Surprised by Packers fan behavior

MarkAF43

So let me start this off by saying I know my sample is a small cross section of Packers fans, but yesterday at the Ralph I endured some of the rudest most obnoxious fans I've ever had sitting in my section (and that includes games against the *pats). The one woman behind me kept screaming and screeching like she was being assaulted and was swearing like a drunken sailor. Then the guy next to her made comments about my wife being wrapped in a blanket and that " people like her need a drink thrown on her". My wife is a huge Bills fan but she was cold and wrapped up, and then to top it off when Duke Williams got hurt, the two idiots start cheering and clapping, and making comments like oh get him a pacifier, what a baby, what a weak @ss p@#$! and oh he just doesn't want to face Rodgers anymore. I guess I always thought being a smaller market team similiar to the Bills that the fans would have a little more class and respect, but these people I encountered were out of control.

I get it, it's football so we can save those comments, and we can hold our own with swearing and yelling, but yesterday was just ridiculously bad.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me start this off by saying I know my sample is a small cross section of Packers fans, but yesterday at the Ralph I endured some of the rudest most obnoxious fans I've ever had sitting in my section (and that includes games against the *pats). The one woman behind me kept screaming and screeching like she was being assaulted and was swearing like a drunken sailor. Then the guy next to her made comments about my wife being wrapped in a blanket and that " people like her need a drink thrown on her". My wife is a huge Bills fan but she was cold and wrapped up, and then to top it off when Duke Williams got hurt, the two idiots start cheering and clapping, and making comments like oh get him a pacifier, what a baby, what a weak @ss p@#$! and oh he just doesn't want to face Rodgers anymore. I guess I always thought being a smaller market team similiar to the Bills that the fans would have a little more class and respect, but these people I encountered were out of control.

I get it, it's football so we can save those comments, and we can hold our own with swearing and yelling, but yesterday was just ridiculously bad.

Idiots. I wouldn't worry about it though or label the entire GB fanbase. I was at the Denver game and drunken Bills fans were getting in the face of Broncos fans even before the game in the concourse. Idiot fans everywhere including our own.

Idiots. I wouldn't worry about it though or label the entire GB fanbase. I was at the Denver game and drunken Bills fans were getting in the face of Broncos fans even before the game in the concourse. Idiot fans everywhere including our own.

Nope you're right, and I didn't want to label all of them, I was disappointed that the smaller sample that were idiots of course were seated directly behind me :censored:

95% of the Packers fans I interacted with yesterday were great. Same ratio for Bills fans. I think the thing is, most of the Pack fans were local folk who expected to lay a whooping on the Bills. Sadly for them this did not happen, and many were left looking like whiny bee-atches after all their pre-game boastings.

No team has a monopoly on idiot fans and while 99% of fans respect each other and the game there's always a few that ruin it for the rest. What you likely experienced was the affect of alcohol on people with limited mental capacity.

95% of the Packers fans I interacted with yesterday were great. Same ratio for Bills fans. I think the thing is, most of the Pack fans were local folk who expected to lay a whooping on the Bills. Sadly for them this did not happen, and many were left looking like whiny bee-atches after all their pre-game boastings.

i saw both sides yesterday, and one of my friends in for the game--a Packer fan--was accosted a few times. Just plain stupid people.

Packers fan attacked my friend that works at the stadium. The pack fan decided he was going to block the entrance to an area of the suites as my friend was trying to get back to work and the fan attacked him as he tried to get by. Smh.

Also a funny story. The Packers injured players were in a suite next to st. Doug s wife's and were talking trash to her. So once the bills went up Marrone's wife went into the pack suite and mooned them. A security guard had to be placed in between the two suites.

There was some Packer fans behind me I did notice the attitude/behavior kind of changed as the game went on as it was apparent that the Bills weren't going away at this game. After a first down by the Bills my 10 year old son made the first down gesture & the lady packer fan behind me grabbed my sons arm & pulled it down. I told her calmly don't ever touch my son again. Other then that they were okay. I just think there so spoiled by their success(kind of like NE fans) that they expected to come in here & have an easy win. When that didn't happen, their attitudes changed quickly. Overall, I thought they were okay though. Definately not as obnoxious as Pat or Jet fans.

Packers fan attacked my friend that works at the stadium. The pack fan decided he was going to block the entrance to an area of the suites as my friend was trying to get back to work and the fan attacked him as he tried to get by. Smh.

Also a funny story. The Packers injured players were in a suite next to st. Doug s wife's and were talking trash to her. So once the bills went up Marrone's wife went into the pack suite and mooned them. A security guard had to be placed in between the two suites.

If this is true it is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

There was some Packer fans behind me I did notice the attitude/behavior kind of changed as the game went on as it was apparent that the Bills weren't going away at this game. After a first down by the Bills my 10 year old son made the first down gesture & the lady packer fan behind me grabbed my sons arm & pulled it down. I told her calmly don't ever touch my son again. Other then that they were okay. I just think there so spoiled by their success(kind of like NE fans) that they expected to come in here & have an easy win. When that didn't happen, their attitudes changed quickly. Overall, I thought they were okay though. Definately not as obnoxious as Pat or Jet fans.

See and that's kinda what I mean, I know what I had wasn't the norm, and I won the idiot lottery yesterday. But sorry if you're a Packers "fan" and you didn't even know that BJ Raji is out for the year and has been since TC, then I have every right to question what point you jumped on the bandwagon.

No team has a monopoly on idiot fans and while 99% of fans respect each other and the game there's always a few that ruin it for the rest. What you likely experienced was the affect of alcohol on people with limited mental capacity.

It may be blasphemy but I think the NFL should ban alcohol from being sold in stadiums and should legalize weed. Concession sales for junk food would go through the roof and even the losing fans would get happier and happier as the game clock ticks.

Well now we can't fire the guy...

I am happy to report that every single Packers fan I came in contact with while tailgating and at the game itself were very sportsman-like, fun and classy. Even after the loss, they took it well and fist bumped with me a lot and said good game.

And I am sad to report that there was a (mostly hammered) twenty something dude in my section who kept yelling ridiculous obscenities (like mother effers) at every Packers fan in the area even Packers fans who were like boyfriend girlfriend couples or husbands and wives. Pretty sad display. Made me feel sad for my community. Dude should have had some teeth knocked out.

They were from fine with what I saw but as I walked around in the lots before and then into the game, I looked at license plates and the vast majority of parties with large numbers of Packers fans had Ontario and even some Quebec (saw one Iowa plate) plates. Not an observation about their actions but more along the lines of what I've said with people who start following the EPL. 99% of EPL fans you find here lives Man City, Man U, Arsenel and Chelsea and you have to struggle to find Burnley, QPR, WBA, or Sunderland fans. So my hypothesis is, and most of these were younger fans, early 20-30s, they've become NFL fans and picked the Packers because they've been good recently. And that brings out a certain attitude in someone who has never gone through the depths of failure we have that when combined with a lack of no humility; alcohol; and the personality of a bandwagon jumper and you'll get your fair share of idiots.

There are idiot fans everywhere, not just in New England, Philly, or NY

I would have been giving them some serious business back though especially at the end of the game if they were even still there.

Edited by Max997

Whether fans were wearing cheese on their heads or squirting ketchup all over each other before the game ... aren't they all, generally, from the same area?

It's doubtful that people from Wisconsin flew in for the game and acted like idiots.