How nice is is to hear an opponent's quote like this

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=18221&is_corp=1

Four times during his postgame press conference, Rodgers referenced the Bills’ defensive backs and their physical play. While he stopped short of blasting referee Bill Leavy and his crew for letting defenders get away with too much, he made his point clear.

“The protection was great, there was not much of a pass rush that bothered me. I was able to move around the pocket,” Rodgers said. “They were physical outside with our receivers and were able to get away with it all day.”

Asked if the Bills had been breaking the rules, he replied, “I would say it will be interesting to see when we go back through. Yeah, we’ll see.”

Later, Rodgers was asked if the Bills played up on his receivers more than he expected. “Not more than we expected,” Rodgers replied. “They were physical and got away with it more than we expected.”

There were several times i was expecting the yellow hankie to come flying in against our DB's. Glad the refs let em play. It was both ways. I saw GB defensive backs doing some hand fighting downfield as well.

It's amazing though...that same style of play vs. Brady/New England seems to result in tons of PI and defensive holdings against us.

Where is the compliment? The Bills D dominated his O, and and he made some bad throws. It's funny he can make these comments, and get away with it because he is a media darling. Somebody else were to say, and people would be calling him a poor sport.

Edited by OntarioRV

There were several times i was expecting the yellow hankie to come flying in against our DB's. Glad the refs let em play. It was both ways. I saw GB defensive backs doing some hand fighting downfield as well.

It's amazing though...that same style of play vs. Brady/New England seems to result in tons of PI and defensive holdings against us.

I agree, the calls were consistent but at the same time, it seemed to me that they were letting guys get away with a bit more than they have been this year. It was a great game to watch if you are a football fan and shows that you don't have to have rules which result in defensive holding calls every other pass to produce a successful product.

Unofficially official: Mike Pereira previews Week 15 on FOX

Here's a viewer's guide to what you need to know about the referees and their crews who are calling today's games on FOX.

GREEN BAY (10-3) AT BUFFALO (7-6), 1 PM ET

Referee: Bill Leavy. Bill is a retired firefighter from San Jose, Calif. He came into the League in 1995 and is in his 20th season.

Leavy's crew: Leavy's crews are generally a low penalty group and are right in the middle this year. This crew has called the fewest illegal contact fouls (two). To give you some context, John Parry's crew has called the most illegal contact fouls with 14. Nothing else stands out.

Notes on Green Bay: With one of the best records in football, you would expect the Packers to be one of the best in the penalty department -- and they are. Green Bay has been called for the fourth-fewest penalties in the NFL out of 32 teams. The Packers are also disciplined, since they have been called for the second-fewest false starts (only Jacksonville has less). Will Mike McCarthy ever win a challenge? He has tried four times and has yet to win.

Notes on Buffalo: Nothing much about the Bills, except they need to stay onside. They lead the NFL in offside calls. Although they really don't show up in any other foul category, they are the fourth-most penalized team in the NFL. The one good note is that coach Doug Marrone has challenged five times and has won three.

No kidding. I loved how the freaking trainer had to repair Hughes' jersey because it was so pulled out of place.

It is scary to think how good this D could be if DB's didn't have to play so hands off in nearly every other game this season. There was an element of old school football yesterday. Hats off to this D.

Where is the compliment? The Bills D dominated his O, and and he made some bad throws. It's funny he can make these comments, and get away with it because he is a media darling. Somebody else were to say, and people would be calling him a poor sport.

since i don't really listen to rodgers unless gb plays the bills, i have no idea if he's usually a crybaby or not. (probably not since he usually wins.) when i heard him make those comments last night i thought it was pretty lame. the sad part is that he's probably right since refs loving calling penalties on pass plays.

I don't think it's nice to hear an opponent say this. I'd rather they say the Bills players we're great today and kicked our butt.

I am with you on this. I am normally appreciative of Rodgers, but he should have been more classy. Truth be told, there were several instances where I was screaming for holding penalties against their OL. Else, Hughes in particular would have gotten close to/sacked him couple of times.