Jim Schwartz

thewildrabbit

Don't forget that they have veteran position coaches on the defensive side as well. Pepper Johnson and Donnie Henderson have been coaching at this level for quite awhile. The experience really helps. You can see players developing nicely and playing well within a system. Wish they used the same approach with their offensive assistants.

And Pagac as well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. I didn't think about the off-season coaching carousel. There's no way he doesn't get offered a head coaching job. Crap. We seem to pick great DCs and lose them the next season. After that game, how do you not get a coaching job in the NFL?

I notice McCarthy was biatching a lot on the sidelines about every little thing, like he felt they were entitled to the calls because of who they are. The hold that over turned the lacy run I remember in particular he went ballastic even thought the replay showe clearly the guard tackled Kyle and it was the key block.

If it was the Pats* playing us on that same play - we would have had a 15yd mysterious foul against us and there would have been no holding. Which by the way it seemed that GB did the entire game....

sour grapes

I actually lost a little respect for him with that quote...

I think Schwartz has done a great job, especially with the linebackers/secondary. At least some of that is just the natural progression of players. Guys like Hughes, Searcy, Robey, and Aaron Williams were due a huge leap because they were in their second full year of playing significant snaps at this level in what is a pretty similar defensive concept.

I also think Dareus is a much more consistent force inside and the guys behind the DLine starters are playing their asses off.

Losing Kiko sucked but Preston Brown & Bradham have been very good all year at the outside spots. Spikes is both a leader and an angry bastard at the point of attack and what he brings to this team is something that's been sorely missing for a very long time - accountability.

Losing McKelvin has been a blessing because while Corey Graham isn't on the same level athletically, he's a very consistent performer who doesn't make the mind blowing mistakes that kill the entire team's confidence that Leodis is so famous for.

Finally, let me say that DW deserves credit for seeing the holes, filling them, then not being satisfied and standing pat. No one should ever be comfortable and stagnate, which has been the SOP for this franchise for far too long.

I get the Schwartz love. I'm really happy/impressed to.

But in all fairness, he inherited a great team. I think a lot of guys could do a good job with this D.

Wanny? :P

I notice McCarthy was biatching a lot on the sidelines about every little thing, like he felt they were entitled to the calls because of who they are. The hold that over turned the lacy run I remember in particular he went ballastic even thought the replay showe clearly the guard tackled Kyle and it was the key block.

Yeah, we were getting in their head and getting them flustered...McCarthy was losing his composure on the sideline

It's very clear that we have an NFL defense, and a high school offense.

Yeah, we were getting in their head and getting them flustered...McCarthy was losing his composure on the sideline

I thought he was swatting flies, the way he was carrying on.

Me too. At first I was kind of wondering why Marrone never acts like that and gets in the refs' grill, but then it definitely did come off like Mccarthy wanted to say to the refs "do you know who we are? And do you know who they are. They're the Bills! We should be getting those calls." I guess when you're conditioned to get those calls you're genuinely PO'ed when it doesn't happen.

I don't think Schwartz get offers next year unless it's from the Bills who I am starting to think may not want to risk losing him and bump him up to head coach like Rams did with Martz. My initial thought was Marrone would absolutely get another year simply bc the team has improved but what has Marrone added to this team except hire two good defensive coordinators? This team is obviously being carried by its defense while the offense continues to regress.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 1m1 minute ago

Aaron Rodgers on the #Bills' defensive backs: "They were physical and got away with it more than we expected."

In all fairness the refs let Greenbay get away with a lot and i mean a lot of holds. But that sideline catch by woods was pushing off by Woods. So we got away with a couple too, in the end refs called penalties or failed to call penalties on crucial moments in the game again, this time they went both ways though.

Refs let them play today. I like it.

There is no chance in my mind he doesn't get interviews this offseason. I just hope that we keep hold of him. The guy is top, top drawer as a coordinator.

Schwartz is a good DC but his record as a head coach is a lot more spotty. He may get some interviews but I wouldn't think that he'll be the favorite for any job.

Schwartz may not be as in high demand for a HC job as people here think. He was not the easiest guy to work with... There's a lot of dirt on him as a HC, good and bad. I could definitely see him staying put another year in Buffalo if he's enjoying himself..which i think he is. I just don't think teams are gonna be lining up to hire him. Owners and GM's want to hire the next great thing.

Schwartz may not be as in high demand for a HC job as people here think. He was not the easiest guy to work with... There's a lot of dirt on him as a HC, good and bad. I could definitely see him staying put another year in Buffalo if he's enjoying himself..which i think he is. I just don't think teams are gonna be lining up to hire him. Owners and GM's want to hire the next great thing.

Agreed. Again, I'd be more worried about our defensive assistants getting poached. Pepper wants a DC job and the Jets will have a vacancy...