What would it take to pry Ryan Nassib out of NY ?

HOUSE

Nassib looked excellent against practice squad players and walk-ons in preseason this year. He was 38-60 (63.3 percent) for 481 yards (8.0 ypa), 5 tds, and 0 ints.

I will not be surprised if the Giants land a decent draft pick for him this offseason. Too many teams are in dire straits with regard to their QB situations.

Fixed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nassib looked excellent in preseason this year. He was 38-60 (63.3 percent) for 481 yards (8.0 ypa), 5 tds, and 0 ints.

I will not be surprised if the Giants land a decent draft pick for him this offseason. Too many teams are in dire straits with regard to their QB situations.

Why? Do you think he's a bad player? I don't have an opinion one way or the other because I didn't watch him in either college or this preseason.

It was a remarkable turnaround from a train wreck of last year's preseason. He looked far better than EJ this summer. But it was summer.

Fixed.

Not really. The big thing you look for is progress, and Nassib seemed to take that step. Note that EJ didn't fare as well when he went against second stringers. We're also seeing that Giants offense generally stinks, yet he looked good playing with and against second string.

Not that I would waste a draft pick on him.

Omg.....

Put it this way......

Even Marrone thought he sucked!!!!

CBF

But, but Marrone sucks. ergo, Nassib must be good.

That's just too simplistic. As GG says, he showed progress, and he played better than our guy in preseason.

A tangent here, but would you be surprised if Coughlin is fired and the new staff hitches their wagon to Nassib thus making ELI available ?

Nassib looked excellent in preseason this year. He was 38-60 (63.3 percent) for 481 yards (8.0 ypa), 5 tds, and 0 ints.

Why? Do you think he's a bad player? I don't have an opinion one way or the other because I didn't watch him in either college or this preseason.

It's just whatever. Not really special anyway. He did pretty good his senior year but it seems like he maximized his talent.

And I'm far from a Marrone fan but he had 4 chances to draft him. I think he thinks he max out RN. He's at best a backup IMO.

It was a remarkable turnaround from a train wreck of last year's preseason. He looked far better than EJ this summer. But it was summer.

Not really. The big thing you look for is progress, and Nassib seemed to take that step. Note that EJ didn't fare as well when he went against second stringers. We're also seeing that Giants offense generally stinks, yet he looked good playing with and against second string.

Not that I would waste a draft pick on him.

Nassib never even went against 2nd stringers. He probably faced better defenses at Syracuse.

Nassib is too much of an unknown to take a gamble given the structure of the Bills team, good to great defense, competent special teams, and an offense lacking a competent QB and O-line for what seems like forever. If you're think 2 or 3 year plan or something like that maybe but the front office needs to think next season.

What about guys like Newton, Locker, Cutler, RG3, Bradford, if the price is right? I'm not advocating any one of them but I cannot foresee any scenario where the Bills trade for a guy that's been sitting on the bench for two years behind Manning in NY and all of a sudden he's going to come in here, light it up, and make this offense highly productive. If I'm going to take a risk its going to be on veteran with a known body of work where I know what I'm getting, flaws and all, rather than some crapshoot.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Ryan is an unknown, Eli isn't that great, and if he could be had for a 4th rounder, I'd say take a flyer on a guy that might have done well playing for his college coach. As of right now, we have Orton, serviceable, but erratic, EJ, who couldn't hit the ground if he fell out of a plane, and Tuel, who wouldn't make any other squad if cut.

I'd be all for seeing him picked up, and maybe sam bradford if the Rams shop him.

It's just whatever. Not really special anyway. He did pretty good his senior year but it seems like he maximized his talent.

And I'm far from a Marrone fan but he had 4 chances to draft him. I think he thinks he max out RN. He's at best a backup IMO.

I think it's fair to say that we don't know how much power Marrone had. Given that Whaley was all in on EJ, why in hell would he draft the QB of his new coach's college team? That's just trouble waiting to happen.

Really? He's the one QB who has maximized his talent without starting in any meaningful way? I thought all young QBs needed time to develop their talent....that there was no such thing as one who couldn't get better.

I think it's fair to say that we don't know how much power Marrone had. Given that Whaley was all in on EJ, why in hell would he draft the QB of his new coach's college team? That's just trouble waiting to happen.

There's no way a coach with an offensive background wasn't a major part of the decision to draft EJ. No way. Given Marrone's personality, he would have quit if that was the chance.

I watched Cuse. There is nothing special about Nassib. He's just a guy.