Surprised by Packers fan behavior

MarkAF43

I watched the game at a bar at Breckenridge yesterday, I was the only Bills fan, but the Pack fans were great!

I was friends with the wild group by the end. Even my buddy in the yellow and green overalls!

Like I said to a few Geen Bay fans, just seems to me Buffalo and GB are kindred spirits! Cold, love football, good food, etc.

Except the Packers have actually won something & are overall one of the most successful organizations in the league.

Edited by Gordio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers fan attacked my friend that works at the stadium. The pack fan decided he was going to block the entrance to an area of the suites as my friend was trying to get back to work and the fan attacked him as he tried to get by. Smh.

Also a funny story. The Packers injured players were in a suite next to st. Doug s wife's and were talking trash to her. So once the bills went up Marrone's wife went into the pack suite and mooned them. A security guard had to be placed in between the two suites.

Any Pics?

Lets keep this in mind as Bills fans when we travel. There have been more then a few times I've reminded a Bills fan at the Ralph to calm down.

Yup. Worst-behaved fans I've ever seen in person have been Bills fans.

Packers fan attacked my friend that works at the stadium. The pack fan decided he was going to block the entrance to an area of the suites as my friend was trying to get back to work and the fan attacked him as he tried to get by. Smh.

Also a funny story. The Packers injured players were in a suite next to st. Doug s wife's and were talking trash to her. So once the bills went up Marrone's wife went into the pack suite and mooned them. A security guard had to be placed in between the two suites.

If true, maybe Doug should let her do press conferences for him. Alternatively, it'd be fun to watch a reporter ask Marrone about the incident this week.

Are they the only fans you've seen in person? At least, the ones you've seen in abundance? I've only been to a handful of other venues when the Bills were not playing, Carolina/New York Jets. Detroit/Cinci are a few I can think of. Those fans were all very boring.

So let me start this off by saying I know my sample is a small cross section of Packers fans, but yesterday at the Ralph I endured some of the rudest most obnoxious fans I've ever had sitting in my section (and that includes games against the *pats).

I get it, it's football so we can save those comments, and we can hold our own with swearing and yelling, but yesterday was just ridiculously bad.

I hate to hear this crap. I believe that as Bills fans, we are Ambassadors for the city of Buffalo, and should act accordingly. Ditto for the out of town fans. It's unfortunate that the rotten underbelly of society also attends sporting events, but I don't let it paint all fans of opposing teams with a broad brush.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

I can only speak to the area around my seats, but I have been there for 15 years and only had a few incidents that escalated. for the most part, my section are welcoming of visiting fans as long as they are respectful. I have been to other stadiums and found much worse behavior. Cleveland was brutal, the section where I sat was 10 times worse than Bills fans in my section (they were playing Baltimore though). And Baltimore was much worse than Bills fans from my experience, that was Bills/Ravens game and they were classless. Been to many others and luckily have had good experiences. It all comes down to where you sit, sometimes it's a good section and sometimes it's a horrible section. But I have seen much much worse behavior in other stadiums, but it's different for every individual and impossible to categorize the whole fan base, even though you pretty much just did it...

what did the sign say?

I actually couldn't see it, she was a few seats down from me...But it was wordy, which is probably why they didn't give her any attention...

Edited by ricojes

Are they the only fans you've seen in person? At least, the ones you've seen in abundance? I've only been to a handful of other venues when the Bills were not playing, Carolina/New York Jets. Detroit/Cinci are a few I can think of. Those fans were all very boring.

The end zone crowd at Soldier Field during the opener was quite tame.

So let me start this off by saying I know my sample is a small cross section of Packers fans, but yesterday at the Ralph I endured some of the rudest most obnoxious fans I've ever had sitting in my section (and that includes games against the *pats). The one woman behind me kept screaming and screeching like she was being assaulted and was swearing like a drunken sailor. Then the guy next to her made comments about my wife being wrapped in a blanket and that " people like her need a drink thrown on her". My wife is a huge Bills fan but she was cold and wrapped up, and then to top it off when Duke Williams got hurt, the two idiots start cheering and clapping, and making comments like oh get him a pacifier, what a baby, what a weak @ss p@#$! and oh he just doesn't want to face Rodgers anymore. I guess I always thought being a smaller market team similiar to the Bills that the fans would have a little more class and respect, but these people I encountered were out of control.

I get it, it's football so we can save those comments, and we can hold our own with swearing and yelling, but yesterday was just ridiculously bad.

so what did you tell them after we kicked their ass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Is that true? If so, I think I love Mrs Marrone!

Exactly. You touch a kid, the next thing you hear should be your nose breaking....

Yeah I thought about it but what was I supposed to do, cold rooster the lady. My son didn't think it was that big of a deal so I just decided to politely tell her not to do that again. She nodded at me so I think she knew she was out of line.

Yeah I thought about it but what was I supposed to do, cold rooster the lady. My son didn't think it was that big of a deal so I just decided to politely tell her not to do that again. She nodded at me so I think she knew she was out of line.

If you ever want to go for the alpha manly man a-hole way do not address then woman and tell the man to keep his woman in line and h should know better then to let her out of the house if that's how she will behave.

Women hate it and most men are beta so they don't know what to do and then the women hate their man for not standing up for them.