Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

As I thought, that play was blown up from the get go.

They needed to gain 6 inches, but it was a very slow developing play, in which Chandler didn't chip the DE off the line. The DE was then planted firmly between Orton and his primary target Hogan. When Orton waited a bit for more to find open WRs, Hogan ran directly into Watkins' passing lane, while Chandler was covered and Woods was deep.

What a horrific play by everyone.

So, then, this?

Football-play-diagram-300x257.gif

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But at least a good call and well designed. :lol:

Maybe the theory that Orton did it on purpose has some merit. That was a very badly designed play, in that once the primary target - Hogan - was gone, the odds of picking up the first down were almost zero.

... when they needed six inches

But at least a good call and well designed. :lol:

It took 7 pages but someone finally addressed the true issue here. It's 3rd and about a foot, and you call a designed roll-out (with perhaps the slowest QB in the league) 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage? Seriously? That wasn't a goalline defense -- it was a 5-man front. Orton needs to check out of that ridiculous call and either sneak or give the ball to Fred.

It took 7 pages but someone finally addressed the true issue here. It's 3rd and about a foot, and you call a designed roll-out (with perhaps the slowest QB in the league) 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage? Seriously? That wasn't a goalline defense -- it was a 5-man front. Orton needs to check out of that ridiculous call and either sneak or give the ball to Fred.

Or worse yet....maybe Orton checked into that call....at this point, when it comes to our offense, all I can do is throw my arms up and laugh. It's not some bodies fault it's everybodies fault.

On another note, it was interesting to me that Gannon talked a ton about how our WR group is not really helping the QBs put any. Mentioned a lot about them recognizing coverages and running the right routes. I am Not saying they are bad, but we may give this group too much credit too soon. Remember Hogan is the most experienced starter we have. Christ I just said that out loud. Kid of scary

Or worse yet....maybe Orton checked into that call....at this point, when it comes to our offense, all I can do is throw my arms up and laugh. It's not some bodies fault it's everybodies fault.

On another note, it was interesting to me that Gannon talked a ton about how our WR group is not really helping the QBs put any. Mentioned a lot about them recognizing coverages and running the right routes. I am Not saying they are bad, but we may give this group too much credit too soon. Remember Hogan is the most experienced starter we have. Christ I just said that out loud. Kid of scary

The Bills most experienced WR is actually Robert Woods.

Clearly you've missed his ghost flinches to pressure and the times he just lays down rather than try to make a play. Orton is a kitty and showed it repeatedly in Denver.

Lol no he wasn't in 2010 with Lloyd Orton was one of the top qbs as far as big play passes goes in the league as he stood in there and took serious hits waiting to get the ball down the field it is also why he was one of the most sacked qbs as well.

We have seen Orton within the pocket collapsing throw a unscripted shuffle pass to beat the pressure and take plenty of hits . It was actually 4 down territory and he should have either tried to run it and risk a turnover or throw it away . It was a bad decision but based on history it had nothing to with him being scared but simply a mental error as he thought he was at least back at the line of scrimmage .

What bothers me the most is not the slide but the fact that pre-bye orton throw that to the endzone trying to make a big play . That recklessness that Orton started with is needed to balance out the risk adverse coaching .

Or he could be a man and lay it on the line for his team. Like everyone on the defense does. He just slides and crumple in the pocket every chance he gets.

He wasn't an upgrade and he's a kitty cat. I wish one of the defensive players or Wood/ Jackson got in his face.

Chandler was open too, Kitty could of even faked a throw and froze the defenders and gotten a first down.

IMO EJ would of gotten the first, or at the very least taken a big shot trying. The kid has heart and a great attitude, just hasn't shown the ability yet

if EJ plays again he's going to let it rip and he will run...

Coaches told him not to run not to take hits, etc

I agree. IMO we will see a much different EJ and hopefully much improved. We shall see what lessons he learned watiching

And if Kitty plays like he did the first half of Denver, Cleveland, Miami, etc- sit him down and put in EJ!

Edited by Pete