Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked this hasn't been posted yet. I lost all faith in Orton on that 3rd down when he could have done a Fitz and dove ahead to keep the drive alive.

Instead he slid and chose to give the ball back to Peyton Manning.

No guts. When you're on the road in a conference game as major underdogs in December with playoff hopes still alive and you happen to have an 82 career passer rating, you cant afford to play like a wimp.

Jim Kelly must have cringed when he saw that play, I know I did. The next time someone tells me what a competitor Orton is I'm laughing in their face.

He's cashing his $5M trying to figure out how he can skip another training camp next year and wait for his phone to ring when someone's qb goes down.

I'm with you. He hasn't bought in and is just another hired gun. That play told me all I need to know.

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't think the final TD was a garbage time for the simple reason that it put the Bills within one score. If they recover the onside kick - about a 15 percent chance (i.e., not negligible) - they have about a minute to try and score from near mid-field. Not likely, but certainly not impossible.

There was zero fear on the Broncos playing Orton. Zero.

There was zero fear on the Broncos playing Orton. Zero.

Let me relate this to something I can say about it.

It's like my old bull. He was 2,400 lbs. I would walk up next to him without fear because I knew he did not fear me. Sure, he knew I was smaller, weaker and posed no threat to him. When it came time to load him up and take him to the stockyard when his services were no longer needed he had no reason to fear me when trying to put him on the tractor. It was his willpower that was going to be needed and after 2 hours of standing there trying to get him on the trailer he finally decided he would go. It wasn't because he feared me and it wasn't because he knew I was weaker or smaller.

If my bull had feared me he would have done anything he could to get away from me. If my bull had respected me he would have done exactly what he did, he sat there. The problem with respect is that it does not always work out for you. His respect for me was that he knew I would not harm him. If he thought I could harm him he would have taken off on me, not in fear but in protection.

If the Broncos feared Orton they would have been much more aggressive and attacked him. They simply let him stand there in front of that trailer for 2 hours and let him lead himself to slaughter.

i think its part of the risk you take with a guy that would rather wait to sign after the final preseason game. i dont fault anyone for looking out for themselves, or not wanting to be crushed there -- but i dont think a ring is #1 priority for any qb refusing to get into camp.

Good point and I agree. Showed us everything we needed to know about Kyle's mental fortitude with that play and it's why if he starts against the Packers I might throw a snowball at his head.

...Because I know he's too much of a kitty to do anything about it. :lol:

all of a sudden Fitz is a hero we recall him getting the big bucks and becoming a bigger bust and ran out of here, talk about "jaded" fans, Fitz now a hero to the brain dead, cant' wait for the next post on how great a former Bills qb wash out is

we wonder if Orton feels like "Mrs. O'Leary's cow, you know the one blamed for starting the great Chicago fire you know on second though, put EJ in just so some will have something else to complain about, how many blow out loses have happen with Orton at qb, answer simple none

better than that all of you who can do a better job at qb, send your video tape of body of work to the Bills, we bet none are called in for a try out

all of a sudden Fitz is a hero we recall him getting the big bucks and becoming a bigger bust and ran out of here, talk about "jaded" fans, Fitz now a hero to the brain dead, cant' wait for the next post on how great a former Bills qb wash out is

we wonder if Orton feels like "Mrs. O'Leary's cow, you know the one blamed for starting the great Chicago fire you know on second though, put EJ in just so some will have something else to complain about, how many blow out loses have happen with Orton at qb, answer simple none

better than that all of you who can do a better job at qb, send your video tape of body of work to the Bills, we bet none are called in for a try out

EAAAAAASY...

This defense isn't conducive to being in blowout losses no matter who's at QB. But in terms of QB production, Orton and EJ are virtually identical. At least when Orton is playing the Jest.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Orton honestly simply forgot distance and down which is a totally screw up in itself but I dont think hes scared to run or get hit . But at the end of the day if you would have told me that we make a qb switch after 4 games and then have that QB throwing nearly 60 times in a game and then mad that we are not having much success with that strategy I would have LMAO.

It was the most disappointing performance by Orton. Not just the missed passes but the early slide and giving up early on sacks. For a team led by a warrior like Fred Jackson, Orton's performance was an insult to the team.

I would bench him. It was a chickenshit display.

It was the play of a mercenary, not someone who plays for the love of the game like Fitz

Marrone on Orton’s 3rd-and-1 decision

Facing a 3rd-and-1 at the Denver 25-yard line in the second quarter, Kyle Orton rolled right, and instead of going for the first down marker near the right sideline or throwing it away, the Bills quarterback chose to slide a yard short of the first down marker. Orton said after the game he wished he had thrown the ball away. Head coach Doug Marrone offered his thoughts of the play after watching the game tape.

“I think what Kyle said yesterday it was exactly right—it was a poor decision,” said Marrone. “Meaning, if you throw the ball away and no one’s open, we’re OK with that from that standpoint, because we know he’s not someone who’s going to be able to run and get the first down.

It doesn't matter if he wouldn't have made it. He has to lead by example and show he's willing to sell out for team. Instead, he's just a sellout. Enjoy the Benjamins, pu$$y.

you go for it there, and hope you can get any kind of shuffle/spin/anything to make the hit more glancing and fall forward.

that our coach is advocating you throw it away there is frustrating, unless behind closed doors hes made other desires clear.

Edited by NoSaint