances & threw int's.

Cutler ! Are you serious, K-9 ? Not only is he a bum QB but he is also a moody mal content. Last year, I saw him push his OC away when the OC was simply trying to show him the all 22 pictures after he threw an int. I honestly would rather have Tuel.

Cousins seems to have regressed. He looked pretty good last year but this year he took too many chances & threw int's.

Believe me, I wish I wasn't. I've been on record for years with my opposition to Cutler's game. I just don't see anyone better that MIGHT be available at the moment. I feel like I need a shower just saying that.

As for him dissing his OC, I take the limited scope of the camera shot and lack of context into consideration when I see players on the sidelines reacting to something. And from the way Kromer threw him under the bus a couple weeks ago, I'd have a hard time respecting him as my OC, anyway, if that's any indication of how he is to work with. Kromer broke the code. I'll be surprised if he EVER works in the league again.

GO BILLS!!!

Believe me, I wish I wasn't. I've been on record for years with my opposition to Cutler's game. I just don't see anyone better that MIGHT be available at the moment. I feel like I need a shower just saying that.

As for him dissing his OC, I take the limited scope of the camera shot and lack of context into consideration when I see players on the sidelines reacting to something. And from the way Kromer threw him under the bus a couple weeks ago, I'd have a hard time respecting him as my OC, anyway, if that's any indication of how he is to work with. Kromer broke the code. I'll be surprised if he EVER works in the league again.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd rather keep Orton than bring in Cutler. At least has shown some kind of passion for playing. Cutler just seems like he never cares. I don't want his negative attitude in the locker room. He also has a massive contract that would be tough to get out of. We don't want a crappy QB keeping us stuck in salary cap hell

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

I started thinking about all of the starters in the league and the ones that may be available for trade, Cutler, Kaepernick, RGIII etc....

I don't really want any of them especially not Cutler or Kaepernick because both have massive contracts and are not worth paying a bunch of money to.

So I started thinking, what backup QB is out there that we can possibly get for a late round pick? has had some kind of success in the league and can "compete" for a starting job? After going roster by roster I thought Kirk Cousins is the only one that would really be worth anything. He has one year left on his rookie contract and he is only going to be getting paid $660,000 next season. Now granted, his last couple of games that he started he didn't play well, like the Giants game when he threw 4 INTs. Other than that though he has shown a little bit at least and in my opinion is the one backup in the league with at least a small upside. If we got him for a late round pick, something like a 6th or 7th rounder to come in and again "compete" for a starting job not be given a starting job, he may be worth going after. If he doesn't play well we can release him after next season with no penalty. He can't play to much worse than Orton has been playing. We do only need somewhat mediocre QB play with our defense after all.

He can and he has. Not sure why people always think the new guy can't play worse than the old guy.

GO BILLS!!!

Yup. Guys with weak arms cannot win in this league. Period. The only one in last 30 years was Chad Pennington and he was a wizard and he still didn't win. You can't do it. Cousins cannot. Colt McCoy cannot. We shouldn't even consider anyone like that.

Cutler can possibly win. He likely won't, because he makes a lot of bonehead plays, but he can possibly win because he has the arm the job requires. Even Trent Dilfer had a good arm, he just wasn't very good.