Russ Brandon: "Marrone Has Changed the Bills' Culture"

26CornerBlitz

Let's take another entertainment business: the movies.

Would you expect the industry to market a new movie by telling us

1. to go see the new movie XYZ and hyping how good it is, or
  2. how hard the director worked because he had to work through technical problems, script problems, bad weather, etc.?

I'd expect the production company to

Let's take another entertainment business: the movies.

Would you expect the industry to market a new movie by telling us

1. to go see the new movie XYZ and hyping how good it is, or
  2. how hard the director worked because he had to work through technical problems, script problems, bad weather, etc.?

I'd expect the production company to release a trailer that makes the movie look as entertaining as possible, and then 3rd party critics would be paid off to give their opinion and boost appeal.

Then when asked they'd talk about how great the director, writer, and cast were...

:lol:

Sorry, I just loved the analogy

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised there have only been a few comments in this thread post Oakland.

This team was flat today and that is inexcusable.

It reflects very poorly on Marrone and anyone thinking this team will go to war for him as an individual and leader is insane.

Marrone is utterly replaceable, and improvable.

It reflects very poorly on Marrone and anyone thinking this team will go to war for him as an individual and leader is insane.

Here, here. Maybe it it naivety, and foolish hopefulness, but we can do better than Marrone. Anyone think the Bills don't make the playoff with this exact roster and Chip Kelly or Bruce Arians at the helm? How about Any Reid? In my opinion we can say with some confidence there are 10 coaches who get this team with its current talent to the playoffs and many others that are debateable.

Yeah, I blame the te president for today's performance.#agenda

The team president and his personal PR campaign has become a joke. Do you believe his claim that Marrone has changed the culture? That is the point here and it should not be surprising given that Marrone was hired by Brandon and Nix.

This narrative that Brandon is an innocent bystander to this non-playoff season is so hilarious.

Edited by BillsVet

The team president and his personal PR campaign has become a joke, Do you believe his claim that Marrone has changed the culture? That is the point here and it should not be surprising given that Marrone was hired by Brandon and Nix.

This narrative that Brandon is an innocent bystander to this non-playoff is so hilarious.

Your comments here are important and should not be forgotten.

How quickly people here seem to forget that Doug Marrone was hired largely by a freaking marketing wonk, after he was newly anointed as de facto owner of the team by the previous owner.

Ya think Russ has a dog in this fight? Of course he does! If Marrone is canned for being incompetent, what does that say about the guy(s) who hired him (namely Russ and Whaley)?

I have said this in many posts but it's like a lot of people here haven't tuned into this yet.

THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION IS DIFFERENT NOW. We have a new owner! What we have seen this year is a byproduct of the old regime. That regime is gone now.

It will be fascinating (at least to me) to see what moves Pegula makes, and when.

It will take a good 3 years to no longer be the "same old Bills" around here I believe, but change is coming, and it is going to get a lot better.

Edited by Stopthepain

Marrone is a poser NFL head coach. He looks and sounds the part a good coach...but when it's time to make a game plan, an adjustment or a big in-game decision he is so afraid of failure that he ends up putting the car in neutral and hoping for the best.

This loss was truly a fireable offense and I think he will get fired.

Marrone is a poser NFL head coach. He looks and sounds the part a good coach...but when it's time to make a game plan, an adjustment or a big in-game decision he is so afraid of failure that he ends up putting the car in neutral and hoping for the best.

This loss was truly a fireable offense and I think he will get fired.

A strong statement! I agree with the first assertion but am uncertain of the latter.

Any "Band of Brothers" fans out there? Marrone reminds me of Norman Dike. You know, the bad leader who was afraid to lead and was quickly replaced during the attack on the little town of Foy, in Belgium.

In combat, leaders with Marrone's mentality quickly get a lot of good men killed.

Your comments here are important and should not be forgotten.

How quickly people here seem to forget that Doug Marrone was hired largely by a freaking marketing wonk, after he was newly anointed as de facto owner of the team by the previous owner.

Ya think Russ has a dog in this fight? Of course he does! If Marrone is canned for being incompetent, what does that say about the guy(s) who hired him (namely Russ and Whaley)?

I have said this in many posts but it's like a lot of people here haven't tuned into this yet.

THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION IS DIFFERENT NOW. We have a new owner! What we have seen this year is a byproduct of the old regime. That regime is gone now.

It will be fascinating (at least to me) to see what moves Pegula makes, and when.

It will take a good 3 years to no longer be the "same old Bills" around here I believe, but change is coming, and it is going to get a lot better.

I disagree, as it won't take that long if proper changes are made.

The Bills need a real football man at the top, and the GM / HC shouldn't be reporting to the finance / marketing guy ever again. A good head coach hire, or even a top NFL offensive coordinator could turn this team around in one season. Along with some changes to the offensive scouting dept would go a long way to upgrading this team very quickly. JMO

So...

Seeing as though this was exactly the type of performance that has disallowed Playoff appearances for 15 seasons now...Can we put this whole culture change thing to rest once and for all?...

What does it matter really? I don't disagree that some things have changed at OBD for the better over the past two years...But in the end they dropped a must-have-game to a 2...now 3 win team...Culture change or not this HC is not good enough and his Offense looks absolutely terrible at times...Just awful...And he's an Offensive HC...At least that was the rumor...That's all I care about...They're not good enough...again...And they lose games they should absolutely win...again...And they're out of the Playoffs...again...

Brandon can have his culture change and still get a HC that is good enough to make a difference where it counts...In wins and losses...This was a wasted season with a roster that is absolutely good enough to get at least the 6th seed in the Playoffs...But Marrone and that kid OC can't cut it enough when they have to...They got out coached today by Tony-freaking-Sparano...

And here we go again...

What a joke... B-)

The team president and his personal PR campaign has become a joke. Do you believe his claim that Marrone has changed the culture? That is the point here and it should not be surprising given that Marrone was hired by Brandon and Nix.

This narrative that Brandon is an innocent bystander to this non-playoff season is so hilarious.

Indeed. Terry & Kim, please do the right thing & get rid of Ralph's trash once-and-for-all.

To me, this season didn't seem like other seasons at several different points. This Bills team seemed different. It was deeper. It was more talented. And at certain junctures, like the San Diego game and the New England game and the KC game they seemed like the same old Bills. But there were an equal number of times, like against Detroit, and especially Green Bay, and against the Jets or Cleveland, and even against Manning in a loss when we collectively thought, wow, maybe these aren't the same old Bills. I went into today thinking this is a very good indicator. The old Bills old lay an egg in this game. The new Bills would take care of business, or at least squeak out an essential win.

We all saw what happened, regardless of the myriad of reasons.

That's why Marrone hasn't really changed the culture.

I get dumber every time that you post.

To me, this season didn't seem like other seasons at several different points. This Bills team seemed different. It was deeper. It was more talented. And at certain junctures, like the San Diego game and the New England game and the KC game they seemed like the same old Bills. But there were an equal number of times, like against Detroit, and especially Green Bay, and against the Jets or Cleveland, and even against Manning in a loss when we collectively thought, wow, maybe these aren't the same old Bills. I went into today thinking this is a very good indicator. The old Bills old lay an egg in this game. The new Bills would take care of business, or at least squeak out an essential win.

We all saw what happened, regardless of the myriad of reasons.

That's why Marrone hasn't really changed the culture.

It's like a groundhog day pile of repeat losses like this over 2 decades. The team gets a big game and just can't answer the mail. No matter who the opponent