Jim Schwartz

thewildrabbit

Jim Schwartz has got to be fielding the best Buffalo Bills defensive team I've ever seen. I've been a Buffalo Bills fan longer then I can remember, and I can remember OJ running the rock.

First shutting out Peyton Manning's steak of 51 straight games with a TD pass last week. To shutting down the hottest team, QB in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers this week.

The cheese heads left the stadium crying real tears. Man 0 Man what a great defensive effort!

Aaron Rodgers 17 / 42 185 yards,0 TD's, 2 INT's- 34.3 QBR :w00t: This QB has only thrown 3 INT's all year up until this game, and all 3 were tipped.

Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny about this defense is that no one is even close to them.

I love how the announcers the last two weeks compared GB and Den defenses favorably to ours. I wouldn't even put those defenses in the same tier as ours. GB and Den got to play against Kyle Orton, which skews their performance. We went out and blew up two of the top three offenses in football.

This is a Super Bowl caliber defense.

What's funny about this defense is that no one is even close to them.

I love how the announcers the last two weeks compared GB and Den defenses favorably to ours. I wouldn't even put those defenses in the same tier as ours. GB and Den got to play against Kyle Orton, which skews their performance. We went out and blew up two of the top three offenses in football.

This is a Super Bowl caliber defense.

This is for sure a SB caliber D. Even better than last season. The schemes are great. Personnel is great. We need to keep Schwartz somehow. Heck, perhaps promote him to HC (although I think he is a bit like Dick LeBeau--awesome D coordinator, average HC).

May the Schwartz be with you.

Nice to hear that from the opposition instead of our constant lament on the defensive PI and holding against our guys.

In all fairness the refs let Greenbay get away with a lot and i mean a lot of holds. But that sideline catch by woods was pushing off by Woods. So we got away with a couple too, in the end refs called penalties or failed to call penalties on crucial moments in the game again, this time they went both ways though.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 1m1 minute ago

Aaron Rodgers on the #Bills' defensive backs: "They were physical and got away with it more than we expected."

One thing I hate about NFL refs is that they give better teams way, way more than the benefit of the doubt. They give them basically the license to cheat.

I'm not saying this is happening. BUT... what if the defense has been so good for so many weeks... and did such a job against Manning... that the refs are starting to give the defense a little more leeway on being physical.

Granted, there were two calls last week (against Aaron Williams/which was the Robey play) and the Gilmore interference call. But both of those were understandable as they were bang bang plays and not no brainers.

Aaron Rodgers on the #Bills' defensive backs: "They were physical and got away with it more than we expected."

Here's a viewer's guide to what you need to know about the referees and their crews who are calling today's games on FOX.

GREEN BAY (10-3) AT BUFFALO (7-6), 1 PM ET

Referee: Bill Leavy. Bill is a retired firefighter from San Jose, Calif. He came into the League in 1995 and is in his 20th season.

Leavy's crew: Leavy's crews are generally a low penalty group and are right in the middle this year. This crew has called the fewest illegal contact fouls (two). To give you some context, John Parry's crew has called the most illegal contact fouls with 14. Nothing else stands out.

Notes on Green Bay: With one of the best records in football, you would expect the Packers to be one of the best in the penalty department -- and they are. Green Bay has been called for the fourth-fewest penalties in the NFL out of 32 teams. The Packers are also disciplined, since they have been called for the second-fewest false starts (only Jacksonville has less). Will Mike McCarthy ever win a challenge? He has tried four times and has yet to win.

Notes on Buffalo: Nothing much about the Bills, except they need to stay onside. They lead the NFL in offside calls. Although they really don't show up in any other foul category, they are the fourth-most penalized team in the NFL. The one good note is that coach Doug Marrone has challenged five times and has won three.

Yup.

It works the same in just about every sport.

The superstars get the benefit of the doubt all the time.

But's become beyond that. Superstars don't get the benefit of the doubt, they get virtually every call. I don't mind the benefit of the doubt concept. I do mind the virtually every call version.

I get the Schwartz love. I'm really happy/impressed to.

But in all fairness, he inherited a great team. I think a lot of guys could do a good job with this D.

They are substantially better than last year. Way better. Gained Spikes, Brown, Graham and a couple others. Lost Byrd, Kiko, Branch, Carrington and a couple others. That's somewhat of a wash. But we are way, way better this year.

I notice McCarthy was biatching a lot on the sidelines about every little thing, like he felt they were entitled to the calls because of who they are. The hold that over turned the lacy run I remember in particular he went ballastic even thought the replay showe clearly the guard tackled Kyle and it was the key block.

Don't forget that they have veteran position coaches on the defensive side as well. Pepper Johnson and Donnie Henderson have been coaching at this level for quite awhile. The experience really helps. You can see players developing nicely and playing well within a system. Wish they used the same approach with their offensive assistants.

They are substantially better than last year. Way better. Gained Spikes, Brown, Graham and a couple others. Lost Byrd, Kiko, Branch, Carrington and a couple others. That's somewhat of a wash. But we are way, way better this year.

Anyone sensible knows that Pettine did a great job to turn it around but the fact is that they are better. Yes the talent is good, it probably helped attract Schwartz in the first place, but he has done one hell of a job.

Don't forget that they have veteran position coaches on the defensive side as well. Pepper Johnson and Donnie Henderson have been coaching at this level for quite awhile. The experience really helps. You can see players developing nicely and playing well within a system. Wish they used the same approach with their offensive assistants.

Donnie Henderson has been a tremendous positional coach for two years. Just great.